Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Did Ainge get hired by the Knicks???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Can't trade terry

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

WhyteRyce posted:

Did Ainge get hired by the Knicks???

Ainge's key skill is identifying the five execs in the league who're dumber than him

Cf Billy King

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

jackofarcades posted:

it makes way more sense to spend the 32m on a max guy like Kawhi or Kyrie than splitting it up

"Splitting up" that 32m can get you Pat Bev + Danny Green + Dwayne Dedmon? Something like that.

e: Point is, you're gonna be filling out your roster spots with minimum guys. The question is if you're grabbing an extra one or two decent role players

absorbing capela’s contract and signing pat bev would give you a starting lineup of beverly/?/bron/ad/capela which would be among the top five units in the nba

your bench will suck but it was gonna suck no matter what

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

i thought the scoutwithbryan guy was a huge piece of poo poo but goddamn

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Declan MacManus posted:

absorbing capela’s contract and signing pat bev would give you a starting lineup of beverly/?/bron/ad/capela which would be among the top five units in the nba

your bench will suck but it was gonna suck no matter what

feel like I'd rather see what brook lopez wants than capela.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Canadian Twitter going hog wild over this picture right now. https://twitter.com/YahooCASports/status/1144297199804854272?s=19

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

jackofarcades posted:

feel like I'd rather see what brook lopez wants than capela.

Seriously need a few Ed Davis types to do the dirty work.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1013577087289118721

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AggressivelyStupid posted:

i thought the scoutwithbryan guy was a huge piece of poo poo but goddamn

This prompted me to check in on him. He just wrote an article arguing that Rui is the next Giannis so I guess maybe his marketing plan of harassing people until they subscribe to his patreon isn't working so well and he really wants his old job back

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

You know this tweet is a year old right?

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Think he was making a point about Woj being a mouthpiece for whatever GM is talking to him? I dunno

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

NotWearingPants posted:

Hey Jimmy we're going to rest Lebron for this east coast road trip against the Heat, Magic, Hawks and Hornets, so we're going to need you step up.

Ok Coach, I'm here for the team! I know my role!

Yeah, that sounds like the Jimmy Butler I know.

QP is shook

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

chilihead posted:

Seriously need a few Ed Davis types to do the dirty work.

I wouldn't worry about finding guys like that. There will be someone available for the vet min at center, imo. The problem is how much you have to pay for shooting.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

This prompted me to check in on him. He just wrote an article arguing that Rui is the next Giannis so I guess maybe his marketing plan of harassing people until they subscribe to his patreon isn't working so well and he really wants his old job back

I posted it a while back but the intro to that article is like 500 words bitching about how no one in the Wizards FO will leak or talk to him

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ben_Dowsett/status/1144365413700030464
Can the season just start already eff

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jackofarcades posted:

I wouldn't worry about finding guys like that. There will be someone available for the vet min at center, imo. The problem is how much you have to pay for shooting.

I believe actual Ed Davis is a UFA, and would be a good get for any number of teams

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I believe actual Ed Davis is a UFA, and would be a good get for any number of teams

That, plus even if you start the year with like 6 guys + some scrubs, Lakers definitely could get some buyout guys

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Of course.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
THIS'LL be the year the jazz are really good and get to the Finals! not like those other years i said it

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

jackofarcades posted:

That, plus even if you start the year with like 6 guys + some scrubs, Lakers definitely could get some buyout guys

Hey we have a couple days to be bored so lets talk. At the very least, KCP will be back on the minimum and sounds like they can work Bullock back in.
Rondo seems like a strong possibility to work at the minimum. That's 3 guards. Now getting a few shooting wings and a couple big bodies is all that's left.

If it's Kawhi then they just need to convince the better shooters to chase a ring, forwards are set maybe get one true center like Deandre,Robin Lopez or whoever has already made a few bucks. I'm not talking about guys like Korver or Rose who are close to washed up.
I'm talking about the JJ Reddicks of the world, who have made money but have choices.
Which guys are we talking about?They need vets like Beverly and Ariza but they might chase more money. The question in my mind is who likes Lebron and if they get Kawhi(big if) how can the Lakers screw this up?

