Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RevolverDivider posted:

The first half of KLK is pretty decent if you can get past the designs but the second half jumps off a loving cliff into oblivion.

Yeah it was a super dope show until the halfway point and then it literally just became the absolute worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

KLK at least gave us Mako Mankanshoku, some cool action sequences, and a bunch of good character music themes (even if several of them got run into the ground by the end).

Most of what it did well had already been done better by TTGL though, and going full :chloe: with Ragyo didn't help.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Thundarr posted:

KLK at least gave us Mako Mankanshoku, some cool action sequences, and a bunch of good character music themes (even if several of them got run into the ground by the end)

Most of what it did well had already been done better by TTGL though, and going full :chloe: with Ragyo didn't help.

sounds like someone lost their way

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Aggretsuko Christmas special on Dec 20th

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
So Netflix's Saint Seiya is one more retelling of the Sanctuary saga, only this time it looks a boring rethread. Wasn't there even a recent all female remake of Saint Seiya?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Santia Sho started this week, it's on CR.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

You can do quality 3D, and this has Kamiyama involved, so that's enough to keep me hopeful.

Is this a spiritual successor or a direct successor to SAC, since it retains the name?

E: lame, still at least a year off

I have my fingers crossed for alternate universe #5.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ViggyNash posted:

I have my fingers crossed for alternate universe #5.

Well, it is called Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
not that it's particularly worth watching but does netflix really only have 3 of the 5 GITS:Arise episodes?

e:apparently funimation never actually localized episode 5. bizarre

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 19, 2018

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just binged Violet Evergarden over the last two days. That show is :unsmith: made in motion. But goddamn, that playwright's episode punch me in the gut.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Kinda want a live action Cobra by netflix now.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Kinda want a live action Cobra by netflix now.

Let's let them ruin one franchise at a time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the live action cobra movie already died, same as whatever seems to be the case with the ova that got teased

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So, Baki was surely something. Weird that it starts off in what seems to be the middle of the series, but from what I've heard is that if they started from the beginning it would be another JoJos situation.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah it was a super dope show until the halfway point and then it literally just became the absolute worst

I feel that the first half of the show is one of the best anime ever. Then midway it becomes trash, before getting pretty good again at the end.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Agretsuko season 2 drops tomorrow bump

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Macksy posted:

Agretsuko season 2 drops tomorrow bump

OMG!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's good so far.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Wake me up when yoko kanno gets announced for it(prolly not tho, the job will go to some lame techno artist like has been usual for the franchise for years, and so, i slep)

Need that aggretsuko fix today.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
binged all of aggretsuko season 2 yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. the first episode felt way too real to me

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Desperate Character posted:

binged all of aggretsuko season 2 yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. the first episode felt way too real to me

I'm in the middle of it and it is pissing me off since Retsuko and her friends are such wimps toward Araki.

EDIT - I do find it amusing how the show downplay's power harassment with that arc. (so far at least). Sure Araki seems like a villain but Retsuko should have absolutely done the same with her boss.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 15, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Netflix Genesis Evangelion: You Can (Not) Stream drops this Friday so brace yourself for BEST DUB EVER WORST DUBACTORS NOT MY EVA dramastorm + a majillion "TRUE meaning of EVA" ytubs.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm in the middle of it and it is pissing me off since Retsuko and her friends are such wimps toward Araki.

EDIT - I do find it amusing how the show downplay's power harassment with that arc. (so far at least). Sure Araki seems like a villain but Retsuko should have absolutely done the same with her boss.

I binged S2 last night, and, yeah, Anai had entirely too much power, for too long. His redemption, such as it was, wasn't enough. I was really hoping Retsuko would step up and get through to him. At least Kabae got some development from it.
I knew Retsuko's relationship wouldn't last (I think it's predestined to be Haida), but I'm glad the way it ended how it did. I was worried he would have turned out to be more of a villain. And it ended with character growth!

Unlike last season, I flipped back and forth to the English dub a few times, and was pretty disappointed by what I heard.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
season 2's politics towards workplace abuse are more than a little troubling

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

season 2's politics towards workplace abuse are more than a little troubling

Pasting my post from CSPAM:

punk rebel ecks posted:

I just finished season 2 of Aggretsuko and holy poo poo is the series reactionary as gently caress, even by anime standards.

The season literally revolved around how the protagonist wants to do absolutely nothing in life but work her lovely job where she gets abused and be home to be barefoot and pregnant.

Also, workers who report workplace abuse are just snowflake manchildren who are too afraid to grow up.

The show literally has entire monologues developed to the two points reciting what I said word for word.

The season also features Andrew Yang.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
tadano is right and retsuko's job is done by computers already in normal countries

agreed on anai

i dont think promoting marriage and childbirth in a dying country is wrong per se, but it's a multifaceted issue

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone else watch Sirius the Jaeger? It's not a bad watch for a single-cour show of a werewolf fighting Vampires in the 1910's.

Also I just liked the hilariously Super-Gothic Vampire designs :allears:.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Is there an Aggretsuko thread?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is there an Aggretsuko thread?

This is it unless you want to make your own.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is it unless you want to make your own.

Thanks. I might do that :)

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Saw Kakegurui pop up on my Netflix recs. Remembered crazy face memes when it was first being aired.

I'm on episode 8, and I still have no idea what to think about it. The OP is a banger though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AlternateNu posted:

Saw Kakegurui pop up on my Netflix recs. Remembered crazy face memes when it was first being aired.

I'm on episode 8, and I still have no idea what to think about it. The OP is a banger though.

It's sex.

The whole high school is based around sex, risky sex, fetish sex. It's sex as all gently caress

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Kakegurui is thirst.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I really dug Angel Beats! thanks to the interesting setting and impressive ability to land both comedy and emotional beats. The songs are great too.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is really clever. I went in blind and got way more than I expected.

In a very different vein, I'm looking forward to Kakegurui XX next. :getin:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Kakegurui is thirst.

I just got to the Amazing Grace bit. Holy gently caress. :v:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has Kakegurui already been released in Japan and is now coming to other regions by Netflix?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TV Zombie posted:

Has Kakegurui already been released in Japan and is now coming to other regions by Netflix?
Both seasons of Kakegurui streamed in Netflix Japan as it was coming out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/jason_wilson/status/1146116858606575616?s=19

Someone get hired and make them do weekly releases

tia

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That person should "edit" out the dubs and replace them with subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Make them release the Baki and kengan anime simultaneously and hire a good studio to do it