Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Costner's robin hood was the only rendition of that story that was worth watching. Cartoon sucks, crowe version is boring and barely felt like a robin hood movie, and every other version seems to be direct to video trash. Men in tights is worth watching once I guess.

The Disney animated one is good if you are a horny furry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

spit on my clit posted:

i'd rather not have a character be reduced to "im gay" or just being a gay stereotype. show them with their husband or wife, or literally anything that would be natural and not just "I'm the gay character! Ok, bye!"

The TV show Southland did a pretty good job with the John Cooper character. He was a gay police officer who was neither closeted nor Out. Just a police officer who happened to be gay.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

i'd rather not have a character be reduced to "im gay" or just being a gay stereotype. show them with their husband or wife, or literally anything that would be natural and not just "I'm the gay character! Ok, bye!"

The show Clarence, on Cartoon Network, was good about this. It wasn't one of the main characters directly, but one of them has two moms, and I don't really recall a big deal ever being made of it. It was good about some other things, like showing some of the realities of being toward the poor side of things (there's an episode where Clarence's mom loses her coupons and has to start putting groceries back on the shelf), Clarence's mom and her boyfriend, Chad, living together and sharing a bed, Chad and Clarence having a healthy relationship, etc.

None of it was really the focus, unless I missed some Very Special Episodes, but was just treated as the way things were.

AngryRobotsInc has a new favorite as of 13:24 on Jul 3, 2019

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

doverhog posted:

Would you call Voldemort a Dark Lord? How about the Crimson King? That's like saying Satan has nothing to do with Melkor, or Sauron.

Voldemort and Sauron - Yes, but very different from each other, and not related directly, but rather through a trope that predates both, and even then only tangentially at most. One is a mythical God-like figure fitting an archaic archetype, and also to an extent more of a force of nature than a real character, the other is a thoroughly modern literary antagonist.

I don't know about Dark Tower.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Jul 3, 2019

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

The only thing more annoying that rabid Harry Potter fans are people who have to let you know just how much they don't care about Harry Potter.

That and the people who freak the gently caress out when people make (sure, often tired and dumb) comparisons between Harry Potter and something in the real world, as if people haven't been making literary comparisons for as long as there's been literature.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Read another book

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
People that complain about people that complain about sports team owners shoveling public money into their Scrooge McDuckian moneybin are worse than people who complain about people who like Harry Potter.

I liked Harry Potter when I was but a wee librul, but the series has not aged well, and the author hasn't helped.

Warner Brothers should hire Brad Neely to WPDR the rest of the movies, instead of serving him a C&D.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The reason why there's so much hate for Harry Potter - real world comparisons is that they are usually loving stupid and are what people go for when they feel the need to chime into an discussion, but don't care enough to come up with something that isn't completely obvious and vapid. It's the same as the Godwin's law.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Jul 3, 2019

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You people are thinking too deeply into this, nobody hates Harry Potter or the fact that people make literary allusions, they hate the people who enjoy Harry Potter.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aramek posted:

You people are thinking too deeply into this, nobody hates Harry Potter or the fact that people make literary allusions, they hate the people who enjoy Harry Potter.

no, i hate all of those. the only one i don't really hate has to be the movies, save for the one where they are all assholes to each other for no reason.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Read another book

You read another book!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I watched The Happytime Murders last night, and it was actually not bad.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tiggum posted:

I watched The Happytime Murders last night, and it was actually not bad.

i bet you enjoy seth rogen movies

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Justinian, Charlemagne, and Mehmed were equally legitimate successors of Caesar.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Western civilization is in decline because it clings to the Roman ideals of society

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MizPiz posted:

Western civilization is in decline because it clings to the Roman ideals of society

Maybe some of the ideals but at least we lost that diet. Yikes

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

nah

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

spit on my clit posted:

i bet you enjoy seth rogen movies

I don't think I've seen any of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I don't think I've seen any of them.

