Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SatansOnion posted:

just means more for folks like me :grin:

in unrelated news, I ended up missing breakfast so, uh, you gonna finish that attack drone?

You always do this, SatansOnion! If you wanted an attack drone you should have ordered one. But go ahead, I don't want to argue about it. Just pick up some clusterbombs for dinner tonight, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i'd really rather you folks don't have a veganism derail 'cause it never turns out well despite the otherwise good derail regulation of this thread as of late thank u

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:yum:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Let's all make fun of something we can agree on, like terrible wedding dresses.

E that pink one is why you never agree to be a bridesmaid. I got stuck in a Disney wedding wearing an asymmetrical dark blue sequined dress once. loving never again.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Jul 3, 2019

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Siegward of Catarina approves! :darksouls:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I don't hate this one. It could be a better pink, but it's not even in the top 10 worst dresses I've seen online or in real life.

If I get married, I'm wearing what the gently caress I wear and there's better-than-even odds it'll've been laundered in the past 48 hours.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

I don't hate this one. It could be a better pink, but it's not even in the top 10 worst dresses I've seen online or in real life.
It seems to be made of Mylar. Great for an outdoor winter survivalist wedding, although the pink may be working against it there.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I can't stop thinking a balloon popped on her.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Scathach posted:

I can't stop thinking a balloon pooped on her.

Apparently I have a reading disorder.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

If I get married, I'm wearing what the gently caress I wear and there's better-than-even odds it'll've been laundered in the past 48 hours.

It looks like mylar.

I'm down with less formal and not buying a one time use garment, but not hot pink mylar.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dagen H posted:

Apparently I have a reading disorder.

It’s called a fetish

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tubgoat posted:

A prize, this one. Form an orderly queue.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I love meringue fairy princess!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

She's gonna drown that poor man.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scathach posted:

This style reminds me of the Cupcake Surprise dolls I had as a kid (the skirt folded inward, so the doll transformed to look like a cupcake)

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

Scathach posted:

Re: the middle picture: I always see these for sale at beach-y tourist traps but I never know what they are.

Lady Homunculus
May 22, 2017

That's a gypsy/traveler wedding, guaranteed.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

HelleSpud posted:

Re: the middle picture: I always see these for sale at beach-y tourist traps but I never know what they are.

I think they're dried sea urchins.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Scathach posted:

E that pink one is why you never agree to be a bridesmaid. I got stuck in a Disney wedding wearing an asymmetrical dark blue sequined dress once. loving never again.

i love these, please post more anytime

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

sassassin posted:

A prize, this one. Form an orderly queue.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Was looking for dry soup, found preppers.

They just had to shape their energy candy into bullets. And the loving tagline.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Jul 4, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Scathach posted:

They just had to shape their energy candy into bullets. And the loving tagline.
I mean, it writes itself, why would you not?

John Cadaver
Sep 16, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

It seems like this is not true

Vitamin B12 is only found in dairy (and meat?) so all vegan foods need to have vit B12 supplemented as it is an essential nutrient.

I don't know how they get the vit B12 to add it to vegan stuffs but that's to clarify the other posters original statement.

This is me repeating something I was told in a lecture at university probably >10 years ago now. Not going to google it for you.

E: Was catching up on the thread. didn't realise that this was from a page ago. Sorry to bring up this painful memory again.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Bacteria are protozoa? I don't quite remember. Otherwise, they're definitely neither plant nor fungi.

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

Lady Homunculus posted:

That's a gypsy/traveler wedding, guaranteed.

It's kind of sad because the culture is such that these girls spend years planning these insanely elaborate weddings at 16-17 years old and then spend the next 50 as housewives cleaning a trailer and popping out kids.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

What the gently caress is going on here

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

hungry for crepes n poo poo posted:

It's kind of sad because the culture is such that these girls spend years planning these insanely elaborate weddings at 16-17 years old and then spend the next 50 as housewives cleaning a trailer and popping out kids.

Don't worry, they'll probably only live for 30 more years at the rate things are going.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

CeramicPig posted:

They put the flag either in the waist of their pants or are clenching it between their buttcheeks.

Pretty simple imo.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

CeramicPig posted:

America

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Land of the free, home of the rear end flag.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

CeramicPig posted:

So 'Murrican she shits the Stars & Stripes

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

oldpainless posted:

I had no idea being vegan was seen as being on the same level as breatharianism. I just thought they were preachy.

There is still a huge problem with youtube vegans doing stupid poo poo like only drinking lemon water for a week or eating 30 bananas a day or gigantic bowls of raw spinach and nothing else, then after a year posting a long video how veganism wasn't working for them and their health is declining so they're going to go back to eating animal products. It's very recent that there has been a backlash against people like that but unfortunately they still have a lot of influence in the vegan community

Scathach posted:

So yeah I'd say thinking someone can survive without some kind of animal involvement is right up there with thinking someone can survive without calorie involvement

The b12 thing is false as pointed out by others but yeah it's literally impossible to completely eliminate the human and animal suffering in our consumption, the point is to take steps to reduce it. Vegetarianism is a big step, veganism is a bigger one.

baw has a new favorite as of 09:16 on Jul 4, 2019

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Scathach posted:

Can't forget the infamous Titanic wedding dress disaster. It's got a range of ugly and pictures are in the links.

http://cheap-bridesmaid-dress.blogspot.com/2008/04/titanic-wedding-disaster.html
http://1122012.blogspot.com/2012/05/wedding-dress-disaster-literally.html

In short, Groom's mother is a seamstress who offers to make the bridesmaid dresses for the wedding. Bride and Bride's mom having seen her work before agree to it. Bride later decides she wants the fancy blue gown Rose wore from the movie. It's satin with a chiffon overlay that's heavily beaded and sequined (and have to be hand done for the look), and they need these dresses for 4 Bridesmaids, a junior Bridesmaid and 2 flowergirls. Groom's mother has summer and fall to work on these dresses to the point she has to cancel other work to do them by herself. Of course the dresses don't turn out anything like expected and Bride's mom acts like this is a National Tragedy since everything surrounding the wedding was apparently planned around having a particular dress. They end up buying some close enough dresses off the rack and wedding goes along fine.

I remember at the time a lot of the commentary from the story people were taking the Bride's mom's side and I felt for the Groom's mom. Here she was offering to make the dresses, ends up with an elaborate dress design that making just one's going to be months of work even going from scaled down patterns and has to wing it best she can since when you read the Bride's mom's version and figure that's her presenting herself in her best light, would likely bring up even more drama if told the dress style's an unrealistic choice. Some of the Bride's mom's snide comments really didn't set well with me and she should've said something right off to have her daughter pick something else since she thought the dress style was a bit elaborate.

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

HelleSpud posted:

Same goes for the right picture.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Balloon pooping on him, RN!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

baw posted:

but unfortunately they still have a lot of influence in the vegan community
And here I was 20 minutes ago thinking about how no IRL vegan has ever been as awful as the ones we make up in our heads to sell media or hot dogs.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Balloon pooping on him, RN!

Ah, another balloon scat enthusiast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pushy vegans I’ve met in rl (2 come to mind) are just as insufferable as the handful of dudes who insist on eating 90% meat products with just a little processed carbs.