Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That wouldn't sway anything unless you have a clip on hand of alex jones saying it. They base everything they believe on youtube clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That wouldn't sway anything unless you have a clip on hand of alex jones saying it. They base everything they believe on youtube clips.

My dad literally believes a YouTube “doctor.” I forget his name, but who cares. He’s like, “Son, you need to stop taking omeprazole (honestly he ain’t wrong there), and quit drinking bottled water because of noroestrogens in the plastic, and also all bread at the supermarket has bromide in it instead of iodide so start making your own”

Sometimes I want to slap him back into sense, but he just won’t listen to me when I ask him if this “doctor” has a medical degree and/or license. All I can do is politely listen and softly interject at some points to ask questions that I hope challenge his thinking one day.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

He's not completely crazy with the other two either though. The plastics used to make bottled water are incredibly cheap and nearly every brand ever tested contains microplastic particles in the water, so you do end up drinking plastics.

Potassium bromate is banned throughout much of the world at this point outside the US. Even China banned it. If too much is added to the flour or the bread isn't cooked long enough or at the right temperature, you end up with much higher residual amounts. The FDA asked bakers to voluntarily stop using it, which is about as effective as you'd expect.

In terms of fake internet doctor conspiracies, these are pretty reasonable.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Enfys posted:

He's not completely crazy with the other two either though. The plastics used to make bottled water are incredibly cheap and nearly every brand ever tested contains microplastic particles in the water, so you do end up drinking plastics.

Considering the 'doctor' brought up noroestrogrens, he's probably more scared of drinkers becoming effeminate soyboy SJW cucks than any kind of actual health issue

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Danaru posted:

Considering the 'doctor' brought up noroestrogrens, he's probably more scared of drinkers becoming effeminate soyboy SJW cucks than any kind of actual health issue

This. It’s this.

ne: This is my dad bringing this poo poo up, which reasonable or not, he’s only parroting poo poo he heard from “experts”. He is a super smart guy, I don’t know why he gives so much credence to people who fail to prove their credentials. He always tells me “you can’t believe everything you read in the Internet.” And I laugh because lol.

He watches this “doctor” and parrots stuff to me, so the problem is that he takes it at face value and if he does research it, he gets confirmation bias and/or only researches with articles and studies that confirm what he wants to hear.

life is killing me has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Jun 29, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

life is killing me posted:

This. It’s this.

ne: This is my dad bringing this poo poo up, which reasonable or not, he’s only parroting poo poo he heard from “experts”. He is a super smart guy, I don’t know why he gives so much credence to people who fail to prove their credentials. He always tells me “you can’t believe everything you read in the Internet.” And I laugh because lol.

He watches this “doctor” and parrots stuff to me, so the problem is that he takes it at face value and if he does research it, he gets confirmation bias and/or only researches with articles and studies that confirm what he wants to hear.
It's funny, I support the end results of his request but not the logic of how he gets there.

If you can switch from plastic water bottles to a metal thermos you can reduce the amount of plastic going in landfills and oil used to make the bottles.

If you learn how to make your own bread you can eat very tasty fresh bread and there's a certain satisfaction in making your own staff of life.

I mean stop being a soyboy beta cuck and Man Up with these Internet Lessons.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Roosh V makes his own bread to prove he’s not a soyboy. It could work for you too!

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

It's funny, I support the end results of his request but not the logic of how he gets there.

If you can switch from plastic water bottles to a metal thermos you can reduce the amount of plastic going in landfills and oil used to make the bottles.

If you learn how to make your own bread you can eat very tasty fresh bread and there's a certain satisfaction in making your own staff of life.

I mean stop being a soyboy beta cuck and Man Up with these Internet Lessons.

All my water, I drink out of an RTIC cup, so there’s that. We don’t stock water bottles anymore, they fill up recycling pretty fast and take up tons of space in the other fridge so why do it?

Unfortunately my wife has left me for a baker 😖

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He probably has more dough than you do

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

He probably has more dough than you do

More like oldbakeless

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

life is killing me posted:

More like oldbakeless

Sigh. More like oldpaineless-less

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
vieil sans pain

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
More like Viejo pan menos.

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

But... it is Russian propaganda.

Oh wait that wasn't the poo poo that didn't happen :doh:

Hey bud - ur mentally ill. Take your meds

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gokuweed420 posted:

Hey bud - ur mentally ill. Take your meds

Oh OK maybe I'll ask the BBC and NBC and all the hundreds of other outlets who lead me to my delusion to pay for those meds.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

drat thats a strong baby

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My two year old has body image issues, this is heartwarming and not a horrifying indictment of my parenting

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

drat thats a strong baby

Wait until you realise they were actually in a hospital, and that baby picked up a 2000L body composition measurement tank and hurled it at a wall.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Danaru posted:

My two year old has body image issues, this is heartwarming and not a horrifying indictment of my parenting

I believe that a very young child could be sick of a parent’s body issues. The rest, no.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

bike tory posted:

Wait until you realise they were actually in a hospital, and that baby picked up a 2000L body composition measurement tank and hurled it at a wall.

And then put her hair into a ponytail but not really

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Antivehicular posted:

And didn't shower!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
foreverially DEXAscanned and loving it

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

And that child's name was Albert Einstein Clark Kent.

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

How is it that I can’t remember anything useful, but know exactly what you’re referring to?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

How is it that I can’t remember anything useful, but know exactly what you’re referring to?

I actually think memes and poo poo like this function at a more basic level of representation than the symbolic.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I know the feeling. I'll forget where I set my keys or phone down, but I'll easily remember poo poo like the water tank weighing, the childfree person who dressed up for a Harry Potter book release and was livid that a child got picked to open the box, or the polyamory guy who was asking for advice that his human wife was jealous of his horse wife.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Those things are interesting and novel though

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
..."Horse wife"? Someone please elaborate, I don't think I've heard this one.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Telemaze posted:

..."Horse wife"? Someone please elaborate, I don't think I've heard this one.

Pretty much guy was posting asking for advice on a polyamory board and it came out he was also on some bestiality forum and he had a human wife and a horse wife that ended up being hitting all the internet drama sites to where all you had to say was 'His wife, a horse" and people knew exactly who you were referring to. If I remember rightly some internet detectives at Fandom Wank sites were able to track down that he was working at a horse rescue and he might've been sexually abusing the horses. I think calls were made but I'm not 100% on that.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
Welp, I've been on the internet for a long long time but somehow I still didn't expect it to be a literal horse. I should know better by now.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Telemaze posted:

Welp, I've been on the internet for a long long time but somehow I still didn't expect it to be a literal horse. I should know better by now.

At the time, I was thinking some strange furry or otherkin thing until the reveal it was a horse. I do remember him posting the horse was pregnant and he was certain it was his.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, the only fact I've retained about that guy is that he was convinced he'd impregnated his horse-wife. I've always wondered if he expected a centaur baby.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Really makes me re-think riding crops

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports bra, so she enjoyed every minute of going underwater.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Pastry of the Year posted:

My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports bra, so she enjoyed every minute of going underwater.

It's the most accurate way to weight yourself after all. Although I'm sure the long flowing hair added a few pounds to it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The No Judgement Zone gets dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wait. Nobody clapped? He didn't end up marrying her after she becomes svelte?

Weak.