If the Lakers get Kawhi, it seems like every veteran who already had a second contract would be fighting to get a ring with these guys.
My question is, who has made money but isn't ancient like Korver, that needs a ring?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

chilihead posted:

If it's Kawhi then they just need to convince the better shooters to chase a ring, forwards are set maybe get one true center like Deandre,Robin Lopez or whoever has already made a few bucks. I'm not talking about guys like Korver or Rose who are close to washed up.

You are not getting DJ or Robin Lopez for vet minimums. I don't even think you're getting KCP for that. Rondo is a possibility.

chilihead posted:

If the Lakers get Kawhi, it seems like every veteran who already had a second contract would be fighting to get a ring with these guys.

Yeah, this didn't really happen with the Heat or the Cavs or the (way more of a ring guarantee) Warriors, why do you think it'll suddenly happen now? You'll get good vet minimums but you're not getting guys who can probably find 10m contracts to take a vet minimum, especially in a sellers market like this year.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 27, 2019

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol where’s the AD rage

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Paperback Writer posted:

lol where’s the AD rage

Huh?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I think he means for waiving his trade clause, but that is only $4mil and he wasn't getting it if he stayed anyway.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Aye Doc posted:

wow this is an extremely good and horrific article

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. gently caress, that's awful.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

None of those guys are going to take the minimum, Deandre Jordan, KCP? No way. Maaaaybe Rondo. Even Rose will be able to get more after his last year and with all this money floating

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

I think he means for waiving his trade clause, but that is only $4mil and he wasn't getting it if he stayed anyway.

It also actually creates space for his team, which the Durant contract did not. It only saved luxury tax.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Le Saboteur posted:

Canadian Twitter going hog wild over this picture right now. https://twitter.com/YahooCASports/status/1144297199804854272?s=19

Someone else going crazy over this tweet: Lenny Dykstra
https://twitter.com/lennydykstra/status/1144340472971874309?s=21

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chilihead posted:

Hey we have a couple days to be bored so lets talk. At the very least, KCP will be back on the minimum and sounds like they can work Bullock back in.
Rondo seems like a strong possibility to work at the minimum. That's 3 guards. Now getting a few shooting wings and a couple big bodies is all that's left.

I'm talking about the JJ Reddicks of the world, who have made money but have choices.
Which guys are we talking about?They need vets like Beverly and Ariza but they might chase more money. The question in my mind is who likes Lebron and if they get Kawhi(big if) how can the Lakers screw this up?

My question is, who has made money but isn't ancient like Korver, that needs a ring?

Can you please identify yourself as a Magic fan so it will minimize the people posting HA THE LAKERS FANS THOUGHT THEY WERE GETTING ROBIN LOPEZ FOR THE VET MINIMUM posts when the Lakers end up signing Ivan Rabb and Alex Caruso in a week . . .

I love the spirit, though.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Why did Boston low ball Al Horford if they’re going to sign older and worse Kyrie in order to keep on hanging on to this idea they’re contenders?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

It also actually creates space for his team, which the Durant contract did not. It only saved luxury tax.
No... it’s how they signed Livingston and Iguodala.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Paperback Writer posted:

No... it’s how they signed Livingston and Iguodala.

It’s not, they had rights on both. They just didn’t want to pay gigantic tax to keep them

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The Kings have kept so much room simply for the purpose of offering potential Lakers “minimum” guys too much money to turn down.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Brolander posted:

THIS'LL be the year the jazz are really good and get to the Finals! not like those other years i said it

they have been to the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

It’s not, they had rights on both. They just didn’t want to pay gigantic tax to keep them

Yea the worst part of KD taking the paycut is it didn’t actually do anything but save the Kind Job Creator Group tax money.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

The Maestro posted:

The Kings have kept so much room simply for the purpose of offering potential Lakers “minimum” guys too much money to turn down.

javale mcgee to sac confirmed

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Brolander posted:

Plz don’t take this away from me it’s not even July yet

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Maestro posted:

Yea the worst part of KD taking the paycut is it didn’t actually do anything but save the Kind Job Creator Group tax money.

The tax money just goes to other owners which makes it even weirder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

did you see him loving whining about the wizards not giving him a scoop to help his media career???