Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

FCKGW posted:

You can buy stuff from Costco.com without a membership, you just have to pay a 10% surcharge.

Thank you, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suburban wine mom
May 27, 2004

f

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Taima posted:

Smoked salmon also freezes amazingly well, which changed the game for our household because we could never use it fast enough before. We get the 2 pack of Kirkland norway salmon. Nice light smoke and tender.

O gently caress that’s a game changer. I never thought to freeze it, and passed over it because just two of us would never finish it

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Costco did me right with a big ol’ bag of Kurkure Masala Munch: basically Cheetos only with Indian spicing instead of cheez. Or chaat as made by Frito-Lay. It rules.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Costco did me right with a big ol’ bag of Kurkure Masala Munch: basically Cheetos only with Indian spicing instead of cheez. Or chaat as made by Frito-Lay. It rules.

That stuff is way too good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Math You posted:

Yeah your Burnaby location is safe. We haven't opened a BC store in over 10 years because the cost of land is so dumb and there's already a good number. That location is also very unique as there's a small buying office run out of it. It's the only remaining office left outside of Ottawa.

Yay! It is a very OG location too, I remember going there with my folks 20-30(?) years ago. drat.

The price of land is insane here and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Willingdon location gets developed to include condo towers over the parking at some point.

Also how does the downtown Vancouver location do if you can say? I went there a few times when it first opened and it was possibly the least busy costco I’ve ever seen. Perhaps with more people moving downtown it is fine now but there was already a huge population when it opened and not too lively. Possibly because downtown apartments are the size of a shoebox.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

priznat posted:

Yay! It is a very OG location too, I remember going there with my folks 20-30(?) years ago. drat.

The price of land is insane here and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Willingdon location gets developed to include condo towers over the parking at some point.

Also how does the downtown Vancouver location do if you can say? I went there a few times when it first opened and it was possibly the least busy costco I’ve ever seen. Perhaps with more people moving downtown it is fine now but there was already a huge population when it opened and not too lively. Possibly because downtown apartments are the size of a shoebox.

Anecdotally from grabbing lunch and office snacks there from back when I used to work downtown, it's got a steady clientele of literally every walk of life getting lunch from its outdoor Costco cafe, then a lot of restaurants & businesses loading up flatbed carts inside with bulk food and/or office supplies, but it's never so busy as a suburban Costco on a weekend. When all I needed was a single item, it was preferable to pick it up at lunch downtown than fighting for parking at the Lougheed location closer to my residence, even with the skytrain ride back.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

priznat posted:

Their pharmacy is very busy, I can tell you that much. All of their phones ring off the hook, all day, every day. Their demographic isn't a fan of using the automated phone system to submit refill requests..

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Math You posted:

Congrats to St. John's, Newfoundland on your new warehouse. The largest in Canada! They built an extra 30,000 sqft and are using the space to stock more wholesale items. It's a sort of Costco + business center hybrid.

Also Craig Jelinek knows me by name now without reading my name tag. I think maybe I travel too much

If you are in IT, then I probably know you also.
St. Johns is probably the equivalent of the Tukwila 06 store. It originally had the Food Factory, but that was converted into a quasi BC/Furniture area. It's cool that they are designing new buildings with that idea going forward.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Math You posted:

Their pharmacy is very busy, I can tell you that much. All of their phones ring off the hook, all day, every day. Their demographic isn't a fan of using the automated phone system to submit refill requests..

Weird, that is a great feature! So handy.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

pacerhimself posted:

I bought this a while ago and finally got around to trying it and it's quite good, much better than the lentil penne they also offer.

yo this poo poo is good

and the price per unit at Costco is like 1/10 of the cost at other grocery stores that only sell the tiny boxes

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hello from Costco. I will be here for the next hour and a half while I get new tires.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RZA Encryption posted:

Hello from Costco. I will be here for the next hour and a half while I get new tires.

