Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s take this one step further and vote out someone from England. First we kicked your rear end on the battlefield, then on the pitch, and finally on the The Game Room subforum

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh Hal is in this game.

##unvote ##vote Hal if he's not scum he's going to lurk his way to lylo and lose town the game, like he did the last game I played.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Updated reads, as promised:

Mr. Steak:

There's a lot of prodding others and, well, "+1ing" stuff, as Paul would call it. All the while not producing much of note themselves.

Plus there's this post:

Mr. Steak posted:

elaborating because i have a tendency to shitpost:

paul's accusation of +1ing is certainly valid because toal's case in question is objectively bad. however, yami is also valid by countering with their real cases this game.

it doesnt reflect super well on yami that their low-effort +1 post was agreeing with the person they have been casing the most today, but it also doesnt reflect well on paul for not taking yami's entire posting history into account when casing

This post looks engaging but in reality all it says is "I don't have a read one way or the other on either of these players", imo. It bothers me. That got me to check again and especially combined with the +1ing, I do feel like they have not really formed an independent opinion on another player yet.

Steak, who do you think is the scummiest right now, and why? In your own words, please.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

AA

Surprisngly I'm mosly okay with their posts so far except for this one.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I will say, I don't think Yami is making good stances here... not quite full cases.

I do think AA would know better than to expect full cases d1.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It was a weaker point where he it was conveyed doesn't explain what I mean.

It was that the conviction you were displaying didn't sync up with the flimsy ideas you put forth. Seemed too certain, but on my part, it was less of a condemnation and more of a hot take.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

It was that the conviction you were displaying didn't sync up with the flimsy ideas you put forth. Seemed too certain, but on my part, it was less of a condemnation and more of a hot take.

Where what it conveyed doesn't explain*

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ah. I see where you're coming from, at least. Anyway...

Tommunist:

Has more posts than me while saying a lot less. Skipping all of the commentary and jokephase, this is the only real alignment call I can find:

Tommunist posted:

Im phone posting as well but that doesnt mean i make incredibly scummy posts about what i think scum would do.

This post and last are just there to give illusion you're trying to scum hunt when you have provided nothing.

##vote fool

Funnily enough, voting somebody else over not scumhunting. While stayig away the main discussion.

Would vote.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I know Yami is reading people right now which is important and I’m glad someone is doing it but I would like to interrupt and say :siren: Joey chestnut is crushing it right now :siren: and may set another record

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hmm, those are the ones that stuck out to me / changed the most atm.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh Hal is in this game.

##unvote ##vote Hal if he's not scum he's going to lurk his way to lylo and lose town the game, like he did the last game I played.

this is bad vote fam

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh Hal is in this game.

I’m always down to lunch Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow rude and anti-American

Honestly my role this game is “hated” which is an enormous relief for me because I can’t be taken to lylo and lose the game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Oh Hal is in this game.

Also screw you I'm sure I did lose whatever game that is but I bet I didn’t lurk the whole game my reputation is overblown

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It was Magical Creatures and uh yeah you definitely did lurk.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal roleclaiming on one vote of pressure is scummy.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Someone remind me what hated means

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Someone remind me what hated means

You get hammered one vote early.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s take this one step further and vote out someone from England. First we kicked your rear end on the battlefield, then on the pitch, and finally on the The Game Room subforum

##vote alasdair

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hated is a perfectly fine role to claim early.

It’s merk and he’s taunting me in his way, I feel it in my bones. I don’t have enough of a concrete case here but folks, trust me. For the first time in a long time I’m claiming opoptuition on this one.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (5): Jen X, Mr. Steak, Mikujin, merk, Jen X, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, fool_of_sound, merk, Paul ReiserFS, Jen X
Paul ReiserFS (3): Yami Fenrir, b-minus1, Deadbeat Dad
Anomalous Amalgam (3): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Toalpaz, Chili, zzyzx, Toalpaz, George Kansas
Mr. Steak (3): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, merk, b-minus1, Bernstrike, Toalpaz, b-minus1
merk (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Retro Futurist
fool_of_sound (1): Chili, Chili, Tommunist
zzyzx (1): LupusAter, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Retro Futurist
Hal Incandenza (1): Bernstrike, Bernstrike, The Ninth Layer
Epsilon Plus (1): Epsilon Plus
LupusAter (0): Bernstrike, Bernstrike
Chili (0): The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer
Deadbeat Dad (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Jen X (0): Bernstrike, b-minus1, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Bernstrike, b-minus1
tpink (0): Chili, Chili
Lynch No One! (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
Bernstrike (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Quidthulhu (0): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Chili, Chili, Paul ReiserFS, Paul ReiserFS
Toalpaz (0): fool_of_sound, Yami Fenrir, Jen X, Yami Fenrir, fool_of_sound, Jen X

