Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The Sopranos thread is a really stellar piece of work by forums poster Jerusalem. Episodes analysed in detail and civil discussion abounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Baseball, Zizek, Hentai and Twitter - Let's Play The Closer!

A screenshot Let's Play of a goon-made baseball-themed RPG Maker game that starts off crazy and goes off in utterly bizarre and wonderful directions. The thread title is surprisingly relevant.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ritznit posted:

The companion thread to the VANTASM! thread:

Post Pictures of Wonderful and Weird Books

A never-ending treasure trove of neat, strange and hilarious finds in the realm of the printed word. Good poo poo.
And here's the precursor to that: IN MEMORIUM: that guy who wrote the crazy jesus tracts died. It's a few years old by now, but it continues to be updated every now and then with the latest in insane Christian mini-comics. HAW HAW!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Dark Off posted:

Star Citizen thread recap All about star citizen with minimal amount of useless derail discussions ( here or here incase you want to comment on things)
Space and Spaceflight: all about space and rocket launches.

I like you Dark Off but gently caress off with star citizen garbage dude

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mega64 posted:

A screenshot Let's Play of a goon-made baseball-themed RPG Maker game that starts off crazy and goes off in utterly bizarre and wonderful directions. The thread title is surprisingly relevant.

Seconded.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

This might be too broad for this thread, but I really like lurking on the travel forum. I took my first couple trips out of the country in the last couple years and now doing more traveling is a huge part of what I think about all day.

What’s cool about the forum is that it’s mostly people who have already done stuff, drilling down into the extreme specifics of whatever place is up for discussion. You can hear all this really, really specific poo poo about places you’d never normally go if you never heard anyone talking about them, and if enough of them say a good thing about a place, you can notice that and add it to the to-do list.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mega64 posted:

Hahahha whoa this is great

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Burt Sexual posted:

Reminder this thread had like 3 rules of do and do not do in the op.

I was going to make a post that broke every rule in the op but then I realised that was too much effort, so I'm just going to tell you that I intended to do so, and hope you agree that it's the thought that counts

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Mega64 posted:

its really weird. its really fun. thanks for the recommendation!

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Mega64 posted:

I started reading this, and it is amazing.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The r/relationships mock thread is full of brilliant stories. It goes super fast and there's already a huge backlog so if you ever get sad and think you're a socially inept goon this thread will show you the bottom is so far below you

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spaced God posted:

The r/relationships mock thread is full of brilliant stories. It goes super fast and there's already a huge backlog so if you ever get sad and think you're a socially inept goon this thread will show you the bottom is so far below you

It’s also the number one generator of reports in gbs. Lol

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Burt Sexual posted:

This doesn't surprise me but it is pretty lol

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Pokemon Reborn: Like some sort of horrible abusive murderous depression Voltron

This one's a screenshot Let's Play as well (which recently finished), of a horrible yet wildly popular fan-made Pokemon game. Come for the game's :airquote: mature :airquote: plot, stay for the showtunes.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Copying all that follows from a thread I made a few months ago with a similar premise

Let's Import Vehicles From Japan For Fun and Profit

KakerMix posted:

My wife and I operate a JDM-import dealership here in Florida. Limerence Motor Company This post is a compilation of lots of things that we've figured out and learned as we've done this, and it's put down here to help anyone else that is interested in importing something themselves.

Cool thread, cool cars, other cultures, tons of photos

HERE'S ANOTHER!!

The Watches Megathread

This is my favorite thread on the forums. It's full of Nazis, rich people, poor people, and human waste, and lots of photos. Pretty ratchet. For some reason I was so amazed by this thread that I read every page, in 2018.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

thinking of pressing my speedy into a fresh dog turd for a pic, please vote y/n on wether I should do this. voting closes in 30 mins.

Rom Hack & Fan Translation Megathread: Playing with our NESticle since 1997

Bringing old games back to life with the magic of translation and hacks

The Energy Generation Megathread

Hobo Erotica posted:

This, as the name would suggest, is a thread for talking about how we power our lives.

