Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I usually think of it as a given with a lot of trailers, but I feel that I should probably stress an EPILEPSY WARNING with this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2dEsLO-sQ

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Excision was an absolute loving masterpiece, but every movie Richard Bates Jr. has made after that hasn't come close, Lucky McKee-style.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Alehkhs posted:

I usually think of it as a given with a lot of trailers, but I feel that I should probably stress an EPILEPSY WARNING with this one...

I genuinely appreciate it.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
The next Jumanji. I can't believe I didn't see the role reversals coming even after seeing who the grandpas were. Looks hilarious and fun, I'm in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DZ-7OdBWQ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let’s run that poo poo into the ground as I go watch it day 1 because it was fun as hell.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

not trolled not crying posted:

The next Jumanji. I can't believe I didn't see the role reversals coming even after seeing who the grandpas were. Looks hilarious and fun, I'm in.

Ha

Alex Wolff needs to gently caress off though seeing his face haunts me back to Hereditary and makes me very sad and sorry

Like how that actress on Belko Experiment burst into tears and had to leave the room everytime she saw David Dastmalchian because she couldn't get his role in Prisoners out of her head

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 1, 2019

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Rock playing Danny Devito, yeah okay, I'm in.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hopefully Jack Black's "black guy" voice won't be too offensive.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JazzFlight posted:

Hopefully Jack Black's "black guy" voice won't be too offensive.

Danny Glover had a fantastic white guy voice. I’m sure Jack Black will do just fine.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Seems like a clever way to bring back the same stars but still change the characters.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm 100% down to watch The Rock do a Danny Devito impression for 2 hours. Kevin Hart doing a Danny Glover impression ? Ehh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1145739532165189635?s=12

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know what this is, but if it doesn't have Radiohead's Knives Out as its theme, it will have failed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man, it's weird seeing the Hereditary kid in a family film.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Daniel Craigm Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, Chris Evans, Michael Shannon, Jamie Lee Curtis, christ that is a stacked cast, this should be wild

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I like that cast, RJ is so loving milquetoast tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He really isn’t tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

His episode of Breaking Bad is the best in the show, and Looper and Brick own a whole lot.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think both Looper and Brick are 'fine'

I'm not going to try and tear them down, but I also just don't feel much of anything for them.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Alehkhs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2dEsLO-sQ

I really want this to pull an American Psycho and make it all his own delusions.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

CelticPredator posted:

It owns. Patrick Wilson is awesome and isn’t a snobby piece of poo poo, and always brings his a-game

He was also great in the second season of Fargo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I mean, that's one way to remake Jacob's Ladder, I guess?

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Wasn't that movie supposed to come out like 3 years ago? What happened?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Those youtube comments. :whitewater:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

All youtube comments.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Teenage Fansub posted:

Man, it's weird seeing the Hereditary kid in a family film.

I know, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-1NchUqMA

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That is a fuckin' hell of a cast and looks really fun.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Daniel Craig running back his terrible Southern accent from Logan Lucky is hilarious

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hopefully it's better than the Orient Express remake.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I think both Looper and Brick are 'fine'

I'm not going to try and tear them down, but I also just don't feel much of anything for them.

I will. Looper is OK, but Brick was a mediocre Baby's First Noir Movie that got a lot of undeserved credit because Rian Johnson had the revolutionary idea of transplanting it to high school.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Nobody ever remembers Brothers Bloom.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Man, the desperation for wanting to seem hip and cool drips off of Rian Johnson films like barbecue sauce.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GrandpaPants posted:

I love that movie so much, but yeah, nobody I've ever talked to seems to have heard of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

I love that movie so much, but yeah, nobody I've ever talked to seems to have heard of it.

The hobby collection scene is so good.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

I live just outside LA and I still needed to drive 50 minutes to see the only showing of the movie nearby at around 10:00 pm. This was the week of release.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Here's the Knives Out trailer

https://youtu.be/xi-1NchUqMA

I don't get why it's trying to sound novel, but I'll watch it.

I'm also glad that people verified Brothers Bloom exists and I didn't just imagine the movie. RIP Adrian Brody's career, though.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 2, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It looks bad to mediocre.

It looks like RJ is in a position to ride comfy studio money for producer backburner projects that have good marketing resources and no tooth, because he himself has no tooth. He'll deliver a Product on time without bitching and everyone will get along and say they had the best time and yawn of the century.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hope the CSI: KFC line is supposed to be poo poo, like Evans spouts terrible jokes the whole movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't get why it's trying to sound novel, but I'll watch it.

are there any whodunnit movies in the past thirty years other than Clue?