Every one I have seen is about 100 times more enjoyable than anything I've ever seen "Spit on my Clit" post fwiw.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There is no taste difference between different kinds of salt, and people who buy expensive Himalayan salt or whatever are rubes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

Every one I have seen is about 100 times more enjoyable than anything I've ever seen "Spit on my Clit" post fwiw.

the same could be said of any something awful poster after the dangan ronpa lp began.

but no, seth rogen movies are the most bottom of the bin toilet humor. "huhuhuhuhuh dude, i just smoked a fat blunt and now i wanna look at titties." thats it, thats every single loving seth rogen movie right there, it doesn't matter if they're food or in an apocalypse, its all the same.

steinrokkan posted:

There is no taste difference between different kinds of salt, and people who buy expensive Himalayan salt or whatever are rubes.

all you need is a bit of finely ground salt, turns out the smaller grains of salt will end up making the food taste saltier, even if you use less than you normally would.

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 08:56 on Jul 4, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

True, but being able to grind salt to the right texture can make a big difference and for some inexplicable reason salt that isn't ground into dust always costs more.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Freaks and Geeks is good and Seth Rogen is hot

Dudes with Opinions about things like salt or garlic are incapable of being hot

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Well you’re half right

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Freaks and Geeks is good and Seth Rogen is hot

he looks like if you took every fat journalist, mixed them together, and added an extra layer of grease

oldpainless posted:

Well you’re half right

good av/post combo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I dont know a lot about Seth Rogen movies but superbad is a modern classic

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Seth Rogen is not very fat

He's a chubster yeah but he's not THAT fat

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Read another book

Yeah why would you read lame blonde British dork lady when you can read Yukio Mishima or even just Franz Kafka if you want something absurd or fantastical. Kafka can be easily read by kids even.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In team fortress 2, Spy sucks and always has

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In team fortress 2, Spy sucks and always has

You can play classes that arnt medic???

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

JollyBoyJohn posted:

You can play classes that arnt medic???

I pretty much only play medic.

Spy is binary bullshit for medic no matter how much you try.

It's impossible to do constant 360s forever. You will, in quick play, always get ~pro stabbed~ by some loser whose been hiding in the corner for 10 minutes so he can dart out and get the medic and then die .5 seconds after.

Meanwhile half the team is like "SPY! SPY! I AM A SPY! THERE ARE SPIES! SPY IS A CLASS IN THIS GAME!'

It'd be better if they replaed spy with nothing

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 11:49 on Jul 4, 2019

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

The reason why there's so much hate for Harry Potter - real world comparisons is that they are usually loving stupid and are what people go for when they feel the need to chime into an discussion, but don't care enough to come up with something that isn't completely obvious and vapid. It's the same as the Godwin's law.

Rowling's Law

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Dudes with Opinions about things like salt or garlic are incapable of being hot

What about vampire hunters? Sure they have strong opinions on garlic and are hot?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I thought I liked seth rogen movies until I realized he's not jonah hill.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Still better than Seth Moulton or Joe Rogan, though.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best TF2 class is Pyro with that hammer that let's you smash sappers playing hard defense because it frees up the engineer to do teleporter fuckery while you babysit.

Or at least it was like ten years ago when I played last.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Making a spontaneous goofy face sometimes when you're getting your picture taken is fine, everyone does it. But it's weird when they clearly pick one and make it their go-to picture face. It's usually some combination of tongue out, mouth wide open, eyebrows raised/eyes bugged out. Is somebody telling them that's their optimal "look" or do they just come to have that opinion themselves?

Another picture opinion: taking pictures of yourself on vacation seems silly. Take pictures of what you're there to see imho. That's what the memory is, not confirming that yes, you were in fact there and holding the camera. You already know that based on having the picture in the first place.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Making a spontaneous goofy face sometimes when you're getting your picture taken is fine, everyone does it. But it's weird when they clearly pick one and make it their go-to picture face. It's usually some combination of tongue out, mouth wide open, eyebrows raised/eyes bugged out. Is somebody telling them that's their optimal "look" or do they just come to have that opinion themselves?

I blame the media.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Another picture opinion: taking pictures of yourself on vacation seems silly. Take pictures of what you're there to see imho. That's what the memory is, not confirming that yes, you were in fact there and holding the camera. You already know that based on having the picture in the first place.

Overcompensating from lack of confidence aka Kevin Smith face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

They lack self confidence.

Also yeah I hate “here’s me in front of something interesting” shots.