It is different from the climate change thread, because while the two often overlap, they are in fact separate issues. About 50% of emissions globally come from power generation, sure, but that means 50% come from elsewhere. And energy generation has ramifications far beyond climate - Cancer from coal mines, oil spills, corruption of water tables, social equity, employment, depletion of natural resources, transport infrastructure, etc.

what if, middle earth, but with weed lmao

it's full of stars...

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 29, 2019

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WON'T GRADUATE UNLESS THEY SEE THIS VIDEO

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Checks out

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
Consider looking at the Comic Strip Thread in BSS. Cool/weird old newspaper comics to marvel or wince at, goofy/lame modern newspaper comics to poke fun at or hate-read, translated comic strips from places like Finland, Argentina and South Korea, and edits of all of the above. It's one of the longer-running series of SA megathreads, started in 2006 and currently on its 18th iteration, and there's so much in there you'll probably find something to appreciate.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
I've been enjoying this ranking of top 100 Superb Owl Era quarterbacks here in TFF. Mostly because they start with the poo poo QBs you always hoped to forget.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3891377&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post495712725

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 1, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Minus Green posted:

Pokemon Reborn: Like some sort of horrible abusive murderous depression Voltron

This one's a screenshot Let's Play as well (which recently finished), of a horrible yet wildly popular fan-made Pokemon game. Come for the game's :airquote: mature :airquote: plot, stay for the showtunes.

The "best" part is that the game is currently still in development and thus the LP will be updated whenever the final chapter of the game is released. The thread is already an incredible, wild ride but it's not even over yet. Now's the time to catch up for whenever the final update is out.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

defaultluser posted:

I've been enjoying this ranking of top 100 Superb Owl Era quarterbacks here in TFF. Mostly because they start with the poo poo QBs you always hoped to forget.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3891377&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post495712725

I really wish the SAS Wiki was still in existence somewhere. Some of those threads on the "Legendary Reads" page definitely deserve a spot in this thread. Here's a humble offering:

Super Bowl XLIX gameday thread, 0:26 remaining Q4 (ARCHIVES REQUIRED)

An absolute must-read if you enjoy reading the simultaneous meltdown of a couple hundred SA users. This linked thread begins with 30 seconds remaining in the final quarter of the 2014/15 NFL Super Bowl. The Seattle Seahawks have just run the fire drill against the New England Patriots and are poised to make the game-winning touchdown with a mere 2 yards to go. Jermaine Kearse, wide receiver for the Seahawks, just maintained possession of one of the most insane catches of the whole year to put them in position. And then on page 179, one of the most infamous moments in perhaps all of sports history unfolds....

(If you're really into it, start from page 172 to see the reactions to Kearse's catch before going back to 179.)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698374&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=179

barnold fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 1, 2019

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Mein Corvette ist Deutsch: Now with more Axis powers

Follow the journey as a young mechanical engineer repowers a 1969 Opel GT with a modern-ish Suzuki drivetrain. Includes bonus rally content.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Burt Sexual posted:

that's how good it is, yes. good and spicy

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I really wish the SAS Wiki was still in existence somewhere. Some of those threads on the "Legendary Reads" page definitely deserve a spot in this thread. Here's a humble offering:

Super Bowl XLIX gameday thread, 0:26 remaining Q4 (ARCHIVES REQUIRED)

An absolute must-read if you enjoy reading the simultaneous meltdown of a couple hundred SA users. This linked thread begins with 30 seconds remaining in the final quarter of the 2014/15 NFL Super Bowl. The Seattle Seahawks have just run the fire drill against the New England Patriots and are poised to make the game-winning touchdown with a mere 2 yards to go. Jermaine Kearse, wide receiver for the Seahawks, just maintained possession of one of the most insane catches of the whole year to put them in position. And then on page 179, one of the most infamous moments in perhaps all of sports history unfolds....

(If you're really into it, start from page 172 to see the reactions to Kearse's catch before going back to 179.)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698374&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=179

Thanks^ Knew nothing about this (stopped watching football when I quit bartending), can't believe they were that stupid, and who knew 12 hundred versions of "holy poo poo/lol" would be so funny? :haw:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dagen H posted:

Mein Corvette ist Deutsch: Now with more Axis powers

Follow the journey as a young mechanical engineer repowers a 1969 Opel GT with a modern-ish Suzuki drivetrain. Includes bonus rally content.