Not Voting (7): CCKeane, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Nep-Nep, Quidthulhu, tpink, xiw

With 27 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 05th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Please do not set obvious votes for players in the game to "Lynch No One!"

Be better.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao what if literally everyone has negative utility roles, and its just a battle of which team is the least worst

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'll clarify my explanationless post

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Like "there's probably a second scumteam" is from the perspective of someone on a scumteam.. I don't see how town comes out with that

It's a scummy post because it makes a baseless assumption that is easily proven wrong.

It's not hard, in a game of 27 people, to conceive of two scum factions, regardless of your alignment. It's one thing to be wrong, it's another thing to throw out an argument in what I consider to be bad faith.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I will say, I don't think Yami is making good stances here... not quite full cases.

This post is AA vaguely accusing a poster without actually scumhunting at all. Probably the post that has pinged me the most the entire game. Extremely scummy.

I like mafia meta over player meta, but talking about meta is really useless and it's going to look like some of you have "real opinions" when you're saying fart all.

SO let's just hammer that nail now. Meta sucks, hooray.

Who's scum tho?

This post is AA accusing players of posting content devoid of scumhunting, while he not only does exactly the same thing, but then asks people for scumhunting instead of hunting scum himself! He's trying to outflank people having a discussion to make himself look more towny, but in my estimation it has the exact opposite effect and makes him look far more scummy.

Does this look like 3P hunting?

Back to zzyzx

##vote zzyzx

I don't want to read too much into it but:

- 'if you're in favor of the AA vote, now would be the best time to do it and push him into a clear lead.'
wtf wtf...

Are we in a hurry with deadline being 2 days out? Is there any reason you want me in the lead? Like reasons based on actual case work or opinions about my play in this game?

Then there's the silly 'WE'

WE
WE
did you slip?

This post is not only extremely defensive and self-conscious but also tries to really aggressively hammer in a bad argument about the 'we.' Most scumslip accusations are dumb, but this one is especially bad because it reads like AA trying to hound someone down and get them to stop casing him. Reeks of scum to me.

For all of these reasons, ##vote aa is the best vote I see right now.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday, or if you're not in America, a good Thursday.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Not gonna vote AA

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Chili posted:

I'll clarify my explanationless post

It's a scummy post because it makes a baseless assumption that is easily proven wrong.

It's not hard, in a game of 27 people, to conceive of two scum factions, regardless of your alignment. It's one thing to be wrong, it's another thing to throw out an argument in what I consider to be bad faith.

Meh. I agree with Paul/MiR here. It's always suspicious when people make these setup speculations unpormpted and without evidence. Town players should just be worried about finding scum. It's scum players that have enough information to make informed speculations about other scum factions.

Plus it is just easy nothing content to make. What can town players do with speculations about more than one scum faction at this point? Nothing. We don't even have a nigntkill to talk about yet let alone any flips.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Not gonna vote AA

oh ok

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

Steak, who do you think is the scummiest right now, and why? In your own words, please.

binus because he is binus.

for day 1, i think that's the most compelling argument so far.

idk if you can say this vote isn't an "independent opinion" or whatever since i made it before anybody was talking about him and havent moved since

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

chaoslord posted:

I know Yami is reading people right now which is important and I’m glad someone is doing it but I would like to interrupt and say :siren: Joey chestnut is crushing it right now :siren: and may set another record

This is a good post, Mr. slord, which makes me as you are scum.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also screw you I'm sure I did lose whatever game that is but I bet I didn’t lurk the whole game my reputation is overblown

This is a pretty amusing meltdown. I also dont see why the claim comes from the tiny ammount of pressure.

