Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I would really like an express line for 10 items or less but I guess that still can be a pretty full cart with costco size packaging.

Installed new costco battery in wife’s car last week runs like a champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Set up a pack of outdoor string lights from Costco for my new balcony. Looks great at night.

Also, this week's work lunches are Kirkland broccoli, Sabatinos artichoke+mozzarella chicken sausage, and rice.

Thanks Costco you're the best.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol they don’t cost $200 dollars at all, maybe at a marina. Go to interstate battery.

I got an Interstate battery at Costco, friend!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The problems with express lines and self checkouts are the entitled people that abuse them. Now an idea is to honeypot all the sample stations with poison. Kill two birds with one stone that way.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Costco on a Monday is #blessed

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Renegret posted:

We got self checkout at my Costco a few months ago and this is exactly what happens. It ends up being no faster than just going to a regular checkout line. The self checkout lanes don't have nearly enough space to work, so you a ton of people clumsily trying to balance their purchases as they scan while their cart is still half full.

For a few years I was only close to a BJs, and the one near me had a tiny self checkout with a hand scanner. It was amazing. You left everything in the cart and zapped it all then you were done.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Never had a long wait at a Costco line tbh. There's always a dozen or so registers open and the people arn't messing around when it comes to scannin. Plus, I can run to the vending machine while someone waits at the cart and get an ICE COLD water for 25 cents.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The samples are cool and good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Captain Beans posted:

drat what artichoke lemon pesto sounds good as hell. How did it rate compared to the normal Costco pesto?

It's this thing https://images.app.goo.gl/domWUywvVdZ8Lh4o9

I bought some Boudin sliced sourdough from Costco over the weekend along with that sauce. Toast some bread with that and gently caress yeah. I've never actually had the Costco pesto since I usually just make that myself.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Went to my Costco unsure if I'd try the Bayside office chair.

Then there was a sign...

PBUC

E: why can't I get this image to load?

https://imgur.com/a/lyadI3n

Pershing fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 25, 2019

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Speaking of artichoke, ever have this with some stacy's pita chips?

https://www.instacart.com/costco/products/57699-la-terra-fina-spinach-artichoke-dip-31-oz

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

that poo poo is straight crack and like 1 billion calories. its great.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I bought this a while ago and finally got around to trying it and it's quite good, much better than the lentil penne they also offer.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pershing posted:

Then there was a sign...

PBUC

imgur has decided it's a social network now and they really don't want you embedding photos anymore

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

I bought this a while ago and finally got around to trying it and it's quite good, much better than the lentil penne they also offer.

Yeah I've tried a few different lentil pastas and they are quite good. They obviously don' have the same texture as regular pasta and its a lot more firm but I actually like it better now.

Also the macros on it are great.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pershing posted:

Then there was a sign...

PBUC

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

melona wasn't on this table (2008) at all. trying to find the table for 2018. wiki claims it was 8th in family mart in 2007

Wow, I had no idea they were a Korean brand, considering the box was like 'you'll be in a Hawaiian paradise!'

We also bought a two-pack of peach cider (juice, not hard cider), and ooh boy! It's super peachy, but in a good way.

pacerhimself posted:

Banza is good GF pasta, but don't be like my boyfriend and cook it in the instapot.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This was also on sale went I went over the weekend, and I had to make a decision between it and the pesto sauce. The deciding factor was the fact that that terra fina dip came in a big ol two pack and I knew I would have very little willpower so I bought the smaller product.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chair rules

PBUC

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I've had one of those chairs for 3 years or so. Pretty good for the price

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I keep forgetting to post this - someone was cleaning out their desk a few weeks ago and put this out in the "free area"

I'm sure I'm going to disappoint everyone by saying that I did not take the hat.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 25, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
A post that was Bitchin. That was made unBitchin all in the same post

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
u didnt take an Original Snapback Bitchin' Sauce floral patterned hat? What the hell??>?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The most blessed part of summer. Buy two boxes or regret it. PBUC

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

How does that Aeron knockoff compare to the real thing

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Chair rules

PBUC

I'm currently sitting in one of those chairs right now. Here's my quick review:

Pro: very comfortable for long-term sitting, working, gaming
Con: back mechanism began squeaking loudly after about a year when leaning back in the chair, requiring silicone lubricant spray about once a month to keep it silent

It was worth the price and I'd definitely buy it again.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Rumchata down to $15 and Dewar's blended $22.49 at my local Co. Naanwiches are back too. Sadly no mini cans of tomatoes or Victoria white linen marinara.

