Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

We should talk about bullshit multitools here.

It's $175.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mooktastical posted:

I have a Benchmade with a black tactilol paint job and a partially serrated edge. I bartered for it when I worked 3rds at a gas station in my 20s. I used to carry it for putting away trucks, and never stopped carrying it, and I'm a computer janitor now. I am That Guy.

Lol

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I have a bunch of Victorinox knives. Got some as a small kid, continuously cut myself with them while playing, got them taken away. Later found them and snuck them back, eventually got a Swisschamp for Christmas. Used them to build model planes and for tinkering. Still have them.

Victorinox replaces broken parts for free, and refurbished a whole collection (including sticky latex paint in the folds) for a few EUR per knife.

Yeah it's dorky and it's not useful very much, but for what they do they're pretty cool. And they're adorable. I like miniature stuff and mini versions of things, so they tick a couple of my geek boxes.

I sometimes wish I had more use for them so that I could justify buying one again. Maybe I'll at some point have a kid to whom I can gift it.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It's $175.

I can pull out my arm hair and scratch myself and everything I own for free thank you very much.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blistex posted:

I can pull out my arm hair and scratch myself and everything I own for free thank you very much.

Yeah but are you wearing a chain for one of those miniature bicycles clowns ride at the circus in town? Which it is. While doing so?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Burnt Dick posted:

Then I grew up and got a job in engineering.

swiss army knives are cool when you are a kid and doing kid stuff while you are camping etc. of course you are going to be disappointed if you approach them as an adult engineer

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

When I was helping a friend move I found something that basically looked a lot like this sitting on a table.

It's kind of haunted me ever since.

Burnt Dick
May 3, 2018
Knife wrench

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

It's $175.

I see your tactical braclet and raise you the Survco tactical credit card axe :black101:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
So the blade goes in the wallet, and the stock goes up the rear end?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

survco assumes you will be able to find a stick during your survival situation. I mean if there's no wood around you don't really need an axe very much anyway

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Huh I guess I will not be buying your tactical axe then

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Presumbly the zip ties are worn as a really stylish bracelet.

To match your paracord one that makes the honeys unable to keep their hands off you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Shut up Meg posted:

Presumbly the zip ties are worn as a really stylish bracelet.

To match your paracord one that makes the honeys unable to keep their hands off you

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Rutibex posted:

I see your tactical braclet and raise you the Survco tactical credit card axe :black101:

I remember killing bandits in Skyrim with this early on

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
But can I carry my tactical credit card axe in this?

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

Let me do you one better, here's a spearhead that screws onto any broom handle, perfect for when you just finished sweeping the floor and now you need to spear a hog for your dinner.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also makes a great Christmas tree topper

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Huh reminds me of a saw polearm I built as a teenager to help trim tall trees in my parents backyard.

...two scotch taped plastic broomsticks do not make a fearsome weapon.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

My knife-carry phase was around the age of 12, I had a decent little old folding knife that I never used for anything at all except to get in big trouuuuble when it fell out of my pocket during Christmas at grandmas. My uncle Ryan picked it up and said "Rambo here brought the gift of steel!"

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Uncle Ryan sounds awesome

Except for the ratting you out part

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cormorant posted:

Let me do you one better, here's a spearhead that screws onto any broom handle, perfect for when you just finished sweeping the floor and now you need to spear a hog for your dinner.

do they offer a survival halbird?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I didn't know that there were adults that didn't keep pocket knives with them until I started posting on SA because I don't know anyone in real life who doesn't, and I feel sorry for anyone that didn't have a cool old pocket knife passed down to them from their grandpa.

E: In case it's unclear, that's not the knife that my grandpa gave me. I don't know what the gently caress that thing is.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 26, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Goddamn you must be around some lame people, I don't want to step anywhere near that place. Please keep your 2.5" prosthetic gravity-fed dong where others can't see, hear or smell it, tia!