Like sure its good to claim early with this role but why claim with this trigger as opposed to off no trigger.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Also not a huge fan of keane juat latching onto other peoples scum hunts and agreeing with them from there

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The merk I'm used to is hyper aggressive in fingering targets D1. I can't tell if he's being put on the back foot and therefore looking weird and being irritable, or if he's scum because of the way he's reacting. I don't think suspicion would make him play this differently though.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I was looking back and was going to question the quality of votes on b- because I thought they were kind of poo poo until Paul's vote which actually had a decent explanation, but then I went through b-minus's post history and holy poo poo I can see why nobody has a great explanation because it's just Bad and not helpful in the slightest and I can see him playing around with some weird scum claiming gambit where it's like "Oh yeah I was just joking about that scum team stuff" while actually being on a scum team.

##vote b-minus1

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I was looking back and was going to question the quality of votes on b- because I thought they were kind of poo poo until Paul's vote which actually had a decent explanation, but then I went through b-minus's post history and holy poo poo I can see why nobody has a great explanation because it's just Bad and not helpful in the slightest and I can see him playing around with some weird scum claiming gambit where it's like "Oh yeah I was just joking about that scum team stuff" while actually being on a scum team.

##vote b-minus1

It's not a gambit he's just bad and it's the right thing to do

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

This is a good post, Mr. slord, which makes me as you are scum.

which makes you what keane???? I have to know

(also wow rude)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mikujin posted:

It's not a gambit he's just bad and it's the right thing to do

loving lol dude. Did you forget you won last game? It’s hilarious that you are still pissed that you were lynched for what you perceived to be the wrong reasons. Get over it. Hmm maybe you are scum this game and are afraid I’ll kick it into gear in a few days and successfully get you lynched.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote b-minus1

Paul’s “explanation” and vote was loving awful, just like your post is. Notice how I have never backtracked and said I was joking around. If you can’t separate my joke posts from my actual reads, that’s on you.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

You're right and got me thinking that lynching him is the right move.

##vote b-minus1

1) Shitposting is anti-town
2) I've expressed my opinion on his scumclaim
2.5) I still think his 'other scumteam' comments are a tell that he knows more than us, plus:
3)

4) Anything said against him can be superfically rebuffed with "i was joking around :jerkbag:" so he's eseentially making himself unreadable, and Jen's post captures my feelings on that

I mean look at this poo poo. I haven’t rebuffed a drat thing. Both of these posts are scummy af. I would vote dead beat dad but I’m already voting Paul.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

b-minus1 posted:

Paul’s “explanation” and vote was loving awful, just like your post is. Notice how I have never backtracked and said I was joking around. If you can’t separate my joke posts from my actual reads, that’s on you.

I mean look at this poo poo. I haven’t rebuffed a drat thing. Both of these posts are scummy af. I would vote dead beat dad but I’m already voting Paul.

The classic OMGUS, there you go. Vote me dude.

First of all, I said that all of the actual votes on you before Paul had zero explanation. They were either voting you because you jokevoted too late or because of some apparent past game history. Paul was the only one that had "decent explanation" in my own words, which meant any explanation. You don't have to agree with the content of why he voted you, I'm saying there was decent explanation and reasoning to why he voted you, whether you like it or not.

Your response to my vote only makes me more fine with mine though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tommunist posted:

This is a pretty amusing meltdown. I also dont see why the claim comes from the tiny ammount of pressure.

Like sure its good to claim early with this role but why claim with this trigger as opposed to off no trigger.

Not really a meltdown TNL basically policy voted me so I was screw you jerk

Also I claimed in the post before that, but really the point is when is a good time to claim hated other than early on?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bee why are you so much more aggressive out of the gate this game compared to anything recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

b-minus1 posted:

“can be” and “has been” are different words with different meanings

Between you and Yami latching hard onto specific phrasing and making implications that I’m lying based on misunderstanding me I’m starting to wonder if I don’t speak English as fluently as I thought