Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean you don’t seem to know much about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

BioEnchanted posted:

Wow this new doctor in season 2 is a real bitch to Data, like All the Time. Everyone hates on Wesley but I think he's alright, the character I hate right now is Dr Pulaski. Lt Yar at least had an interesting idea for a backstory even if not much was done with it in the long run.

Yar was cool. Pulaski was a poorly written riff off of McCoy, but she was always doomed to be the villain since her adversary is basically Space Spongebob Squarepants instead of Snooty Space Squidward.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The walls of the Federation star ships are made of "Tritanium" :3: That's adorable.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

mooooooooooooooooooooom, someone is mansplaining star trek slash to me :cry:

straight fragility

:onionkelly:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you don’t seem to know much about it

*reboot of Memento where a woman wakes up to a computer full of star trek Chrome bookmarks and vast folders of gay star trek art* hmm.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*looks at neck tattoo that reads "just wait until you dive into those .docs"* hmmmmmm.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
that's called appropriation pick

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Personally, I think it was a good show

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
pon farr my nog hole

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I've only ever seen one episode of Star Trek in my life. It was an episode of TNG where Wesley fell in love with this visiting dignitary lady, and the dignitary lady had a very overbearing guard watching her, and I think the guard ended up fighting with Worf? Then it turns out she can shapeshift into some kind of monster form. Wesley gets some relationship advice from Whoopi Goldberg. I don't remember how it ended, but it was, honestly, atrociously bad television. No clue what season it was.

Well, that's my Star Trek story.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just wanted to say that I liked Nagilum, the giant space face in the space hole. Sorry if I'm turning the thread into BioEnchanted's Star Trek Power Hour, but I've never seen the show before and keep finding a lot to talk about.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wil Wheaton went through all kinds of poo poo for doing a good job playing a bad character, people were telling him he should die at conventions when he was a teenager and poo poo

It's a Goddamn miracle he's as well adjusted as he is and not another Bonaduce

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pick posted:

pon farr my nog hole

lmao

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

purple death ray posted:

Wil Wheaton went through all kinds of poo poo for doing a good job playing a bad character, people were telling him he should die at conventions when he was a teenager and poo poo

Wesley was a god awful character, though. Yeah Wil Wheaton doesn't deserve poo poo for playing a lovely character but nobody liked Wesley Crusher.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Casey Finnigan posted:

I've only ever seen one episode of Star Trek in my life. It was an episode of TNG where Wesley fell in love with this visiting dignitary lady, and the dignitary lady had a very overbearing guard watching her, and I think the guard ended up fighting with Worf? Then it turns out she can shapeshift into some kind of monster form. Wesley gets some relationship advice from Whoopi Goldberg. I don't remember how it ended, but it was, honestly, atrociously bad television. No clue what season it was.

in the late 90s an edgy friend of mine printed off some kirk/spock fapfics he found online and we all read them aloud in the far back of the school's playground for about a week

that's my star trek story

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Wesley was a god awful character, though. Yeah Wil Wheaton doesn't deserve poo poo for playing a lovely character but nobody liked Wesley Crusher.

I liked Wesley when I was a kid, and after rewatching the series as an adult, I thought he was not too bad.

The main reason he gets a lot of hate is that during the first (or maybe second?) season, they wanted to do an episode focusing on him, and had three scripts in the works, with plans to develop one of them into a full episode. Then a writer's strike happened, and they just said "gently caress it" and ran all three unfinished scripts. The strike is also why they used the aforementioned Phase II scripts, afaik. After season 2, everything got better, including Wesley.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

BTW so far for all the bigging up of the Romulans I can't muster any energy to give a gently caress about them. The other antagonists had interesting aspects, these guys are just "Space Assholes" in a very generic way. It's like "Oh boo hoo you spend 48 years jerking yourselves off and now you're getting pissy because we're doing stuff? Maybe try doing something yourself idiots. You want that bit of space? Go get it! Then you'll have that bit and we can steer clear of you because literally no other species wants to play with you." They're like the Ganglion in Xenoblade Chronicles X, making humanity stronger by pissing off every other race in the universe and making them side with us just to get away from them.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Beachcomber posted:

The Great British Bake off was a beacon of universal love until the money men buried it forever.

But it didn't rise on the third day.
It's still fun though

I SAID IT'S STILL FUN

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hard counter posted:

in the late 90s an edgy friend of mine printed off some kirk/spock fapfics he found online and we all read them aloud in the far back of the school's playground for about a week

that's my star trek story

Congrats on your formative experience 🍆 🖖

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BioEnchanted posted:

BTW so far for all the bigging up of the Romulans I can't muster any energy to give a gently caress about them. The other antagonists had interesting aspects, these guys are just "Space Assholes" in a very generic way. It's like "Oh boo hoo you spend 48 years jerking yourselves off and now you're getting pissy because we're doing stuff? Maybe try doing something yourself idiots. You want that bit of space? Go get it! Then you'll have that bit and we can steer clear of you because literally no other species wants to play with you." They're like the Ganglion in Xenoblade Chronicles X, making humanity stronger by pissing off every other race in the universe and making them side with us just to get away from them.

