Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

We have a 9am start time

This was posted already and lol 9 AM start time for trades. He lucked into the easiest contract ever and still can't muster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

:10bux: he smokes a ton of weed. Not being able to wake up and sleeping through alarms sounds like me during my perma-stoned year in college.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Oh my god I looked through his comments and a lot of it is saying how Trump has been good his stocks and he has a 250k trust fund from his grandparents that he expects to be a few million in a few years.

I knew a guy like that (with a nice but not ‘I don’t have to work’ trust fund) and he blew through all of it in like 5 years.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Cyrano4747 posted:

:10bux: he smokes a ton of weed. Not being able to wake up and sleeping through alarms sounds like me during my perma-stoned year in college.

I never touched weed until my 20s and I still had trouble getting out of bed after gaming and reading the SA forums until 3AM every night. My older bro gave me a talk about it making him looking for bad getting me the job, and I was never late again.

That kid needs a boot firmly planted into his rectum.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
A few 7am wake ups via a bucket of water to the face should sort him out pretty quick.

Even if he doesn't keep the job they should keep doing that.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Oh my god I looked through his comments and a lot of it is saying how Trump has been good his stocks and he has a 250k trust fund from his grandparents that he expects to be a few million in a few years.

I knew a guy like that (with a nice but not ‘I don’t have to work’ trust fund) and he blew through all of it in like 5 years.

Yeah, that's the best BWM part

quote:

I got like $250 grand in a trust waiting for me from my grandparents when I turn 25. With interest it will be at least a few million in 7 years. I know people will poo poo on me but if I live in my means I won't have to ever work

quote:

It basically doubles every six months so by the time I can get it when I'm 25 conservatively it will be worth at least 4 million.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The rule is investments can double every 7 years. Did he get years and months mixed up?

That’s one heck of a mistake.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That is a great detail. He's got such a great interest rate it's the rule of 72 became 72 fortnights?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Trump is good for stocks in the same way that a dozen pixie stix and a redbull help keep you alert and focused.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

uvar posted:

Yeah, that's the best BWM part

Assuming a few million is 2 million and setting his time horizon as 7 years would require it to be gaining 35% per year...not very likely lol and of course doesn't take into account him drawing it down to live off of.

The sad thing is he could be set up for a super cushy life... 18 making 50k plus bennies...250k trust fund.... but of course he wants to piss it away doing literally nothing. I would put money on being a stoner too because that's just a lack of motivation.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Raldikuk posted:

I would put money on being a stoner too because that's just a lack of motivation.

I'd put money instead on it being a trigger-troll because no true shitbird would bother with a semi-articulate Reddit post explaining it.

It's almost custom engineered to attract "when I was YOUR age you LAZY gently caress" responses.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Raldikuk posted:

Assuming a few million is 2 million and setting his time horizon as 7 years would require it to be gaining 35% per year...not very likely lol and of course doesn't take into account him drawing it down to live off of.

The sad thing is he could be set up for a super cushy life... 18 making 50k plus bennies...250k trust fund.... but of course he wants to piss it away doing literally nothing. I would put money on being a stoner too because that's just a lack of motivation.

I would put my money on, "The kind of kid who has a $250,000 trust fund, and a dad who can throw him a $50k/year job his first week out of high school with no skills and no experience."

Edit: ^^ Obviously, it's also a troll.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

AITA (or would I be) if I quit the trade job my dad got for me because the boss is sort of abusive and I can't wake up in time for the start time (ever)?

As a former area resident I enjoyed the extremely Tucson-specific references they sprinkled throughout the post as if the rest of Reddit would be familiar with or a give a poo poo what they were talking about.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
I call it boomer-bait. Usually you see it manifest where Google and the rest of Silicon Valley have managed to monetize online attention but there's a lot of future outrage headline-writers practicing on Reddit, it seems.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dik Hz posted:

God I wish people still ate probations for self-posting in this thread.

?

That's how much (mid-range) window coverings cost for a home with a lot of windows, and I can't imagine $10k to furnish the largest and most important room of the house is terribly lavish

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Shut the gently caress up about your curtains, Chris.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
If you don’t nail Looney Tunes beach towels to your window frames to block out the light, you’re BWM.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Weatherman posted:

Shut the gently caress up about your curtains, Chris.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
OTOH, people don’t usually have their curtains stolen, so for Chris this might be GWM.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
My 70-year-old coworker seems to think it's insanely demanding to expect her to be at work in time for a 10 AM meeting once a week. Most weeks she calls in instead (which is supposed to be an extenuating-circumstances thing), and she's usually late for that, too. She's constantly griping about her 90-minute commute (which in my area is not especially remarkable).

