Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like Nitoku's glasses.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nitoku is great, I hope he wins the tournament.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Kazzy is my spirit animal.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

SWEET JESUS is good, but we could use a new thread title till Jerry makes a return in omega

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I've caught back up and things are gettin good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Koga finally realising his weakness

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Fellis posted:

SWEET JESUS is good, but we could use a new thread title till Jerry makes a return in omega

guess i'll throw a hat into the ring

Kengan Ashura - Two friends politely beating the poo poo out of each other

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Jose posted:

Koga finally realising his weakness
Noted wacky fighters Ohma and Gensai.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ohma didn't know how names worked and Gensai is as tsundere as a martial arts master can be

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Macksy posted:

Noted wacky fighters Wakatsuki and Rei.

I also think Julius and Bando count.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like Koga a lot as a protagonist. It's kinda nice to have a protagonist who doesn't have some secret hidden moveset and can develop more clearly during the series. It's also funny seeing the Ohma lookalike guy feeling competitive and not wanting Koga to catch up. I hope they become good friends.

Nitoku fight was also good and had a surprising outcome. I hope Adam gets to fight at some point. Adam + actual martial arts training has to be formidable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Macksy posted:

Noted wacky fighters Ohma and Gensai.

Stabbing with your fingers and turning red and moving very fast are quirky as hell

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Ohma was pretty dang quirky

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Everyone remembers Gensai as the basic fundamentals guy but his sobriquet is "The Devil Lance", he's introduced to us carving a statue out of rock with his fingers, and his deadliest move centers around being able to punch through rock with his fingertips.

He's got a gimmick.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's just a smokescreen, Gensai knows he's gotta have a gimmick to instill a false sense of security in people.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In a world where every strong fighter has a quirk, to have no quirks is actually to be the quirkiest and therefore the strongest.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

In a world where every strong fighter has a quirk, to have no quirks is actually to be the quirkiest and therefore the strongest.

Tell that to Deku.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Kanos posted:

Everyone remembers Gensai as the basic fundamentals guy but his sobriquet is "The Devil Lance", he's introduced to us carving a statue out of rock with his fingers, and his deadliest move centers around being able to punch through rock with his fingertips.

He's got a gimmick.

Naw man, he hit confirms or whiff punishes into that ish, he basics as all hell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2O4yzfR5FQ

AAAAAIDS

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

yeah, that about sums it up.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
It's astonishingly ugly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Magissima posted:

It's astonishingly ugly.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
It's just so washed out, like they somehow left every frame of the show sitting in direct sunlight

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's heavily stylized, but the style sucks balls.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was wondering if it was the same animators as Fist of the Blue Sky and Sidonia, but no, it's a different 3D studio that doesn't seem to have ever been the primary producers on an anime before. Poor KA.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This series deserves better, but I'm still excited

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I know they don't have a ton of money for this probably. If it's between this and the animation of One Punch Man season 2 I'd definitely go with this. Choreography is so good and important in this series.

Edit: I posted half way through. I still agree with my statement but god is this awful.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Wakatsuki punching somebody (I forget who) looked pretty faithful. I'm hopeful they'll do more stuff like that evoking the exaggerated way force and motion are represented in the manga.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Honestly, while the 3D doesn't look great the main thing that bothered me is everything being in this weird washed out sepia-toned lighting.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
At least it's better than Berserk.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yikes

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

klapman posted:

At least it's better than Berserk.

Not exactly a high bar.

I dunno, it looks close to being good, but it still just has the feeling of cutscenes in a PS2 game. Everything feels so weightless, at least in that short trailer.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Eh, at least we will always have the manga! :sun:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The hardest part is going to be reading the authors' comments in the volume extras praising the anime and acting all excited about it but deep down we all know they probably expected something better as well, specially with how meticulous and detail-oriented they are with their own work.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

You people will still watch it. Not me though I value my time.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

You people will still watch it. Not me though I value my time.

I won't.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I thought the action itself actually looked kinda decent. The CG stuff honestly works better (when done okay) than most normal animation that isn't really high budget. I kinda see what people mean about the color stuff, but it doesn't bother me (maybe because I'm colorblind).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the fights are a lost cause, but it's possible that solid direction could salvage the rest. as excellent as the fights in ka might be, i always liked the parts where fighters hung out between matches more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the fights are a lost cause, but

:blastu: