Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Yami Fenrir posted:

Discord is...

good

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

OMGVBFLOL posted:

has anyone tried a role madness game with entirely randomly assigned roles

how about a mafia game where not only are roles assigned entirely by rng (independent of alignment) but, also, roles change after every night phase (and are random every time)

that sounds sufficiently terrible

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

George Kansas posted:

how about a mafia game where not only are roles assigned entirely by rng (independent of alignment) but, also, roles change after every night phase (and are random every time)

This is making me want to retry running Bastard Modfia. Originally I had to quit because my life hit the poo poo at the time. Which was meta, but not intended.

Edit: gently caress it

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 28, 2019

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

George Kansas posted:

who told you about my sealab mafia setup?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
UNDER MARTIAN LAW DOCTORS AND OTHER WIZARDS ARE FORBIDDEN

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bernstrike posted:

who told you about my sealab mafia setup?

If this ever actually does happen, sign me up and PM me a role even if I miss sign ups, I would come back from the dead to play birb sealab mafia

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
6 spots left for Avengers mafia!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892740

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

George Kansas posted:

I ran a game very close to that and learned that it's very doable but probably requires a lot of oversight to deal with action loops and glitches

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

stay tuned for "everyone loses if imgay is not top poster mafia" coming soon

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Everyone's a Cop Mafia is ready and will be going up when Squiggly's game is ~half way through.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mikujin posted:

Everyone's a Cop Mafia is ready and will be going up when Squiggly's game is ~half way through.

lol nice

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bastard Modfia sign-ups are gonna stay open but I'm not expecting it to fill up any time soon.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
2 spots and a jammy confirmation for mafia start

Or 3 spots

Come one come all

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
there's probably an excellent reason why this game hasn't filled yet, but in case there isn't, peep this game jerks ---> Yami's Choose somebody else's role Mafia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who owns votefinder? I have a project that I'd like to suggest and am not sure how long it would take.

Initially, soru had votefinder pulling all of the posts for each thread. Could we take all of the posts for every game in votefinder and setup a database of posts for searching? SA doesn't support archives searching, but we could have archived mafia game searching.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Who owns votefinder? I have a project that I'd like to suggest and am not sure how long it would take.

Initially, soru had votefinder pulling all of the posts for each thread. Could we take all of the posts for every game in votefinder and setup a database of posts for searching? SA doesn't support archives searching, but we could have archived mafia game searching.

I do, and Votefinder still pulls all posts. I'll add it to the list of things to explore. Concerned about the potential impact of searching 1m posts with the current database server size.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Soaring Kestrel posted:

I do, and Votefinder still pulls all posts. I'll add it to the list of things to explore. Concerned about the potential impact of searching 1m posts with the current database server size.

Thanks!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

this is how the merk<>mafia singularity happens and skynet kills us all

Dancer
May 23, 2011
what or who is a "merk"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Need a replacement for Avengers mafia. We are near the end of day 1.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I would like to use votefinder's scraped posts to train an OpenAI GPT-2 neural network to create an AI Lumpen that posts for me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lumpen posted:

I would like to use votefinder's scraped posts to train an OpenAI GPT-2 neural network to create an AI Lumpen that posts for me.

Make a bot that just posts randomised lists of the players every so often. Then dies D1. Easy enough.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Day 1 just ended for Avengers Mafia. Looking for a few potential replacements. Please PM me or reply. Could use some help for what is promising to be a very active and fun game!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Squiggly posted:

Day 1 just ended for Avengers Mafia. Looking for a few potential replacements. Please PM me or reply. Could use some help for what is promising to be a very active and fun game!

I'd love to help you out but 25 pages by eoD1 is too rich for my blood

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I'd love to help you out but 25 pages by eoD1 is too rich for my blood

Stick to the replacement meta:

"Hey I replaced in and there's no way I'm reading all those pages. Someone want to fill me in on what happened?"

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

I actually thought this would be a really funny thing to do but I don't really understand ML.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Soaring Kestrel posted:

I actually thought this would be a really funny thing to do but I don't really understand ML.

good news

neither does anyone else

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm sorry I can't replace in, I already have enough going on that I'm actively losing my mind.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Lumpen posted:

I will pay good money to stop this from ever happening

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hi we need a replacement for Avengers Mafia. Just about to end day 2.

e: jk we got one

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 10, 2019

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

mission accomplished, huzzah

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bastard modfia 3 has ended in a scum and 3p victory

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I imagine the animation doesn't look nearly as good in motion as it does in stills.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The best way to enjoy anime is to just scroll really fast through a manga

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PMush Perfect posted:

I imagine the animation doesn't look nearly as good in motion as it does in stills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NHwqqaGpU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its a Bouncy! show, the bad CG is part of the appeal with them. like gdgd fairies had the worst and honestly it does a lot more for the feel of the show.
but yeah they are comedies that are notable because they segments where the voice actress have to play games while in character which they animate later.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

merk posted:

what an interesting show