Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to Costco Saturday AND Sunday

MarcusSA posted:

Dear god why?

blessed are they, who doth hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

FYI, the Kirkland branded protein bars are almost the same as Quest bars. They seem a little harder, but nothing a quick nuke can’t fix.

The only bad thing I’ve gotten at Costco was their Kirkland lobster bisque. Tasted overwhelmingly of sherry. Took it back no problem, of course.

A couple of months back, our Costco had packages fresh octopus. I swear my boyfriend and I were the only people who bought it, they had packages of the stuff for ages. Their loss, it was delicious. They had little two-packs of poke bowls once too. I really wish they’d come back. I mean, it was $12 for two tiny bowls, but the poke was delicious.

I remember seeing those jamon, but we didn’t pull the trigger due to the price. Was the delicious ham worth it?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

I remember seeing those jamon, but we didn’t pull the trigger due to the price. Was the delicious ham worth it?

Extremely. Especially when paired with the manchego they were selling at the same time.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We're hosting a Christening on Sunday and the whole 60 person party's going to be fed off of costco.

Salad? Bags of Mediterranean mix.
Dinner rolls? Kings Hawaiian
Sternos? Same isle as the nice Chinet plastic plates, cups, and silverware.
Cake? A shame Costco only does half sheets but we'll just get 2.
Food? Everyone in the immediate family is cooking something. I'm making the chicken dish, going to need chicken and tomatoes in bulk. PBUC

e: I know we can probably do salad cheaper than doing the pre-made Mediterranean mix, but it's really loving good, and the last time we served it at a party it went over really well. The convenience can't be overstated either.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

DiggityDoink posted:

You can check on bitchin sauce's website to see if your church will have it. It's mostly so-cal.

Part of the fun is going on the hunt!

*looks up which Costco has bicthin sauce*

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

e: I know we can probably do salad cheaper than doing the pre-made Mediterranean mix, but it's really loving good, and the last time we served it at a party it went over really well. The convenience can't be overstated either.

This is the drat truth.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Anyone own this chair? It looks comfortable but my local doesn't have it.

https://www.costco.ca/La-Z-Boy%c2%ae-Hudson-Big-%2526-Tall-Black-Bonded-Leather-Executive-Office-Chair.product.100248468.html

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don't own it but any office chair that doesn't have adjustable arm rests is a hard pass for me.

Also seems a bit pricy :shrug:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MarcusSA posted:

I don't own it but any office chair that doesn't have adjustable arm rests is a hard pass for me.

Also seems a bit pricy :shrug:

Best chair not offered at Costco, had to amazon gasp

SONGMICS Thick Executive Office High Back Large Seat and Tilt Function Ergonomic Swivel Co... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0763KJNSS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_I.SgDb...

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Got myself a 25 foot long giant water slide, nbd.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...rtanntp#image=1

This clickbait is hilarious because it basically proves nothing except that the person doing the interview doesn't understand how poor people live.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Now with kids the costco size fruit especially berries are ideal.

Same with the baked stuff, we can go through a pack of croissants so drat fast.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DrowningInDreams posted:

This clickbait is hilarious because it basically proves nothing except that the person doing the interview doesn't understand how poor people live.

This is very worrying, I thought Costco employees were paid well. :ohdear:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is very worrying, I thought Costco employees were paid well. :ohdear:

Even the $20/hr is barely scraping by depending upon where you live.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

DrowningInDreams posted:

So mainly because the items are too big or too much? Ace reporting MSN.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Everything I bought last month is on sale right now.

Coleman tent, LED lantern 3-pack, Louisiana Pellet Grill, and Casamigos Sample Pack

Got them all price adjusted and received $160 back. PBUC

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

FogHelmut posted:

Everything I bought last month is on sale right now.

Coleman tent, LED lantern 3-pack, Louisiana Pellet Grill, and Casamigos Sample Pack

Got them all price adjusted and received $160 back. PBUC

drat you are ready for summer

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

DiggityDoink posted:

You can check on bitchin sauce's website to see if your church will have it. It's mostly so-cal.

Many Costcos across CA carry it at this point, the website is wrong.

Just picked this up at the Co, anyone have experience with it? Willing to give it a shot. Somewhat pricey at around $6 a pound, but an interesting concept.

Taima fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 4, 2019

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Kind of weird that the noodles look nothing like the ones in the dishes they put on the packaging.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Going on Friday to get a quality watermelon, pbuc

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Taima posted:

Many Costcos across CA carry it at this point, the website is wrong.

Just picked this up at the Co, anyone have experience with it? Willing to give it a shot. Somewhat pricey at around $6 a pound, but an interesting concept.

you bought fake crab in the shape of noodles, that's weird as hell

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

binge crotching posted:

Even the $20/hr is barely scraping by depending upon where you live.

