Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Their OLED prices are particularly egregious. They're currently selling the 55" C series for $1750. It routinely sells for under $1200 online and sometimes as low as $999. They also make odd choices with the models they stock.

Surprisingly Costco is clearing out their C8 55 inchers for $999.97 right now at numerous stores, though yeah 95% of the time they are a bad choice. Costco TVs are usually only competitive when something is on clearance, and even then you have to be careful.

Much better to just lurk on Slickdeals and eventually pick up a TV from Greentoe, newegg Flash, or Ebay.

By the way, saying only the TV letter ("C") from LG is ignoring the model year. You have to state the full model (C8/C9) as the price varies wildly between the two models.

Granted, most people are going to want to pick up the 8 models (last year's model) as they are currently on clearance. However if you are a gamer and/or want HDMI 2.1 you really have to go with this year's 9 series models.

Just as a point of reference for how bad Costco TV pricing is, I decided on a 65 inch C9 a few days ago. The total price after tax is roughly $3,000 at Costco, but the exact same TV with authorized warranty was only $2,289 on ebay from a reputable vendor. That is an insane difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I bought my C8 from CostCo around Black Friday last year and the prices were comparable to whatever other deals were around. The relative pricing on the 55 vs 65 isn’t the same in every retailer either, so you have to do a little checking around for the exact TV you want.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

iroc.dis posted:

Confirm/Deny: TVs from Costco are sold at such a lower price compared to other stores because they have lower quality or lower performing components from the manufacturer.

They do offer some Costco-specific models with lower specs but usually the panels themselves are the exact same. When I bought my TCL TV from Costco it was a retailer-specific model that swapped out the voice control remote for a standard remote. That was the only change and it was $60 cheaper because of it.

The Costco TVs also come with a 2 year warranty (4 if you pay with the Citi card) which is much better than the 1 year most retailers offer.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Had some guy screaming and swearing at me in the church parking lot because I parked too slow for his tastes. I asked one of the lot attendants about him and he went “oh yeah that guy’s harassed a bunch of our members. The manager had to stop him from assaulting someone in their car earlier.”

Like drat guys I just wanted some dog food I didn’t want to get shot. Get that guy outta there or at least take away his Executive status.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 5, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
How does one park slow? I'm having trouble envisioning what you mean.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The two-bench zodiac-style inflatable boat that I was losing my poo poo about last summer is on sale in-store for $449.99. The equivalent at West Marine would be $1k or more.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

I'm guessing it's just slower than what the other guy wanted it to be, regardless of how fast or slow it was.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Taima posted:

Somebody was actively pulling out so I waited for them before taking their spot. And no I didn’t steal the guy’s spot because he was further down and on the other side of the row which made it even more confusing. Maybe he meant to reverse 50ft and back into it?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fallom posted:

Somebody was actively pulling out so I waited for them before taking their spot. And no I didn’t steal the guy’s spot because he was further down and on the other side of the row which made it even more confusing. Maybe he meant to reverse 50ft and back into it?

And they were texting

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This may be a dumb question, but since we're on the subject of Costco parking lots....
Who has the right of way in this intersection
https://goo.gl/maps/ELUUp4eKG8wJoe8X7

Does a car coming from the left have right of way or the car that is coming from the point of view of the camera? I have had a couple close calls going both ways so I just don't know anymore

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This may be a dumb question, but since we're on the subject of Costco parking lots....

Does a car coming from the left have right of way or the car that is coming from the point of view of the camera? I have had a couple close calls going both ways so I just don't know anymore

All cars exiting must yield?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Me (outta my freakin way!!)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Whomever has a Hemi gets the right of way, obvs

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

iroc.dis posted:

Confirm/Deny: TVs from Costco are sold at such a lower price compared to other stores because they have lower quality or lower performing components from the manufacturer.