Cool. I remember this thread.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Cool. I remember this thread.

Friend, are you aware of Project Binky?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

All the project threads in AI are really fun. I think it's archived now, but my favorite was the one with the super old truck that some goon drove up to help with, set his jeep on fire, kicked a meth addiction, and then after like five years in this tiny town finally got the thing running

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dagen H posted:

Oh poo poo!!

There's gold in ai.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Spaced God posted:

All the project threads in AI are really fun. I think it's archived now, but my favorite was the one with the super old truck that some goon drove up to help with, set his jeep on fire, kicked a meth addiction, and then after like five years in this tiny town finally got the thing running

Oh, no. Here comes the rapist derail again.

Edit: Whoops, I thought I was in the PYF SA Saga thread and someone from an alternate dimension posted about 14 INCH DICK again.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Spaced God posted:

I Bought A Truck: Bad Decisions ITT

Requiem for a Jeep (Jeepage begins on pg. 22)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol I’ve read the first one before, but the second was great.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Oh poo poo!!

There's gold in ai.

Project Binky is the only channel I request notifications from - those guys are a riot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Linux Pirate posted:

Thos aliens, we be think about them.

Good thread where I've had a fun time being a terrible nerd and geeking out about the alien movies, comics, and games. I know liking things is frowned upon here at good ol' SA, but I've enjoyed it (can't say if you'd enjoy it if you don't give two shits about the alien movies though)

I'm going to have to agree here.

:ninja:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Linux Pirate posted:

Thos aliens, we be think about them.

Good thread where I've had a fun time being a terrible nerd and geeking out about the alien movies, comics, and games. I know liking things is frowned upon here at good ol' SA, but I've enjoyed it (can't say if you'd enjoy it if you don't give two shits about the alien movies though)

Someone should make a thinking about aliens (not the movie) thread so we can think about aliens. What would aliens look like? Why have we never seen any of them? Do they eat breakfast? If so, what do they eat for breakfast? Just things like that

Dagen H posted:

V good

Play fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 2, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Play posted:

Someone should make a thinking about aliens (not the movie) thread so we can think about aliens. What would aliens look like? Why have we never seen any of them? Do they eat breakfast? If so, what do they eat for breakfast? Just things like that

V good

There was one actually. I'm not sure where it is but it could be a few pages back if you want to bring it back up.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I don't know how 'hot' a read it is but I really like The Religion/Liturgigoon thread. Good diversity of posters and opinions, love of silly hats and no one is going to beat you over the head with a Bible.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pershing posted:

I don't know how 'hot' a read it is but I really like The Religion/Liturgigoon thread. Good diversity of posters and opinions, love of silly hats and no one is going to beat you over the head with a Bible.

Seconded that this is an extremely good thread and that Martin Luther had the soul of a poster 500 years too early

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

shame on an IGA posted:

Seconded that this is an extremely good thread and that Martin Luther had the soul of a poster 500 years too early

Martin Luther nailing his theses on Lowtax's forehead.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Lots of discussion was had about adding a What’s Hot (Tm) feature to SA. In the interim we offer this thread.

Post threads here that you think are cool, good, interesting, and/or funny. These can be within GBS, but really the point is to be across our entire forums.

What do I need to do?
* post a link to the thread
* give a short synopsis of the content (no dissertation required, thanks)
* why it’s cool

What not to do?
* no dumping on suggestions (probation highly likely)
* besides “whoa that’s a good thread” type comments, take the discussion to that thread as they will appreciate it more
* threads must be on SA
* don’t post about closed/gassed threads lol
* take Complaints about the forums and features to qqcs

TOS
* this random rule list may be updated at anytime in the future and by posting itt you expressly accept the opportunity to be unjustly probated for any reason by Burt or any other SA administration

remember that time that you said your kid was a cheerleader?
How is she doing?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I love you