Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

naem posted:

i’m enough of a cheese snob i’d want to pick out my own cheese for cheese plate
yeah pretty much and probably cheaper to diy since its so piss easy to put out some cheese on a board that theres no value in buying a pre-decided flight of cheeses.

Trader Joes has a great selection of a varierty of hq cheese (that comes and goes sadly, sometimes they have neater interesting stuff and then discontinue it :mad:) for cheap if you want to put a platter out with a lot of different cheeses, but not have like an entire wheel of it still left over. Costco often has some good and unique ones, but some of them are big and they come and go: like they used to really good haberno cheeses and black diamond cheddar stuff, some amazing smoked gouda, but it seems to be gone at the moment. At least they consistency have good brie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

naem posted:

i’m enough of a cheese snob i’d want to pick out my own cheese for cheese plate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1JWzyvv8A

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dunno if Costco still sells this pack, but we've bought it before, and it was good

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Xaris posted:

yeah pretty much and probably cheaper to diy since its so piss easy to put out some cheese on a board that theres no value in buying a pre-decided flight of cheeses.

Trader Joes has a great selection of a varierty of hq cheese (that comes and goes sadly, sometimes they have neater interesting stuff and then discontinue it :mad:) for cheap if you want to put a platter out with a lot of different cheeses, but not have like an entire wheel of it still left over. Costco often has some good and unique ones, but some of them are big and they come and go: like they used to really good haberno cheeses and black diamond cheddar stuff, some amazing smoked gouda, but it seems to be gone at the moment. At least they consistency have good brie

TJs double cream gouda and their $6 chianti for the loving win. I'm drunk right now and really regretting that I don't have any double cream gouda. Yes, I AM fat, why do you ask?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MisterOblivious posted:

Well, if the 1.5lbs on the cheese pizza is any indication...

Wait... is that true...? The cheese pizza from the food court has 1.5 pounds of cheese? I don't think i've ever actually bought the cheese, i always roll with the combo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Wait... is that true...? The cheese pizza from the food court has 1.5 pounds of cheese? I don't think i've ever actually bought the cheese, i always roll with the combo.

Yes I do believe that is the case.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

yeah the, the whole $9.99 pizza has 1.5 lbs of cheese.

i actually think cheese is their best pizza, the pepperoni is just some gross greasy cesspool that slides right off in some cheesy meaty raft of grease the moment you pick it up. i noticed there seems to be huge variations in cooking. if its actually cooked long enough where its a delicious browned cheese with crispy pepperoni that has curled upwards and the crust is cooked through and more solid, its great. but seems like they rush the cooking just a little too short and it's always a tad into disappointing territory--and overall a little overrated but fine enough in a pizza pinch.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

So maybe 2 months ago I signed up for Costco and got the credit card

Good:
Hot dogs
Pizza insanely good and big for just $10
$120 executive membership but got $60 gift card and if I don’t get $60 in cash back on credit card in a year they give me the difference so it’s basically free first year
Gas super cheap
Staff really happy and friendly
Feel like a upper middle class person shopping there
Cookies, muffins, cakes and cheesecakes
Normandy and chicken breasts for lunch and dinner saves me money and is healthy and yummy

Bad:
Insane amount of mega ultra fat people everywhere
Sometimes can’t justify or finish eating huge stuff like massive peanut butter tubs or 4lbs of cherries in one go
Soda and some produce is more expensive there
Jim Sinegal retired so I doubt I’ll get to shake his hand
Only air conditioner they had was a $400 one

All in all, A+ choice for the gas price and rewards alone, rest is just bonus

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Bad:
Insane amount of mega ultra fat people everywhere

Compared to what, out of curiosity? Like have you been to a Walmart before?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Compared to what, out of curiosity? Like have you been to a Walmart before?

Safeway, Albertsons, local grocers

Yeah Safeway and Albertsons do have extremely obese people but Costco feels like it’s ~60% extremely mega ultra fat people, at least in my city’s store

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 28, 2019

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

This is a crime against proper cheese packaging. There is no way this cheese tastes good or like it is even supposed to. Also those are probably $4-6 pieces of cheese so you aren’t even saving much money compared to, say, picking out freshly cut cheeses that you like with a cheesemonger at Whole Foods. (Which is my job and I love it a lot and I WILL fight you about cheese.)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
yeah I like cheese but I've always passed that item mostly because of the packaging. It just feels wrong.