Can we get a periscope stream of the onion dispenser? Need live updates. Thanks and Jim bless

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thekitchn/status/1143244870481522689
:popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I loving love goat cheese

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How much is it/did you buy it

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

$20, not yet. I'll shop after my car's ready so I don't have cold stuff get hot. Waiting on a free sample of Morton's tri-tip.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I loving love cheese

:same:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I loving love cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEg2NT4HDpY&t=172s

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 27, 2019

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
"Cheese flight"

It's a cheese board you fucks. Stop trying to church it up.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
My work bought a few of those cheese flights for an event. The one on the right with all the spices on it was aces. I don’t think any of the others really stood out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I want that fancy cheese sampler real bad but I doubt they would be in Canada, we don’t even get tillamook here (which I love)

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

I bought this at Christmas as an easy-to-set-out snack and I didn't care for it at all. I liked one out of bunch so it wasn't worth it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Waterbed Wendy posted:

"Cheese flight"

It's a cheese board you fucks. Stop trying to church it up.

the cheese flies into my mouth so its accurate

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Whats the servings size on that bitch? Like, one block per serving or one flight per serving.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. The Costco app will now report gas prices at Costco locations. Nice!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Thwomp posted:

Holy poo poo. The Costco app will now report gas prices at Costco locations. Nice!

whoa

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Whats the servings size on that bitch? Like, one block per serving or one flight per serving.

1.8lbs per flight. How much cheese can YOU eat?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Thwomp posted:

"Cheaper than everywhere else, but you already know that" is only slightly useful.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

pacerhimself posted:

"Cheaper than everywhere else, but you already know that" is only slightly useful.

Actually, I can now see my local Costco in the Chicago area has the lowest gas prices of all the Costcos around.

And I know which to avoid (but those areas already had higher than average prices for non-Costco gas).

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I tried the Banza chickpea pasta based on the thread's recommendation. I can confirm that Banza + $4.99 chicken + pesto is a solid combo.

One word of warning though, the box mentions it can foam a bit. They're not lying, I turned my back on it for 30 seconds and my stove top was suddenly reenacting the end of Ghostbusters.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Moey posted:

Realistically? Enough to get constipated fairly easily:smug:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

david_a posted:

I tried the Banza chickpea pasta based on the thread's recommendation. I can confirm that Banza + $4.99 chicken + pesto is a solid combo.

One word of warning though, the box mentions it can foam a bit. They're not lying, I turned my back on it for 30 seconds and my stove top was suddenly reenacting the end of Ghostbusters.

Placing a wood spoon across the top of the pot causes the bubbles to dissipate before they spill over. It probably doesn't need to be wood. It works for regular pasta, should work for this.

And yes, it's the closest to real pasta I've found. Don't care about gluten but the macros are solid.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pacerhimself posted:

Placing a wood spoon across the top of the pot causes the bubbles to dissipate before they spill over. It probably doesn't need to be wood. It works for regular pasta, should work for this.

And yes, it's the closest to real pasta I've found. Don't care about gluten but the macros are solid.
That wasn’t mere bubbles my friend, there were globs with serious heft to them everywhere

I almost wonder if I should rinse it before cooking

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxqycijBUn0

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

david_a posted:

That wasn’t mere bubbles my friend, there were globs with serious heft to them everywhere

I almost wonder if I should rinse it before cooking

I doubt that would help.

I know what you mean as I had the same problem with the other pasta from them.

It’s drat good poo poo even if you have to watch it a bit.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Gravitee posted:

I bought this at Christmas as an easy-to-set-out snack and I didn't care for it at all. I liked one out of bunch so it wasn't worth it.

I did the same and most of the cheeses were moldy, even though it was well before the expiration date. Would not recommend.

naem
May 29, 2011

i’m enough of a cheese snob i’d want to pick out my own cheese for cheese plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Moey posted:

Well, if the 1.5lbs on the cheese pizza is any indication...