Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CelticPredator posted:

This is why I love Invader Zim so much. Everyone hates each other and the world is poo poo.

Don't google "ZADR"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes I know. I know.

God do I know.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

CelticPredator posted:

This is why I love Invader Zim so much. Everyone hates each other and the world is poo poo.

Like that stops fans from engaging in shipping

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Yes I know/
Oh god do I know/
I know all the time/
In this dead gay forum/

AND HE POSTS/
Oh god do I post/
I post everything I know/
NYAAH
About my DibZim Yaoiiiii/

And I say G-

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cut to Das Boo drawing some backgrounds elsewhere

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope they kill off all the main characters in the first 10 minutes and the rest of it is just Bloaty sitting on a couch.

Ship that, fan boys.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

I hope they kill off all the main characters in the first 10 minutes and the rest of it is just Bloaty sitting on a couch.

Ship that, fan boys.

The Invader Zim threads over on /co/ like to ship him with Sizz-Lorr, so enjoy having that image in your head

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Which is unfortunate since the concept of Grunkle Stan and the kids driving around sabotaging other tourist traps was great, they just needed some other idea to pair it with.

Agreed, and it even had a good emotional core to it since it was one of the few episodes where Dipper and Grunkle Stan bonded together. Grunkle Stan relating to Dipper and saying how he's never managed to make a relationship work while Dipper jokes that that makes them both losers was a sweet moment.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

The Invader Zim threads over on /co/ like to ship him with Sizz-Lorr, so enjoy having that image in your head

Is this what it feels like to be old?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

I tried to go back and watch it and could barely make it through one episode. Show is not particularly good. 17yo me thought it was the poo poo. Now I just think it’s poo poo.

The last half was a significant improvement over the first if I'm remembering correctly. It took them a while to find their voice and realize that they really needed to tone down the anime faces. It's definitely a series that hasn't aged particularly well though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Teen Titans was weird, especially since it couldn't acknowledge the rest of the DCU and had to dip into some obscure stuff to fill out its extended cast. I even forgot Robin was meant to be Batman's former sidekick.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ah ha, good man. I stand corrected.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

drrockso20 posted:

:irkenstare:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

drrockso20 posted:

Why not Eric the blob thing.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Watching Costume Quest on Amazon based on someone mentioning it and it's a delight. I'm wondering what algorithms I need to type in to find new cartoons on Amazon, because I don't think I would have found the series otherwise.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

TV Zombie posted:

Watching Costume Quest on Amazon based on someone mentioning it and it's a delight. I'm wondering what algorithms I need to type in to find new cartoons on Amazon, because I don't think I would have found the series otherwise.

Recommendation algorithms are proof that AI is our enemy and can't be trusted.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Teen Titans still has the best version of Slade there ever will be, never calling him loving "Deathstroke" helps a million.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Funky Valentine posted:

Teen Titans still has the best version of Slade there ever will be, never calling him loving "Deathstroke" helps a million.

I appreciated the friendship building between Raven, Beastboy, Starfire and Cyborg. They became really good friends through poo poo like Evermore and the episode where Raven and Starfire switched bodies. Robin started to feel kind of like a fifth wheel at that point. I also liked the idea that Raven plays at enjoying isolation/being a loner, but really does need people, hence the dragon easily manipulating her in that one episode and her complete breakdown in the future where Starfire got lost in time for 20 years.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ariza posted:

Is this what it feels like to be old?

Hard to say myself, but then I'll fully admit to regularly engaging in shipping with cartoons, I'm just a sucker for schmaltz(heck if I had any talent in writing I'd make fanfiction and similarly if I had any artistic talent I'd make fanart)

They engage in all sorts of weird shipping over there, like shipping Professor Membrane with a character that only appeared in a flashback in one of the unmade episodes

And that's just sticking with Invader Zim, things get weirder when we go to other series(not to mention the rabbit hole that is crossover shipping)

CelticPredator posted:

Why not Eric the blob thing.

