Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

Creating space isn't hard. If you are looking to like just dump cap space getting nothing of value back (besides the space)

The Miami contacts are easy enough to jettison.
Wiggins is harder, but not impossible to move with an asset.

Creating space is easy if you don't mind attaching assets to it and the worst the contract the more you have to attach which. No one rents out cap space for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I will be so disgusted if Wiggins finds his way to the Kings, unless they attach KAT

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

honestly jimmy buckets is the exact type of weirdo competitive psychopath as pat riley, he'll be great in miami

Jimmy's gonna be like "I didn't come to Miami to be coached by Eric Spoelstra" and Riley will return to the sideline.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

gently caress it, bring on Richardson and Co. Honestly, if this is the transitive trade of RoCo, Saric and Bayless, it wouldn't be the worst thing. As much as Jimmy sold me on his greatness these past playoffs, I wasn't completely in love with the idea of him long term. Ultimately, the Sixers will go as far as Simmons and Embiid ability to improve and if we gain quality depth back, then so be it, that'll help the process in the long run.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade seems loathe to flex his cap space on taking bad contracts. Sometimes that's bad, sometimes that's good

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm going to hold out hope for a Jimmy return until there's no hope left.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I’m gonna guess the mystery Wiggins team is the Bulls or Knicks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhyteRyce posted:

Creating space is easy if you don't mind attaching assets to it and the worst the contract the more you have to attach which. No one rents out cap space for free

The Miami players and #assets are solid enough to not need picks attached or any serious return.

Wiggins, yeah fam gonna need to give me a couple of picks and an unprotected first.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

The Miami players and #assets are solid enough to not need picks attached or any serious return.

Is this a new development because I thought they still had a collection of some of the worst contracts in the league? I mean the end is probably finally in sight in a year or two, but right now I'm p.sure they've still got one asset and a bunch of overpaid players.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

NotWearingPants posted:

Is this a new development because I thought they still had a collection of some of the worst contracts in the league? I mean the end is probably finally in sight in a year or two, but right now I'm p.sure they've still got one asset and a bunch of overpaid players.

Sixers fans seem to think they're getting every good, appropriately paid player on Miami's roster

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

morestuff posted:

Suns seem like the obvious spot for Wiggins, right? They'll need to send him to a team with space, and they must have dumped TJ Warren for something

Wiggins could become a good player in the right situation imo, which is why he needs to stay as far away from the suns as possible

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I've lost the tweet now but I saw Rubio to the Pacers and that seems like a nice place for him to go and be able to do Ricky things

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don’t see how the Sixers could trade Butler for other salary and still be able to sign Horford (and Tobias)

Maybe Brooklyn will take the Wiggins bullet

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Algund Eenboom posted:

Wiggins could become a good player in the right situation imo, which is why he needs to stay as far away from the suns as possible

I mean who else? I could see Charlotte doing something dumb but the Wolves can't take salary back

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

My biggest under the radar reservation about Jimmy G is that he's already at a place where he's noticeably slacking on the regular season to "turn it on" in the playoffs or crunch time. That's fine in some contexts, but I'm thinking the Sixers will need to take the regular season somewhat seriously especially if Embiid does his limited schedule. The turn it on mindset is fine for the Warriors or Lebron Cavs, but for teams that haven't really proven anything yet, it can be detrimental.

If they had the #2 seed this past season, arguably they'd have a very good chance at being defending champs right now. I'm not hating the idea of good depth.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

T-Minus 3 hours to go

Good Job Elton

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

I don’t see how the Sixers could trade Butler for other salary and still be able to sign Horford (and Tobias)

Maybe Brooklyn will take the Wiggins bullet

Yeah I have no clue how this should work, but this is going to be a crazy next 24 hours.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

NotWearingPants posted:

There are a lot of solid players on less than 15m a year. Collectively it’s poo poo but there are good pieces, especially jrich.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

big time assets, baby

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145409029151363072?s=21

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The fairest thing to judge Elton by is whatever he ends up with. If the Sixers get Chris Paul and Horford or some poo poo, it'll be a disaster.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Algund Eenboom posted:

the situation would have to be another person inhabiting his body, making him not play like Andrew Wiggins; he's been actively regressing for multiple seasons now.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Fine with Rozier in Charlotte as long as it's around $10-12M a year or a shorter-term thing

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nachos posted:

There are a lot of solid players on less than 15m a year. Collectively it’s poo poo but there are good pieces, especially jrich.

Richardson is a solid deal and maybe Phoenix is cool with renting Dragic for a year. Winslow probably has an interested party or two and Bam is on a rookie deal. Whiteside, Johnson, and Olynk are probably hard passes

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Algund Eenboom posted:

Wiggins could become a good player in the right situation imo

This might be even more optimistic about Wiggins than Lockback.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Wiggins on the spurs. He’d transform.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please rename this thread "Big Time Assets"

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

soggybagel posted:

This, unironically.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Wiggins is one of the 10 worst veterans that play 20+ mpg in the NBA what are you guys smoking

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

soggybagel posted:

into a passable replacement for 33 year old rudy gay, i guess

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Have you guys watched Wiggins play? This optimism about him is really disconcerting. The right situation for him to ball out in is China.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1145411567925833730

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Dedmon would be a solid but deflating pick-up

Kings fans: talking ourselves into the third-best option for nearly 15 years.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1145411233010659329
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1145411844669988864

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

soggybagel posted:

yeah, into a great expiring contract in a few years.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Have you guys watched Wiggins play? This optimism about him is really disconcerting. The right situation for him to ball out in is China.

#1 picks will play for 10 years based on that alone, even bennett hung on through like 3 teams despite at no time looking like an NBA player

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

nachos posted:

Sorry, I forgot about Winslow and Adebayo.

And I don't want Waiters, but I guess he'd be worth taking if they got Richardson in the deal.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It pains me to say so, but Wiggins is at best a lowercase-a asset.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

https://twitter.com/_RichyJ_/status/1145406466171506689

EDIT: No idea if that's actually accurate but seems correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thank goodness thibs wouldn't give up wiggins in the butler trade