Also most cheese I buy at costco ends up getting thrown out because we don't eat it fast enough.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I will buy that cheese flight because I can’t be arsed to spend 20 minutes with a cheese mongrel picking things out. And it’s Costco so it is probably pretty good stuff.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Official business card title “CHEESE MONGO”

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Cheese is just ok. It not something to get excited about.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coredump posted:

What the gently caress

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I never leave Costco anymore without making sure I don't have a nice block of Dubliner cheese at home, though.

poo poo's crack.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

I never leave Costco anymore without making sure I don't have a nice block of Dubliner cheese at home, though.

poo poo's crack.

I still have almost half of one left. I've been having about 2 oz every night or two. That's a lot of cheese.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Coredump posted:

OK normally I feel like we should be a big tent church but we shouldn't let this sort of hate speech exist in our temple.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I still have almost half of one left. I've been having about 2 oz every night or two. That's a lot of cheese.

You need up step up your cheese game.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Moey posted:

You need up step up your cheese game.

Well I'm also working on the giant bag of cheese curds and that takes a while. I'm limiting myself to about 2oz portions now and that's not a lot of cheese to eat in one sitting. For me.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

appleskates posted:

This is a crime against proper cheese packaging. There is no way this cheese tastes good or like it is even supposed to. Also those are probably $4-6 pieces of cheese so you aren’t even saving much money compared to, say, picking out freshly cut cheeses that you like with a cheesemonger at Whole Foods. (Which is my job and I love it a lot and I WILL fight you about cheese.)

can you guys cut the cheese pieces smaller so i can try a new cheese for less than $15 thank you

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

appleskates posted:

What will the job prospects for a cheesemonger be like in five years when Jeff Bezos replaces you with a Alexa skill and a Echo dot at the cheese counter?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

uli2000 posted:

What will the job prospects for a cheesemonger be like in five years when Jeff Bezos replaces you with a Alexa skill and a Echo dot at the cheese counter?

Amazon warehouse

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What other kind of mongers are there other than

- cheese
- fish
- war
- whore

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

priznat posted:

- cheese
- fish
- war
- whore

Fear

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
The fontina with the spices is out-of-this-world amazing as a grilled cheese sandwich on sourdough

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

priznat posted:

- cheese
- fish
- war
- whore

Kill

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ooh ya, nice

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

uli2000 posted:

Robbing Amazon employees.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

How often does Costco rotate its inventory? I could have sworn they used to carry the exact brand of flea/tick and heartworm pills for our pup, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

priznat posted:

- cheese
- fish
- war
- whore

rear end

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Warbird posted:

How often does Costco rotate its inventory? I could have sworn they used to carry the exact brand of flea/tick and heartworm pills for our pup, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

Products disappear from stores fairly constantly. If you keep your eyes open you'll see lots of items with asterisks on the price tags which indicates they will not be restocked.

Not sure if this is helpful, but a quick search popped up these two pages. If you have an item number you can call a local warehouse and they can check if they stock it or if any other stores in the area stock it.
https://www.costco.com/pharmacy/pet-medications.html
https://www.costco.com/Heartgard-Plus.product.100143718.html

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Warbird posted:

My Costco always carries Frontline. If they don't have it on the floor, sometimes they keep it behind the pharmacy counter. Maybe ask the pharmacy people if they have it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

priznat posted:

- cheese
- fish
- war
- whore

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

can you guys cut the cheese pieces smaller so i can try a new cheese for less than $15 thank you

Our target cheese cost is $5-7 per chunk, so IDK what is up at your store. Also, you can literally try any cheese you want. It’s our job to get the cheese into your mouth. Also at my WF we have an “under $5” bin which we fill daily with an assortment of whatever we cut. Sounds like you maybe need a better run WF specialty department!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

DELETE CASCADE posted:

a few groceries around me do this, QFC if you've got those around, they're like a rebranded Kroger. You can get little cheeses for like 3 bucks and it's perfect to try them out

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My friend found a man enjoying the sanctuary today

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

My friend found a man enjoying the sanctuary today

That’s a very happy man.

Is he reading family circle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

He could be reading the obituaries. Everything is beautiful in the 'Co.