Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

And this is something people enjoy?

well of course it's lamer out of context, you need to give it until about the 5th major story arc until everything really clicks into place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

sure, people of a certain...spectrum

Come on, let's not take our fun in this direction.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

well of course it's lamer out of context, you need to give it until about the 5th major story arc until everything really clicks into place
What's the story context that makes that funnier?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the story context that makes that funnier?

I'm going to spoil everyone's fun here. The comic is actually Megg Mogg and Owl.

example:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nurge posted:

I'm going to spoil everyone's fun here. The comic is actually Megg Mogg and Owl.

example:

Thank you, this actually does make the other comic funnier.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nurge posted:

example:

:argh:

well at least it saves me from writing the rest of this post where I try to come up with a justification for why it's funny that's somehow even less funny and sends FAU and Danaru down a mental spiral of "how do so many nerds care enough about this to argue about it for pages every time it comes up?"

e: I have to point out that there was no communication or coordination between us, as far as I can tell three of us independently and simultaneously posted "It's Massively Multiplayer & Online!"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

:argh:

well at least it saves me from writing the rest of this post where I try to come up with a justification for why it's funny that's somehow even less funny and sends FAU and Danaru down a mental spiral of "how do so many nerds care enough about this to argue about it for pages every time it comes up?"

e: I have to point out that there was no communication or coordination between us, as far as I can tell three of us independently and simultaneously posted "It's Massively Multiplayer & Online!"
I could show you around 200 early 2000s webcomics that would not only look and read exactly like the one linked, but good odds at least one will be called Massively Multiplayer and Online.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Keep in mind, I think the main issue with MMO was that, when people posted it, it was entire depressing story arcs that would flood an entire goddamn page.

So it was an incredible volume of jizz and poo poo stained potheads discussing how they're being pieces of poo poo in the crustpunk scene in Portland, with maybe an actual funny comic in the middle.

I don't find it funny, that's an opinion. It's enthralling to the right people, I suppose?

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
People in this thread talking about MM&O:

Me after reading all these weird takes on MM&O people have in this thread:

Captain Jesus has a new favorite as of 06:08 on Jul 2, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Memento of comics

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
MM&O is just miserable people doing miserable poo poo and being absolute shits to each other. I can't find any enjoyment in it.

Incidentally, my son has just started watching the cartoon Hanselmann ripped the characters from.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I was legitimately unaware MMO was supposed to be funny.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i thought the humor of mm&o was the nostalgia of the worst loving people in your life

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

And it was loving magical.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Tiberius Christ posted:

i thought the humor of mm&o was the nostalgia of the worst loving people in your life
i mean, if you have people like that who were in your life, would you remember them fondly?

ha ha remember that one time one of them drunkenly stumbled into your room and tried to piss on you while you were sleeping because they conveniently forgot where the restroom was

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sestze posted:

i mean, if you have people like that who were in your life, would you remember them fondly?

ha ha remember that one time one of them drunkenly stumbled into your room and tried to piss on you while you were sleeping because they conveniently forgot where the restroom was

Confirmed, everyone who hates MM&O is the wuss who fell asleep early at the party and got pissed on

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Ha ha! Joke's on you, I never got invited to parties. :smuggo:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Sestze posted:

Keep in mind, I think the main issue with MMO was that, when people posted it, it was entire depressing story arcs that would flood an entire goddamn page.

So it was an incredible volume of jizz and poo poo stained potheads discussing how they're being pieces of poo poo in the crustpunk scene in Portland, with maybe an actual funny comic in the middle.

I don't find it funny, that's an opinion. It's enthralling to the right people, I suppose?

WRONG

It was about the crustpunk scene in Australia.

Otherwise lol carry on

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

umalt posted:

Ha ha! Joke's on you, I never got invited to parties. :smuggo:

You should learn from Werewolf Johns and hang out with people almost as broken as you.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Nah, you get way more fun parties if they're a little more broken than you, and it's not at your place.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

WWJ eventually killed himself, if you want more broken people you start getting into serial killer territory.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

And this is something people enjoy?

TFFFB and it is spin-off FFC? Yeah, it used to be pretty big in the eighties.

E: WWH was much better, though.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Jul 2, 2019

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Crane Fist posted:

Confirmed, everyone who hates MM&O is the wuss who fell asleep early at the party and got pissed on

...or they never went to parties where people pissed on each other, and the fact that some people find these events and characters relatable is just profoundly sad.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Mr. Sunshine posted:

...or they never went to parties where people pissed on each other, and the fact that some people find these events and characters relatable is just profoundly sad.

It’s profoundly sad that some people never went to these parties.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What even is a party if it doesn't have rows of men and women showering eachother with streams of hot glistening piss

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

What even is a party if it doesn't have rows of men and women showering eachother with streams of hot glistening piss

Uhh... a third party?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Collapsing Farts posted:

You can have a party without pissing, you know. A lemon party, for example.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Paladinus posted:

You can have a party without pissing, you know.

So what, I'm supposed to just HOLD IT the whole time?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Paladinus posted:

You can have a party without pissing, you know.

Hard pass.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Slimy Hog posted:

Hard piss.

Fixed it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'll take a pass on the hard lemonade hard-piss party as I'm pissed about things.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

By popular demand posted:

I'll take a pass on the hard lemonade hard-piss party as I'm pissed about things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-bvHlb2Fe8

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

sure, people of a certain...spectrum

lol

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
ITT we're a bunch of nerds pretending we lived a Buchowski novel before we surrendered to the siren song of IT middle management.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ban MMO so I can go back to forgetting it exists like on the other 300+ pages of thos thread.

Also the absolute garbage chat that always pops up with it.

Edit: Content

Paint Crop Pro has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Jul 2, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Clitch posted:

ITT we're a bunch of nerds pretending we lived a Buchowski novel before we surrendered to the siren song of IT middle management.

Clitch posted:

Buchowski

Clitch posted:

Buchowski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
it's SPELLED "bukkake." you baka. you absolute gaijin.