Once I was telling her that she'd missed or been late for so many of these meetings that our boss was basically mocking her and she really, really needed to be at the next several meetings on time, and I recommended that she aim to be at work by 9:30 those days. She said, "I guess I'll have to wake up at 5 AM then!" I said, "I don't mean to pry, but if your commute is 90 minutes I'm not sure why you'd have to get up so early. Can't you just leave at 8 AM?" She said, "Well, sometimes it takes closer to two hours to get here." I left it there. But trust me, if she had other obligations like caring for dependents she would definitely have told us all about it, so I really don't know what her deal is.

This is BWM because it's one of many things that may eventually lead to her possibly getting fired.

Fastened Portal Bart
Dec 16, 2004
Tally ho!

If you don’t nail Looney Tunes beach towels to your window frames to block out the light, you’re BWM.

And pay for the licensing fees?! No thank you. Plain black towels for me

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
90 minute commutes are BWL.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t put up curtains and people looked into my room, broke my window, and stole my poo poo.

Pro tip, if you’re living in a HUD house you co-signed for at age 19 with a flakey vegetarian, next to a crack whore trailer and across from a drug dealer, put up some knock off Looney Toon curtains. Oh dear, I’ve humble bragging now. Some people were only renting their shithole and didn’t get to experience the miracle of home ownership at such an early age.

StormDrain posted:

I went from a 90 minute commute each way to 30 minutes. Holy loving poo poo lifestyle improvement. Good commutes are worth their weight in gold.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Krispy Wafer posted:

I didn’t put up curtains and people looked into my room, broke my window, and stole my poo poo.

Pro tip, if you’re living in a HUD house you co-signed for at age 19 with a flakey vegetarian, next to a crack whore trailer and across from a drug dealer, put up some knock off Looney Toon curtains. Oh dear, I’ve humble bragging now. Some people were only renting their shithole and didn’t get to experience the miracle of home ownership at such an early age.

I went from a 90 minute commute each way to 30 minutes. Holy loving poo poo lifestyle improvement. Good commutes are worth their weight in gold.

I get pissed if I hit more than two of the three stoplights on my way to work.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

n8r posted:

that’s pretty early to be drinking that heavily, don’t you think?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you arent my real dad

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

n8r posted:

I once drove all the way from my house to the interstate 5 miles away without once touching my brakes. I just downshifted and hit every green light. That’s 3 right turns, one left, and 7 lights. It remains to this day one of my greatest achievements. I’ll eat a sixer for bragging about my commute. It was worth it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

i'm willing to bet trumpies would post that poo poo and go "what a snowflake millenial lib" but then they lost their lovely clubhouse lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lmao curtains

The wallpaper of window coverings

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Not really understanding the exclusivity of this sale which is limited to new and existing customers, i.e everyone.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I won't punish people individually for the recent self posts, but I will pick a random subforum and send the thread there

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
do it do it do it

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Simpsons Reference posted:

I won't punish people individually for the recent self posts, but I will pick a random subforum and send the thread there

Ugh not again, at least not so soon.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i feel like TCC is more appropriate for this thread than BFC but i'm just a lowly shitposter so what do i know

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Have we been to DYI yet? Because DVI can be both GWM and BWM.

grooooverhaaaaaus

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This thread has extreme Big DIY Energy so it's a good fit

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Sock The Great posted:

Not really understanding the exclusivity of this sale which is limited to new and existing customers, i.e everyone.

100% of these types of posts are riddled with emojis and I hate them so much

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Krispy Wafer posted:

Have we been to DYI yet? Because DVI can be both GWM and BWM.

grooooverhaaaaaus

how much money do you save if you get your own license to inspect and pass a busted house? i mean short term because long term you probably gotta buy a new house.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

StormDrain posted:

It's a little fascistic but my company requires employees to live within 45 minutes as a measure to make people hate their lives a little less (and so they're less of a flight risk... It's definitely self interest)

For BWM content: a few years ago one of the newer guys on my team (server IT) was put on a Performance Improvement Plan because he hadn't been getting stuff done. He walked out of the job on spot. He had moved to the area a year earlier and had closed on a house two weeks earlier. Don't know what happened to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

n8r posted:

I get pissed when the dogs get in my way on the way to my home office.

In BWM news: just heard my cousin whose dad left her a trust is harassing my dad (executor of trust) to give her money to buy a pair of glasses for every day of the week. Also same story for a watch for every day of the week.

To be fair, she’s got some developmental disabilities so explaining this and talking her down can be a challenge but she can function well enough to hold a job.

She’s threatening to sue my dad if he doesn’t give in to her demands. Unfortunately my dad isn’t real sure he even gives a gently caress given she’s been harassing him on and off for five years about various BWM things.