Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Have you played Legend of Legacy? Does it get better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've never played that so I can't say

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Heath posted:

Have you played Legend of Legacy? Does it get better?

i havent. i heard it was fail though. like kind of shallow

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's extremely shallow. But I like the character designs a lot, especially the frog guy. And the music is good. I just didn't get past the third area or so.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I was playing some MM this week after getting through most of OoT and it just feels way more polished of a remaster. Both are obviously amazing but fully functional maps and better menus just give it a modern feel as opposed to OoT still having some vestiges of mid 90s UI and such.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

I was playing some MM this week after getting through most of OoT and it just feels way more polished of a remaster. Both are obviously amazing but fully functional maps and better menus just give it a modern feel as opposed to OoT still having some vestiges of mid 90s UI and such.

with OoT they were really careful to retain the original feel of the game, even keeping old bugs working to be faithful.

with MM they took some liberties and polished/tweaked things. a few of the tweaks were dumb (deku spin nerf) but they mostly really help the game. i have 3 100%'d files on my cart because once I start a file I just take it all the way to the end lol such an amazing game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Oh no not the deku spin nerf

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i didnt even remember they did that until some guy here wrote a 6 paragraph essay complaining about it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

no longer maining deku link in MM

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Guy from Barenaked Ladies chickity china voice* deku spin nerf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i didnt even remember they did that until some guy here wrote a 6 paragraph essay complaining about it

ThT was probably me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They hosed up zora swimming too!!!!!!!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

They hosed up zora swimming too!!!!!!!

It makes the temple easier but zipping around the ocean has lost its appeal

I also didn’t like how they redid the stone mask sidequest but otherwise thumbs up all around.

After recently completing the water temple in OoT I feel it isn’t that bad anymore but it must be hell having to play it again with the original way of changing boots. The updated aesthetic changes also make it gorgeous. I enjoyed it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII.

e: Wrong thread

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 26, 2019

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I loved the MM remake. some insane people got really worked up about how they changed the lighting and spoiled the dark/creepy atmosphere in a few places. i guess i can see what they mean but it doesn't really bother me, it's a lovely looking game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I need to beat YHWH in Apocalypse.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I need to beat YHWH in Apocalypse.

the boss before it was way harder. on hard mode neway. dunno about merciless or w/e super hard mode is called in that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really like that Apocalypse just ends with everyone wandering off to kill god even though it doesn't really have anything to do with the first 95% of the game. I know smt does that a lot but it feels particularly arbitrary. it owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Picked up Super Mario 3D Land today. Never played it before.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

It's my favorite 3d Mario game, enjoy. :cheers:

I started DQ8 after waffling on what to play next and put 11 hours into it over the weekend. It looks a lot better than I thought just going off the screenshots, and the battles are super fast and smooth compared to the ps2 version. Very Cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's my favorite 3d Mario game, enjoy. :cheers:

I started DQ8 after waffling on what to play next and put 11 hours into it over the weekend. It looks a lot better than I thought just going off the screenshots, and the battles are super fast and smooth compared to the ps2 version. Very Cool.

Looking forward to it, I loved 3D world + I was itching for some Mario hype ahead of maker 2. Almost also bought Mon Hun 3 Ultimate bc it was dirt cheap and I want to see what swimming battles look like but I chickened out,

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

3D Land is awesome.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

I haven’t played it since it came out and have absolutely no memory of it aside from it being very good. I think I’ll go through it again soon. The 3D effect is really cool and kinda useful in some parts

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It’s such an enjoyable game. The coziest rpg

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The only downside I can see with the DQ8 remake is they replaced Jessica's voice with a new lady. I never noticed it before but some iconic scenes are seared into my memory and hearing a slightly different voice is weird in those moments. They might've changed others too but that's the only one I've noticed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3D Land is awesome. Also this is probably the first used cart I've bought in ages and the previous owner has a 100% file that I didn't delete out of respect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it definitely has the best gameplay use of 3D I've ever seen, the foreground/background blocks look so cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Looking forward to it, I loved 3D world + I was itching for some Mario hype ahead of maker 2. Almost also bought Mon Hun 3 Ultimate bc it was dirt cheap and I want to see what swimming battles look like but I chickened out,

MH3U was good, but all the quality of life improvements they’ve made since then make it a little tougher to go back to, even more so than 4U. I would like to see underwater combat and the monsters that come with it make a return, eventually.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope the 3D Land tileset in Maker 2 lets you give the tanooki suit to anything

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I hope the 3D Land tileset in Maker 2 lets you give the tanooki suit to anything

It's 3D World so it'll be cat suits

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The only downside I can see with the DQ8 remake is they replaced Jessica's voice with a new lady. I never noticed it before but some iconic scenes are seared into my memory and hearing a slightly different voice is weird in those moments. They might've changed others too but that's the only one I've noticed

I think the original VAs also revoiced a bunch of the lines so that they could be recorded at a higher quality, so maybe some of the other lines sound a bit different... I don't remember where I heard that from though so it could be bs. The VA work is god tier either way

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

3D Land is awesome. Also this is probably the first used cart I've bought in ages and the previous owner has a 100% file that I didn't delete out of respect.

Giving my 3ds a reverent yet stoic nod every time I load my save.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kinda bummed there's no Champions Road in 3D Land, but I got a 4-Star File clear and now I want Mario Maker 2 more than ever.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

In Training posted:

Kinda bummed there's no Champions Road in 3D Land, but I got a 4-Star File clear and now I want Mario Maker 2 more than ever.

You need five stars to get the final level iirc. I might not, though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was looking at my 3DS carts after finishing 3D Land and have started a new file in MH4U. This was the first MH I ever played and I definitely absolutely had no clue what the hell I was doing. My old file has 26 hours played, is HR2, and has no equipment other than what I'm wearing, it looks like I sold everything I had. I have no skills in the equip set either. Pretty cool. Does this game have a farm that you unlock eventually.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Has anyone played Monster Hunter Stories? I'm interested..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Has anyone played Monster Hunter Stories? I'm interested..

yea if this is the 3ds turn based combat one.. felt pretty low budget to me. i didnt finish it. a lot of the overworld is like just massive green rectangles and that sort of basic poo poo. i thought the combat was ok, they tried something new for it. theres probabaly a reason why the overworld is so bland looking like theres proabbaly a million armour sets in the game taking up all the cart space or something but i didnt get that far into it to find out.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hm, okay I will pass for now then, thx for the info. Not sure what to play next. Maybe Soul Hackers or Strange Journey.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Strange Journey Redux is pretty sweet aside from the worse character art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Here's what I'm eyeballing and own right now:

Luigi's Mansion
Detective Pikachu
Zelda OoT
Zelda MM
Soul Hackers
Strange Journey Redux

I've played OoT before but not the remake, I've also played the original Strange Journey but never beat it, the rest would be brand new to me. Somebody mentioned to me that Ever Oasis is good as well..