Burnt Dick
May 3, 2018

I didn't know that there were adults that didn't keep pocket knives with them until I started posting on SA because I don't know anyone in real life who doesn't, and I feel sorry for anyone that didn't have a cool old pocket knife passed down to them from their grandpa.

E: In case it's unclear, that's not the knife that my grandpa gave me. I don't know what the gently caress that thing is.

That actually looks cool as poo poo, I can definitely imagine carrying one of them at work, got the adjustable wrench, decent screwdriver selection, knife. Anyone else know any tools like this with the wrench?

Burnt Dick
May 3, 2018

Colonel Cancer posted:

Goddamn you must be around some lame people, I don't want to step anywhere near that place. Please keep your 2.5" prosthetic gravity-fed dong where others can't see, hear or smell it, tia!

But still this

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

When I was helping a friend move I found something that basically looked a lot like this sitting on a table.

It's kind of haunted me ever since.

Found the deluxe version of this. AXE.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm the untagged bottle opener :getin:

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
no i dont "carry" a knife because im not a computer toucher nerd iRL, only in GBS

At home if i want to open a box real fast i have a blunt, bent old kitchen knife covered in glue thats been serving me for years.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

I'm the untagged bottle opener :getin:

which one? I see two untagged bottle openers

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I use my pocket knife collection to impress :females:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Found the deluxe version of this. AXE.

This is good for killing yourself on an overzealous hammer swing windup

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lord Stimperor posted:

I use my pocket knife collection to impress :females:

Ladies love it when you take a knife out on 'em. That's a solid plan...

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I used to have a little blade somewhere in a bag or on my person until I moved to the big city where everyone is a retard

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SA is where i found out that there are people who carry knives around on them all day without having any reason to do so and most of the knives ive seen people post about on these forums were not passed down from any grandpa because they were obviously made in the last ten years and have ridiculous names that include the word "tactical"

also i used to work shipping and receiving, opening/cutting up boxes with a knife was part of my job every day and i still didnt carry one around on me when i wasnt at work because... why would i?

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 26, 2019

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

But how will you dispatch a brigand who may accost you on the highway? Without a trusty blade you will be left defenseless as the blackguard takes your wife and your hard earned money!

Alternatively, having a cheap piece of metal ensures that you are a free-man and not a slave like the rest of the sheeple :smugbert:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I crouch in the shadows by the door to the post office, waiting patiently. A female walks out with a securely taped package in her hands. I pull out my one-handed SVDAus263.5 steel knife and flick it open as I run up to her.

"I'VE GOT A KNIFE!", I shriek helpfully.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Rutibex posted:

Is that some kind of joke or can you really buy this? I guess, even if you can buy this, it's still kind of a joke, but I guess some people buy (and maybe produce this) while sounding all serious.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I used to have a carabiner that I carried my keys on that had a tiny Swiss Army-style knife blade that folded out. Was super-useful since it was basically always within reach, since keys/wallet are basically the 2 things you do actually carry everywhere all the time.

Sadly I had one too many incidents of "forgot it exists and security is giving me poo poo," I ended up just tossing it at one concert to avoid waiting in the 20-minute security line again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Upsides of carrying a cheapass multi-tool:
I always have a flathead and Philips screwdriver. Don’t know why so much poo poo still uses flatheads, they strip like nothing else, but eh.
Pliers and scissors are always useful. And they are always being used by someone else.
I can pry poo poo with the blade. gently caress it, if it breaks, it’s just a cheap multi-tool.
There’s like 5 people at any given time borrowing tools from work, so actually having the right tool for the job is impossible anyways.

Downsides:
Whenever some dude sees I have a multi-tool and wants to show me his “blade”. Inevitably it’s serrated, black and looks like it was meant to kill somebody.

Usually in a bar. Carrying a knife in a bar is asking for trouble imo :wtc:

Edit: writing this made me realize that basically all of my reasons for carrying a multi-tool boil down to my workplace being a gigantic mess. I’m not even supposed to be fixing stuff but it’s always broken.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 26, 2019