Got a dog for the first time in a while and it's different. The casing is much tougher and they seem to be using cheaper buns too. Who has the inside scoop to confirm/deny?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

The Midniter posted:

I'm currently sitting in one of those chairs right now. Here's my quick review:

Pro: very comfortable for long-term sitting, working, gaming
Con: back mechanism began squeaking loudly after about a year when leaning back in the chair, requiring silicone lubricant spray about once a month to keep it silent

It was worth the price and I'd definitely buy it again.

Yeah, I was hemming and hawwing coming in the door about whether to buy. Being on sale for $79 was the closer. Easy to assemble and very comfortable, would buy again.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
The best part about Costco is easily all the smoked salmon

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ROFLburger posted:

The best part about Costco is easily all the smoked salmon

Close, it's actually all the fresh salmon i cure and smoke at home

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Smoked salmon also freezes amazingly well, which changed the game for our household because we could never use it fast enough before. We get the 2 pack of Kirkland norway salmon. Nice light smoke and tender.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bloodplay it again posted:

Naanwiches are back too.

:negative:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just picked up some of those last week. Tried one yesterday and it was pretty decent. The bread is nice and soft for being microwaved.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Got a dog for the first time in a while and it's different. The casing is much tougher and they seem to be using cheaper buns too. Who has the inside scoop to confirm/deny?

I highly doubt they changed anything. It's not their business to start riots.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Congrats to St. John's, Newfoundland on your new warehouse. The largest in Canada! They built an extra 30,000 sqft and are using the space to stock more wholesale items. It's a sort of Costco + business center hybrid.

Also Craig Jelinek knows me by name now without reading my name tag. I think maybe I travel too much

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Math You posted:

Congrats to St. John's, Newfoundland on your new warehouse. The largest in Canada! They built an extra 30,000 sqft and are using the space to stock more wholesale items. It's a sort of Costco + business center hybrid.

Also Craig Jelinek knows me by name now without reading my name tag. I think maybe I travel too much

Do they have booze there because if so Newfoundland is doomed

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

priznat posted:

Do they have booze there because if so Newfoundland is doomed

No, only Alberta has liquor. Quebec has wine and beer.
Also they already had a Costco. In markets where the existing Costco is over crowded, but the population can't justify a whole new warehouse, we'll shutter the old one. We've been doing this to quite a few of the old price club era buildings lately.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Math You posted:

No, only Alberta has liquor. Quebec has wine and beer.
Also they already had a Costco. In markets where the existing Costco is over crowded, but the population can't justify a whole new warehouse, we'll shutter the old one. We've been doing this to quite a few of the old price club era buildings lately.

I go to a smaller one in Burnaby BC pretty often (it is near my work) and it is between two much larger ones. It's a lot more pleasant experience than either of those two so I hope it doesn't get shut down!

It's usually still crazy busy so it seems unlikely.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

We had a location open up the road from us yesterday. I drove by around 10AM on some other errands and the entire parking lot was slam full with folks. Cops were directing traffic and there was a line out the door. There isn’t another location in about a 45 minute’s drive, but it’s a bit surprising to see people going nuts about this so much. Hopefully it will die down a bit soon so I can actually use the location.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

priznat posted:

I go to a smaller one in Burnaby BC pretty often (it is near my work) and it is between two much larger ones. It's a lot more pleasant experience than either of those two so I hope it doesn't get shut down!

It's usually still crazy busy so it seems unlikely.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that Costco is super near a university, and so I doubt they'll nix it any time soon. Students living near/on campus and sharing cars constantly frequent that location (I should know; if I'm guessing right, that was the Costco I frequented while attending said university.) Also, there's litany of skyscrapers going up near by with many more planned, so there's only going to be more pressure on that location. No one living in that area of Burnaby is gonna wanna drive to Port Coquitlam, Brentwood or Surrey for the other Costcos unless their commute takes them by it naturally.

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Yeah your Burnaby location is safe. We haven't opened a BC store in over 10 years because the cost of land is so dumb and there's already a good number. That location is also very unique as there's a small buying office run out of it. It's the only remaining office left outside of Ottawa.