Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Symphogear is the best anime ever made. Exploring such themes as language barriers, the meaning of heroism, Confucianism, and the birth of Christ, it is truly a deep and multilayered anime, the likes of which no one has ever seen before.

Jokes aside, Symphogear's basic premise is that the characters must sing to battle monsters - as such, there's a wide variety of music to enjoy, sung by an all-star cast of famous singers. And Aoi Yuuki, who is there. In addition, it has an A-list staff, such as the guy who wrote Wild ARMS and the guy who created Code Lyoko. Yes, seriously.

Symphogear: Meteroid Falling, Burning, and Disappear, then... Is the first season of Symphogear. High school student Hibiki Tachibana attends a concert by her favorite Idol duo, Zwei Wing - but when mysterious monsters called Noise attack, Hibiki is granted a power she could never have imagined...

Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... is the second season of Symphogear. Three months after the events of Season 1, things seem to be back to normal - until a mysterious group declares war against the entire world. Hibiki and her friends are forced to confront not only rival Symphogear wielders, but the fact that their actions may have had more consequences than they realized...

Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist is the third season of Symphogear. Believe in Justice, and Hold a Determination to Fist.

Symphogear AXZ: By Shedding Many Tears, the Reality You Face is... is the fourth season of Symphogear. Only weeks after the events of GX, Hibiki Tachibana was fighting hand-to-hand with the most supreme enemy known to man, and barely managing to hold it back. That enemy was none other than summer vacation homework. But of course the longer those fabulous and wonderful days continued, the bigger the debt she would eventually be forced to pay back became. The later half of summer vacation, and the eventual restart of her school days. This is where the curtain rose on Hibiki's new battle...

Symphogear XV: Create a history, with the light God could not know is the fifth and final season of Symphogear, set to air in July.

Main Characters

Hibiki Tachibana
Voice Actress: Aoi Yuuki (Madoka in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shuten-Douji in Fate/Grand Order)
Relic: Gungnir

Tsubasa Kazanari
Voice Actress: Nana Mizuki (Fate in Nanoha, seventeen million anime OPs)
Relic: Ame-no-Habakiri

Chris Yukine
Voice Actress: Ayahi Takagaki (Lisbeth in Sword Art Online, Erika in Durarara)
Relic: Ichaival

Maria Cadenzavna Eve
Voice Actress: Yoko Hikasa (Mio in K-On, Kirigiri in Dangan Ronpa)
Relic: Airgetlam

Kirika Akatsuki
Voice Actress: Ai Kayano (Menma in AnoHana, Sayaka in Bloom into You)
Relic: Igalima

Shirabe Tsukuyomi
Voice Actress: Yoshino Nanjou (Eli in Love Live, every Railgun opening except I think there was a Mami Kawada one?)
Relic: Shul Shagana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3vAScd2sk

PV.

Bios for new characters.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why are none of them voiced by Yukari Tamura

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aw man, this is the last season?

I guess it's good when things end rather than continue forever. But I would be down for Symphogear lasting until the end of time.

E: Also Hibiki the best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Aw man, this is the last season?

I guess it's good when things end rather than continue forever. But I would be down for Symphogear lasting until the end of time.
The description for the youtube video says it's the 'conclusion,' and a lot of the higher level staff have either said they want to move on (Kaneko's wanted to make a new Wild Arms forever and he's said he doesn't want Symphogear to be the rest of his life) or have already moved on (Thomas Romain, the Code Lyoko guy who does all the Noise designs and backgrounds, only had an supervisory role on AXZ and has left Satelight to, I believe, form a studio of his own.)

There might be more Symphogear after this, since it's a successful franchise that you could easily repurpose to have a different cast while still using the same premise, but it's definitely gonna be the end of this story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I guess it's ok if it results in a new Wild Arms.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDXmNeyvTtE

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Finally, Hibiki Tachibana will challenge the Moon to fist fight...and win.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

Why are none of them voiced by Yukari Tamura
Goth girl was already taken. :colbert:

Also, completely pumped to watch this with my daughter! :dance:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I never knew about the season subtitles. Neat.

Endorph posted:

(Kaneko's wanted to make a new Wild Arms forever and he's said he doesn't want Symphogear to be the rest of his life)

Oh no, hope.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
One thing I liked about AXZ, it had the cliche where the antagonists attack saying they are going to get rid of the protagonists only to retreat after a short battle without finishing off anyone. But it worked because they also showed that the Symphogears were flat out more powerful and better fighters once they got going. Once that initiative bonus wears off the Symphogears will kick pretty much anyone's poo poo in, which is why as soon as the Illuminati didn't retreat they got their poo poo kicked in every time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/sta...er%3D55%23pti17

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yay.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

E: Also Hibiki the best.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm ready for symphogear

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Miku better get a gear again or else I'll riot

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
She doesn't need one, she already wields the ultimate power in the Symphogear universe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I just want her XDU special gear animated and also her and Hibiki to punch things at their wedding

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Bring back the chomp visor, cowards

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

confession: i've used symphogear as workout music on more than one occasion.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi I'm here

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

EdgyCoffeeMug posted:

confession: i've used symphogear as workout music on more than one occasion.

No shame

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

The only shame is if they don’t consistently listen to it while working out, Never half rear end anything!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It took the prospect of there being a potential final season and just not having a lot I wanted to watch at the time but I'm real, real glad I was able to churn through all of the seasons ahead of this. G was my favorite season and all of the girls are the best, but especially Chris and Kirika when she's chuuni.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chris and Maria are my favorites because they have the best dynamics with the rest of the cast and Heavy Arms and Tallgeese III are cool.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Chris has always been my favorite since I love her interactions and anyone who’s fighting style consists of “shoot nonstop and spam missiles” cannot be anything but amazing

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
poo poo this crept up on me.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Happy Symphogear day, battle songs are subbed on Crunchyroll :woop:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's definitely up there with AXZ's first ep for raw satisfaction. God I love Symphogear. Choreography was great, love the new songs, Hibiki's new henshin is ridiculously badass.

Miku definitely still feels like she's just a burden on Hibiki et all and that is 100000 percent going to be one of the last hurdles we have to clear.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Combo attack for Hibiki and Maria was good, and that's definitely going to be Fine somehow.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Combo attack for Hibiki and Maria was good, and that's definitely going to be Fine somehow.

Oh I kinda assumed it was Prologue Man, but that definitely makes more sense.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

Maybe this is all to tie into XDU's timeline than...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That transformation sequence :vince:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jyudo_fu/status/1147542596878659587

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
that transformation sequence... this really is it huh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i really hope this season can mantain this animation quality at least somewhat because goddamn

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

oh great trump is in the loving anime

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's really cool to see how good the production was in this ep so soon after rewatching S1. Show's come a long way from those mildly janky days - now we're probably not quite at the level of technical proficiency of something like Mob Psycho or Fire Force, but we're sure holding our own all right.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Cao Ni Ma posted:

oh great trump is in the loving anime

He tried to nuke the girls from a golf course last season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I’m so happy...about Symphogear..