It ties into the fact that the most popular IZ ship over on /co/ is Zim/Gaz by a country mile, discussion often thus leads to both Zim's old job(and boss) and Gaz's favorite restaurant(and it's mascot), and one day someone suggested the two should meet probably as a joke but they quickly latched onto it as something semi-serious

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Sometimes I miss my trips to /co/.

Today is not one of those days.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pakled posted:

Don't google "ZADR"

oh god

why the gently caress does DA's new web 3.0 style look like such poo poo. It wasn't like this a few weeks(months?) ago.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

oh god

why the gently caress does DA's new web 3.0 style look like such poo poo. It wasn't like this a few weeks(months?) ago.

Yeah it's horrid compared to the old version, their mobile site is still the same though

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ship Old Kid and Pig Boy.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Scooby Doo and Guess Who just released its first episode, and I think it's really fun! Just some good-natured cartoon humor, a few self aware jokes sprinkled over 20 minutes, and a dumb mystery. Nothing out of this world like Mystery Inc, but fun enough.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Someone said it before but Victor and Valentino would be better if Victor wasn't such a little poo poo.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

stratofarius posted:

Scooby Doo and Guess Who just released its first episode, and I think it's really fun! Just some good-natured cartoon humor, a few self aware jokes sprinkled over 20 minutes, and a dumb mystery. Nothing out of this world like Mystery Inc, but fun enough.

I really liked it but there's tons of Phil LaMarr, Grey Griffin, and Kate Micucci in basically every background character. This is probably how they're affording all of the guest stars so that's fine.

I loving LOVE the theme song.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/RayTheBandicoot/status/1145328653976461316

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Someone said it before but Victor and Valentino would be better if Victor wasn't such a little poo poo.

Reminds me of Foster's and Bloo

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

holy poo poo I remember watching that video so many times- good to know Parker kept on animating

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm now remembering its been ages since I've even heard of Brentalfloss. Is he still, like, a thing?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Reminds me of Foster's and Bloo

Christ this is depressingly accurate.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The Bee posted:

I'm now remembering its been ages since I've even heard of Brentalfloss. Is he still, like, a thing?

His YouTube's been dead for six months and he's active on Twitter kind of doing nothing. He seems ashamed of the Brentalfloss stuff.

So...not...really relevant anymore, I guess?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Am I the only one who thinks calling a cartoon character "Mao Mao" is problematic and/or propagandist?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Beachcomber posted:

Am I the only one who thinks calling a cartoon character "Mao Mao" is problematic and/or propagandist?

it's the chinese word for cat

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThermoPhysical posted:

His YouTube's been dead for six months and he's active on Twitter kind of doing nothing. He seems ashamed of the Brentalfloss stuff.

So...not...really relevant anymore, I guess?

He's got a couple podcasts he's hosting, but that seems to be about it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

it's the chinese word for cat

The plague of sparrows campaign suddenly makes sense.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

I Love You Chairman Mao!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You're gonna run into that sort of thing with a guy known for a short single-syllable name. I wonder if Russia has that sort of thing with Stalin, since he just took the Russian word for steel as his last name.

It's a bit of a lucky thing that Hitler was just a pretty obscure name from the start, so there's not much confusion there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's a bit of a lucky thing that Hitler was just a pretty obscure name from the start, so there's not much confusion there.

Still awkward for Germans wanting to talk about Their Struggles

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

SlothfulCobra posted:

You're gonna run into that sort of thing with a guy known for a short single-syllable name. I wonder if Russia has that sort of thing with Stalin, since he just took the Russian word for steel as his last name.

Yes, but Adolf is fairly common, right?

Wouldn't mind getting killed by a guy named Joe Steel, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Waffleman_ posted:

He's got a couple podcasts he's hosting, but that seems to be about it.

I thought he was doing a Star Trek musical as well.