Deny.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whoever is in the right, it's right there in the name "right of way"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Lol drat you all. I'm goin to that costco today and I'm gonna just close my eyes through that intersection and make it via pure FAITH

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
SoCal costco is selling mad water this week because we never actually prepare for the apocalyptic hellquakes that seek to ruin us.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

We got the earthquakes out of the way, going to be a while before another big one.

naem
May 29, 2011

last time a bought a bunch of emergency canned food I just ended up eating it all instead of grocery shopping for a month lol

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

naem posted:

last time a bought a bunch of emergency canned food I just ended up eating it all instead of grocery shopping for a month lol

Is there really a scenario where anyone would need more than a few days of food and water in a developed country?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hurricanes can really gently caress poo poo up

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is there really a scenario where anyone would need more than a few days of food and water in a developed country?

The USA hasn't been developed since 1970

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Climate change will make fools of us all.

In the meantime enjoy $1.50 dog & soda daily.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Hurricane Katrina was pretty bad

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Also I think those emergency food packs are meant for Mormons

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

In the PNW we have been advised to plan for 2 weeks, but that basic services may take months to come back online in the event of the cascadia subduction zone producing a 9.0 earthquake. Which in the long term is a near certainty.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

JK Fresco posted:

Hurricane Katrina was pretty bad

And even in that worst case scenario more than ~3 days of food/water wouldn't have made a difference.

e: I mean, don't disregard planning or anything, but "resort to your stockpile of supplies" is ... not the best plan.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 8, 2019

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Went to a different Costco today. They had self serve kiosks at the food court. Was not any faster.

I did get a 5 lb bag of roasted peanuts in the shell.

Then some maniac drove backwards horizontally across the entire l gas station and almost hit me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
$8 for a great wash. Purchased from the gas pump!

Plenty of soap and post-scrub spraydown. Line moved fast. 10/10 would wash again. Thanks Costco.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FogHelmut posted:

Went to a different Costco today. They had self serve kiosks at the food court. Was not any faster.

I did get a 5 lb bag of roasted peanuts in the shell.

Then some maniac drove backwards horizontally across the entire l gas station and almost hit me.

Yeah I am not impressed by the kiosk, there is no real indication that they have your order and the mob of people just crushes up to the counter so you have to fight your way through it to claim your dog once they announce your number.

Really like most things costco related it is the terrible customers that gently caress it up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Plenty of soap and post-scrub spraydown. Line moved fast. 10/10 would wash again. Thanks Costco.

Costco car Wash????

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Ours was supposed to get a car wash but then our city council approved a different car wash company in the same shopping complex so now Costco pulled out <:mad:>

MarcusSA posted:

Costco car Wash????

Yeah, there's a handful of stores that have them

https://www.costco.com/car-wash-service.html

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Ours was supposed to get a car wash but then our city council approved a different car wash company in the same shopping complex so now Costco pulled out <:mad:>

Yeah, there's a handful of stores that have them

https://www.costco.com/car-wash-service.html

Oh awesome! I dunno if I’m gonna drive to Torrance for a wash but it’s good to know it’s there.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've been to the San Juan Capistrano car wash a few times. It's inexpensive and cleans your car, but also left water spots.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

General snack chat but I discovered the pickle popcorn at Trader Joe's yesterday which is basically crack. Costco should make pickle popcorn.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I don't know if anyone's not aware of this CostcoHack™, but when you're checking out at the normal register, you can ask the cashier to add a hot dog/sausage/pizza etc. to your total order, after which you just need to get in line at the cafe and show them your receipt. No self-serve kiosk required, no cash or additional card swipe necessary.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Midniter posted:

I don't know if anyone's not aware of this CostcoHack™, but when you're checking out at the normal register, you can ask the cashier to add a hot dog/sausage/pizza etc. to your total order, after which you just need to get in line at the cafe and show them your receipt. No self-serve kiosk required, no cash or additional card swipe necessary.

Not at either of my Costcos.

Actually, let me clarify. You can't order slices or hotdogs+drink, but you can order entire pizzas and 5 years worth of forever stamps.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Sad. They even ask me (not fat) if I want to add anything from the food court when I check out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tim Whatley posted:

General snack chat but I discovered the pickle popcorn at Trader Joe's yesterday which is basically crack. Costco should make pickle popcorn.

Yeah that poo poo is good. I also get the herb one too to mix things up.