There’s a very active Star Trek thread you can post this in, FYI.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BioEnchanted posted:

Just wanted to say that I liked Nagilum, the giant space face in the space hole. Sorry if I'm turning the thread into BioEnchanted's Star Trek Power Hour, but I've never seen the show before and keep finding a lot to talk about.

Quit TNG and go to dS9, the objectively best Star Trek

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

purple death ray posted:

He's pretty awful on his own and turned out to be covering for Chris Hardwick and tried to flip flop on it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mamkute posted:

Both the Bachelor and the Bachelorette have exclusively strait contestants to avoid them smooching each other instead of competing. It's possible that some of the background characters are gay, I haven't seen the whole show.

This is a while back but this is not true.

In Australia recently they have had a couple of bi girls on the Bachelor, with constant rumours that they are going to date/kiss each other. (I remember one of the recent runners up ended up dating a woman post show.)

Also there was the Thai version where the two finalists ended up rejecting the bloke and saying that they were going to date each other.

Now how much of this is an accident, and how much of it is by design, ("hey let's get some hot girls on that might kiss. Hehe, that'll be salacious and titilating and will drive ratings/controversy") I will let you decide.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DrBouvenstein posted:

Unless you do a Futurama and flip it:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Quit TNG and go to dS9, the objectively best Star Trek

More like oldwrongful

The Orville is the best Star Trek.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

More like oldwrongful

The Orville is the best Star Trek.

A show about Seth MacFarlane being smarmy about alien cumshots is a bold choice for the best anything.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

BioEnchanted posted:

This is a good opinion to have. Also, this dude sold the poo poo out of his death scene:

Edit: Check out useless Pulaski hanging out on the side while energy cloud monster melts this poor redshirt's brain.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

This is a good opinion to have. Also, this dude sold the poo poo out of his death scene:

Edit: Check out useless Pulaski hanging out on the side while energy cloud monster melts this poor redshirt's brain.

"Captain, I sense danger approaching. Replace Wesley with an expendable black guy."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

AceOfFlames posted:

"Captain, I sense danger approaching. Replace Wesley with an expendable black guy."

To be fair, Wesley's superbrain would have overwhelmed Nagilum

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'd love to see a Romulan defect properly to the federation side even in they didn't actually join, simply because dealing with Romulans even for one is really annoying and they were tired of it. In a conversation between two narcissists, neither of them will walk away happy. Just have them call out other Romulans just like "Have you ever spoken to another one of us? It's infuriating..."

Romulans share symptoms of Narcissistic (obsessed with their own worth, difficulty considering others, said to the prone to violent mood swings in their first appearence, either seeming really patient or getting terrifyingly hostile), Vulcans share symptoms of Borderline (because they have to be very careful about their emotions or they get kind of unstable).

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Jul 4, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

They really wanted Romulans to be a threat, but then they realized that dressing them in hotel quilts and Xtreem!!! shoulder pads made them look super lame.

They had the chance to make up for it in Enterprise, but alas...they went with a "Temporal Cold War" instead. :ughh:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bogus Adventure posted:

It strikes me that playing a redshirt has the potential to be the most fun single day at work I can imagine.All you've gotta do is to go ham on a death scene, this guy had to be loving it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

I'd love to see a Romulan defect properly to the federation side even in they didn't actually join, simply because dealing with Romulans even for one is really annoying and they were tired of it. In a conversation between two narcissists, neither of them will walk away happy. Just have them call out other Romulans just like "Have you ever spoken to another one of us? It's infuriating..."

Romulans share symptoms of Narcissistic (obsessed with their own worth, difficulty considering others, said to the prone to violent mood swings in their first appearence, either seeming really patient or getting terrifyingly hostile), Vulcans share symptoms of Borderline (because they have to be very careful about their emotions or they get kind of unstable).

There are rumors that in Star Trek: Picard there will be Romulans in Picard's crew since he is no longer part of Starfleet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Romulans get better, the 2 parter with Leonard Nimoy is solid trek. The Cardassians are the superior villains for sure

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I can tell from context that that's supposed to be Garak and Bashir, but it looks nothing like them.

BioEnchanted posted:

Wow this new doctor in season 2 is a real bitch to Data, like All the Time.
Pulaski is great and that was one of the things that made her great.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I've never watched Star Trek so I zoom through 3/4 of this thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

AceOfFlames posted:

There are rumors that in Star Trek: Picard there will be Romulans in Picard's crew since he is no longer part of Starfleet.

Should totally have a grumpy Romulan who's actually pretty nice once you get to know him but when provoked flips the gently caress out and wrecks poo poo like the Hulk.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Casey Finnigan posted:

Season 2. It's a pretty awful episode, but I liked how everyone's like omg this person is actually a changeling who can morph into a beast that can kill Worf, and Worf is just like lol that owns

Sir Lemming has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Jul 4, 2019

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Whoopi Goldberg is in more episodes of TNG than I ever expected. Which is to say, 'more than one'.

I'm surprised less that she was there, and more that I didn't know she was until I watched some episodes. 'Whoopi Goldberg was in Star Trek' feels like something someone would've told me before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Everyone was in star trek