Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

To be fair Porzingis did ultimatum them into the trade. He was done in New York.

They should've tried harder to make it right with him. He asked for a trade and they traded him 20 mins later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/status/1145436263589273600

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

NotWearingPants posted:

Bodner on the Athletic is saying there's no way to do a Butler/Miami S&T without a third team because of salary restrictions.

Shouldn't be tough to find a third team. Lakers found one in the Davis trade to get cap space to make a run at Kawhi.

Alos, now that all these teams seem to have lots of cap space and no one to spend it on...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

james dolan sings the blues

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145437060519604224

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

iamsosmrt posted:

If we go back like 20 years, it's very possible their impending failure wouldn't even be in their top 10 of disastrous moves or developments.

I agree with this from a basketball perspective but the idea that a guy like KD would go to a joke franchise like the Nets over them pretty much only because their owner is such a clown isn't a good look.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Seriously tho relocate the Knicks to Seattle

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mcmagic posted:

There is no way KD is going to a second rate franchise like the Nets. They are about a billion times more second rate than the Clippers are.

The nets have actually been to the finals

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Knicks going to max out Cousins for sure now right?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

As a Sixers guy, I'm not feeling that bad about this. Though I may end up feeling much worse about everything in a few hours, depending on the Butler situation.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

absolutely dying at the celtics right now

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If Kawhi stays or goes to the Clippers then the next couple of years are going to have an insane number of teams with a legit shot at the title.

Other best-case scenarios for maximum intrigue:

-Jimmy Butler stays
-Kevin Love gets traded to one of the second-tier West franchises
-Chris Paul finds a way to reverse the aging process

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGE2jXLBAo

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

mcmagic posted:

I agree with this from a basketball perspective but the idea that a guy like KD would go to a joke franchise like the Nets over them pretty much only because their owner is such a clown isn't a good look.

Look inside your heart. You know the Knicks are the joke franchise in this equation.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

The Nets are/will be owned by the billionaire co-founder of Ali Baba. The commercial possibilities from that connection would be huge for these guys too

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

The nets have actually been to the finals

They were literally in the finals twice and not one person in this area cared in the slightest. They are the least relevant major pro sports team in the area.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Look inside your heart. You know the Knicks are the joke franchise in this equation.

They are a joke in different ways.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
this is funny to me

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Where is my clippers update woj

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I mean, chances are KD going to be pissed this got leaked instead of announced during his youtube and backs out.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Somewhere, Mikhail Prokhorov is doing flips on his jet ski.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
#knickstape

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Sixers are never making the finals

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Athanatos posted:

I mean, chances are KD going to be pissed this got leaked instead of announced during his youtube and backs out.

Nah he's spending all day with his head in the fart clouds.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The New York Knicks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lessail posted:

this is funny to me

James Dolan being publicly humiliated is always nice.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The SituAsian posted:

1/$50m coming up.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Brooklyn should take this opportunity to rebrand themselves to the Swamp Dragons and make KD rock the green and purple for the next 4 years

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Why are the Nets signing DeAndre? Is he just a cool guy to hang out with that Kyrie and KD wanted around?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Best off-season ever?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/status/1145438797544546306?s=20

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

xbilkis posted:

Why are the Nets signing DeAndre? Is he just a cool guy to hang out with that Kyrie and KD wanted around?

Him and KD are bff

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Nets a joke franchise because reasons and the Knicks are a premier franchise because reasons :raise:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/status/1145439032761081856

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Katana_Warrior posted:

Brooklyn should take this opportunity to rebrand themselves to the Swamp Dragons and make KD rock the green and purple for the next 4 years

Nah, they should be the Brooklyn IFERS and have their mascot be a giant Earth looking disc.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dinwiddie owns. He also always seems to torch the Sixers lol.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ok I like this deal more
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1145438636403388416

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I loving said KD would go to Brooklyn too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Amazing

Good for the Mets

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1145439911786532871

smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The SituAsian posted:

Let's help Chris Paul find a home