Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Autechresaint posted:

What did Caravaggio and Noel Coward do? Were they sex perverts as well?

They were gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Caravaggio murdered someone (possibly accidentally in a fistfight) and Noel Coward was posthumously accused of attempting to seduce an unwilling and very uncomfortable 19-year-old.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Back in Caravaggio's time everybody was killing everybody in bar brawls and hot duels.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

From what I can tell, Dench isn't defending Weinstein or Spacey so much as asking people to separate the art from the artist?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

esperterra posted:

From what I can tell, Dench isn't defending Weinstein or Spacey so much as asking people to separate the art from the artist?

Weinstein didn’t make any loving art

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DeimosRising posted:

Right, and I don't think anyone is saying, "Because of Weinstein, you can't watch Lord of the Rings anymore, which he was an executive producer on." Just that we're done with him moving forward.

Spacey is a different discussion altogether.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DeimosRising posted:

Agreed re: Weinstein, but my point still stands that she hasn't been defending the poo poo they did.

Weinstein was involved in a lot of amazing movies but tbh it's pretty drat difficult for me to separate much of that from him, as his being a loving scumbag no doubt helped a lot of those projects even succeed.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Weinstein is more like one of the Borgias and you certainly don't separate their "art" from their reputation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Weinstein is more like one of the Borgias and you certainly don't separate their "art" from their reputation.

Pope Alexander VI did nothing wrong.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

Looks like someone hasn't seen a little movie called Playing For Keeps

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I was confused about Caravaggio too other than the whole you know hiring undeniably real weirdo normies to portray undeniably real weirdo Normies but everyone knew that about him

Apparently he carried a sword and got into fights a lot but that just makes him sound even more punk

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

What's important here is that we continue to worship success and wealth. You have to accept the good with the serial rape, sexual assault, and harassment.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

What's important here is that we continue to worship success and wealth. You have to accept the good with the serial rape, sexual assault, and harassment.

What "good"? Burn capitalism to the loving ground :colbert:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Pope Alexander VI did nothing wrong.

Then why do you have to fist fight him in Assassin’s Creed 2

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AceOfFlames posted:

Then why do you have to fist fight him in Assassin’s Creed 2

because APAB

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Alan Smithee posted:

I was confused about Caravaggio too other than the whole you know hiring undeniably real weirdo normies to portray undeniably real weirdo Normies but everyone knew that about him

Apparently he carried a sword and got into fights a lot but that just makes him sound even more punk

He probably killed a dude while attempting to cut off his dick over a prostitute, which may or may not make him more punk in your book idk.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
His own dick?

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Vagabundo posted:

His own dick?

The other dude's dick, apparently duels to the dick cutting were a thing in Rome at the time.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bring it back imo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Prax-is

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Catfishenfuego posted:

The other dude's dick, apparently duels to the dick cutting were a thing in Rome at the time.

So Rome was essentially the Empire of Azad only without the board games

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 27, 2019

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
IMO there’s a big difference between living scumbags who are likely still profiting off their best-known works, and dead scumbags.

I plan on having a Polanski movie marathon as soon as the fucker’s dead.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Sucrose posted:

IMO there’s a big difference between living scumbags who are likely still profiting off their best-known works, and dead scumbags.

I plan on having a Polanski movie marathon as soon as the fucker’s dead.

Did Polanski finance his own films?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Pixar has removed a Hollywood “casting couch” joke from Toy Story 2: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/7/3/20681325/toy-story-2-bloopers-removed-edited-re-release

This one stuck out like a sore thumb when I watched it just about a week ago. It's part of the credits sequence where they pretend the toys are actual actors, which in itself is kinda lame.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Pixar has removed a Hollywood “casting couch” joke from Toy Story 2: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/7/3/20681325/toy-story-2-bloopers-removed-edited-re-release

This one stuck out like a sore thumb when I watched it just about a week ago. It's part of the credits sequence where they pretend the toys are actual actors, which in itself is kinda lame.

I mean good for them for removing it, but gently caress if that doesn’t completely exemplify how pervasive that concept was and still is in that it could be slipped into a kid’s movie with almost no need for contextual setup.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've known about it since I was a kid and it is galling that nobody ever did anything about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tart Kitty posted:

I mean good for them for removing it, but gently caress if that doesn’t completely exemplify how pervasive that concept was and still is in that it could be slipped into a kid’s movie with almost no need for contextual setup.

Pepe Le Pew's whole schtick is that he's a skunk trying to rape a cat.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Skwirl posted:

Pepe Le Pew's whole schtick is that he's a skunk trying to rape a cat.

We had a hilarious (read: terrible) discussion about Pepe le Pew in PYF where people were shouting HE'S JUST BAD AT READING SOCIAL CUES, LEAVE THE SKUNK ALONE and the rest of us were :chloe:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The joke is that he is French.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I think you mean “prackseess”
https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1143280089133699072?s=21

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Remember: Max Landis had written a Pepe Le Pew script,which is the least surprising marriage of character and writer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZgW9ausYzI

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Jeffrey Epstein Arrested for Sex Trafficking of Minors
https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-arrested-for-sex-trafficking-of-minors-source

Epstein Arrest Is a Worry for Donald Trump (and many others)
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/epstein-arrest-worry-donald-trump-110022029.html

The NXIVM Sex Cult Is Getting the Lifetime Movie Treatment
https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/the-nxivm-sex-cult-is-getting-the-lifetime-movie-treatment.html

French Michael Jackson fans sue 'Leaving Neverland' accusers
https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/toledo/ap-top-news/2019/07/04/french-michael-jackson-fans-sue-leaving-neverland-accusers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

That’s a weird thing to find out the French could do

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen some poo poo here and there linking Trump to Epstein. No proof Trump diddled kids but a lot of them are assuming it happened.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I've seen some poo poo here and there linking Trump to Epstein. No proof Trump diddled kids but a lot of them are assuming it happened.

Would anyone legitimately be surprised if Trump diddled kids?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

chitoryu12 posted:

Would anyone legitimately be surprised if Trump diddled kids?

No. I'd love to see his following twist it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

They have twisted it. They ARE twisting it

What do you think qanon and pizzagate is for

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alan Smithee posted:

They have twisted it. They ARE twisting it

What do you think qanon and pizzagate is for

Was there some proof of Trump diddling kids previously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Was there some proof of Trump diddling kids previously?

Not hard evidence, but an accusation that he raped a 13-year-old combined with his pattern of repeated sexual assault (which he gladly admitted to publicly). Basically if you had to say any rich guy molested a child, he’d be top of the list.