I assume new hires in Manhattan or San Francisco have long commutes

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Costco French Vodka (I cant believe it’s not Grey Goose) and the giant bag of Costco lemons makes some dang good limoncello. It’s like liquid summer.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Has anyone used Costco for a new car? I'm looking to lease but saw online that this is possible?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there a particular reason why you're going to lease? From what I remember from the new car buying thread its usually not a good financial choice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was going to ask the same question. Leasing is only good if your company pays for it. Otherwise you are literally paying for a car forever.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Has anyone used Costco for a new car? I'm looking to lease but saw online that this is possible?

I tried their service and ended up getting a certified pre-owned instead. The service *should* realistically give you money off of sticker. Sometimes the sales reps were sketchy and wouldn't give me it.

They also only have designated dealerships that are part of the costco buying service. One dealership for my area was over 2 hours away.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can leverage the Costco price to get a better price from the dealer if that’s your thing too.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

A lease is fine if you understand that you're just renting a car for a couple of years, but you really need to make sure you're not buying the thing afterwards.

You also want to make sure you're not putting a bunch of money down at the start of the lease, since that's just handing over even more money to rent the car.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

A lease is fine if you understand that you're just renting a car for a couple of years, but you really need to make sure you're not buying the thing afterwards.

You also want to make sure you're not putting a bunch of money down at the start of the lease, since that's just handing over even more money to rent the car.

From what I've seen you pay around full car payment prices for leasing. It's one of the stupidest things you could ever do financially. You are renting a car but pay full price. The only upside is that you can get a new car every 3 years or whatever.

It's insanely retarded and I've yet to hear a single good reason why anyone would ever do it.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Confirm/Deny: TVs from Costco are sold at such a lower price compared to other stores because they have lower quality or lower performing components from the manufacturer.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Depends on make and model and dealer. I tried Costco on a Honda Pilot a few years ago, was like MSRP. Ended up buying a Ford elsewhere.

I tried Costco on a Chevy Colorado a few months ago. It was a good price - 18% off, but I got another 4% off MSRP cheaper from another non-Costco dealer.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

iroc.dis posted:

Confirm/Deny: TVs from Costco are sold at such a lower price compared to other stores because they have lower quality or lower performing components from the manufacturer.

Often they are a special “costco only” models that either have some top end features removed or are the previous year models with some newer features in the software like updated smart tv features. Makes it difficult to do proper apples to apples price comparisons sometimes.

Other brands/models are the exact same though so totally depends on what you’re looking at. It seems like lower end brands like vizio are more likely to have special costco models.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a 55" Vizio and it's perfect for me right now. I got it a few years ago so it was expensive but I think it was a good price at Costco. I can't remember what I paid though. As far as I know Vizio is more a of budget brand. I can't tell the difference between that and the TVs my idiot friend buys and replaces every 6 months.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh yea even the costco only vizio models are totally fine they just can be tricky to compare with the mainstream models sometimes.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

From what I've seen you pay around full car payment prices for leasing. It's one of the stupidest things you could ever do financially. You are renting a car but pay full price. The only upside is that you can get a new car every 3 years or whatever.

It's insanely retarded and I've yet to hear a single good reason why anyone would ever do it.

some people just make likke $90,000 a year or whatever at their office job and just want a new car every 3 years because they like to consume and it feels good to have new things and stuff and good in their homes, they don't care about paying off a car in 6 years and keeping it another 10

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Does Costco still sell the berry cream pie? I have had cravings for one for quite some time now but I haven't seen one at my local Costco since 2017. Just wondering if it's just my location or if Costco just stopped making them altogether?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Depends on make and model and dealer. I tried Costco on a Honda Pilot a few years ago, was like MSRP. Ended up buying a Ford elsewhere.

I tried Costco on a Chevy Colorado a few months ago. It was a good price - 18% off, but I got another 4% off MSRP cheaper from another non-Costco dealer.

Sweet Rado man

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

iroc.dis posted:

Deny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

iroc.dis posted:

Bullshit. This myth has been around for a decade and probably much longer. These days Costco seems to mostly carry the same SKUs as other stores when it comes to TVs. Even if a manufacturer was somehow shipping different versions of the model TV it would make very little sense for Costco to get the short end of the stick. Costco warranties their TVs for at least double the time of other stores, and even more than that if you use their credit card. This gives them a lot of incentive to hold their suppliers to a high standard. They're also a huge market and I imagine ever TV maker bends over backwards to make sure their products are on the shelf.

That said, buying a TV at Costco isn't necessarily that great and the prices aren't particularly great. In some cases they're a rip off. Their OLED prices are particularly egregious. They're currently selling the 55" C series for $1750. It routinely sells for under $1200 online and sometimes as low as $999. They also make odd choices with the models they stock. For instance, they don't carry the TCL 6 series, which is basically the go-to TV for high image quality on a budget. They just started carrying the 2019 Vizio models, but they chose to go with the M557 and M657 instead of the M558 and M658. The later have much better specs (600 nits vs 400 nits, more dimming zones) and typically cost less than $100 more the the inferior models Costco chose to carry.

To go back to your original question, their are occasionally some questionable models that could be considered inferior that show up in stores. Wal-Mart carries some models exclusively that I expect are designed to target people who want the cheapest possible TV at that size. There are also models that pop up for Black Friday every year that may be engineered to be less costly.