Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

me to the Marianne Williamson fandom

I wasn't aware that Hickenlooper had four distinct phases and forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Agree with Matt 100% that it's extremely naive to think that you can fix capitalism with consciousness raising, but it's still more realistic than thinking someone like Biden, Harris, or Warren can fix it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1145751682602754049

For anyone wondering why you have to treat literally every single person of power and privilege with the exact same mentality, for they are all your foe in this world.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Talking Simpsons is bad, but Talking Simpsons with the Chapos guesting is actually very good. okay thanks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crane Fist posted:

Talking Simpsons is bad, but Talking Simpsons with the Chapos guesting is actually very good. okay thanks

Also Talking Simpsons is good

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
always great check out the patreon comments to see all their buttmad fans complain about Matt and Virgil

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

always great check out the patreon comments to see all their buttmad fans complain about Matt and Virgil

Quote them here

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PostNouveau posted:

Can confirm.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dr. Killjoy posted:

It's funny that when the show started everybody shipped FelixxVirgil, but now everybody does VirgilxMatt

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

I have a low tolerance for these dweebs, and I do not like their five minute adverts trying to convince me I should pay money to hear two grown men discuss Winnie the Pooh

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

PostNouveau posted:

prefect posted:

Can confirm.

Love seeing Goons succeed at passion projects. Bob's been making me laugh on the front page for years, for free, and it feels great to support their Patreon (& get those extra podcasts too)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Crane Fist posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I made the mistake of looking at David Brooks' mentions today and saw a guy say it was racist to make fun of him for marrying his young assistant because he looks middle eastern.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I remember someone in the Talking Simpsons thread here was aghast at Matt calling George Bush a bitch

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it'd be a better podcast if either of them had a broader knowledge of culture beyond 90s kids cartoons

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

OctoberCountry posted:

I remember someone in the Talking Simpsons thread here was aghast at Matt calling George Bush a bitch

thank you for reminding me that thread exists

from there I just learned Nina is in the Goon podcaster club, alongside Bob & Henry (& Matt Jay & Jack Allison from other threads)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it'd be a better podcast if either of them had a broader knowledge of culture beyond 90s kids cartoons

"write what you know," they said. "talk about what you're knowledgeable in," they said

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

One of those dudes sounds a lot like Virgil. I had a hard time separating their two voices.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Muppets On PCP posted:

get them on Ballin' Out Super to talk about a very recent cartoon

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Victory Position posted:

get them on Ballin' Out Super to talk about a very recent cartoon

Will's relapse into anime was a tragic time.

You see what happens when you absorb modern pop culture???

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I can’t handle their frequent interludes into Homer’s problematic behavior.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ron Jeremy posted:

One of those dudes sounds a lot like Virgil. I had a hard time separating their two voices.

Yeah that really messed with me a bit

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Felix’s outburst on the latest free episode was awesome. It made me go back and listen to the Grenfell Towers episode. What are people’s favorite Chapo freak outs?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

When Matt gets so red and mad at Megan McArdle his neighbors complain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
man I 100% agree with Felix freaking out there. The idea that these loving losers who have done literally nothing but write lovely articles have the raw balls required to say 'these filthy browns have never BUILT A BUSINESS like real americans' is infuriating.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

sexpig by night posted:

man I 100% agree with Felix freaking out there. The idea that these loving losers who have done literally nothing but write lovely articles have the raw balls required to say 'these filthy browns have never BUILT A BUSINESS like real americans' is infuriating.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/18-098_9b1e3790-0e0f-45e4-90da-9d516983b304.pdf posted:

Immigrant entrepreneurship is very important for America. Around 25% of U.S. Firms are founded by immigrants, and this share rises to above 40% in states like California and New York.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://twitter.com/inkboySP/status/1146176217491619841

Imagining the intro cutscene to MGS5:GZ except the patches have the rave reaper.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stringent posted:

Meanwhile, in the real world:

I mean, the problem is we shouldn't be tying 'entrepreneurship' to value at all, not to mention there's actually a lot of programs designed to funnel desperate people into 'entrepreneurship' that basically means taking all the risk and getting none of the reward for a company/investor. We shouldn't let the frame this argument at all by playing into it.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, the problem is we shouldn't be tying 'entrepreneurship' to value at all, not to mention there's actually a lot of programs designed to funnel desperate people into 'entrepreneurship' that basically means taking all the risk and getting none of the reward for a company/investor. We shouldn't let the frame this argument at all by playing into it.

I wasn't offering a value judgement, just mentioning that it's completely false factually.

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Saagonsa posted:

I mean yeah but there's a huge difference between throwing around gay and fag

how about : youre a gay fag

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Felix has convinced me: I'm now on Team Hickenlooper. :black101:

This does not surprise me:
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1146393168595677185

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 3, 2019

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I listened to the first post-election 2016 episode again on Monday, and its like the perfect primer for this latest one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Matt’s meltdowns are unmatched by any other Chapo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I listened to the first post-election 2016 episode again on Monday, and its like the perfect primer for this latest one.

I listened to the post-election Cum Town yesterday, and it was still excellent.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

get that OUT of my face posted:

me to the Marianne Williamson fandom

What is Communism if not an ideology of self-help?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Felix suddenly exploding in wrath reminded me of how cathartic that post-election episode was. Sometimes you just need an excited young man yelling angrily

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

sexpig by night posted:

I just can't get as angry at Dreher as I do at Brett Stephens. Dreher is a a loathsome person, but also a damaged lunatic living in a hell mostly of his own making, only listened to by fellow lunatics. Stephens is a climate denier and scion of incredible privilege, hired by the USA's Paper of Record in the name of "intellectual diversity."

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Felix’s outburst on the latest free episode was awesome. It made me go back and listen to the Grenfell Towers episode. What are people’s favorite Chapo freak outs?

The episode where they go through the POD SAVE AMERICA guy's book is filled with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

sexpig by night posted:

Also, immigrant entrepreneurship is basically a survival strategy in an employment market that discriminates against immigrants and is allowed to get away with it.