Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I love you guys.

I've just realised just how much you guys have been here for me. I've basically been live posting about every lovely thing that has happened to me over the years and you be all been mega supportive.

Mental really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i think most of us have had poo poo stuff happen so we try to be nice when poo poo stuff happens to others

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Looke posted:

it's funny how the ukmt were doing proper mental gymnastics to explain how in fact labours non decisive attitude to brexit was an extremely good political move and now they're all rushing to say how actually it's terrible and should never have happened

I think those are mostly different people. 'It was necessary then but has run its course' is a different argument.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Solefald posted:

hhahaha i've gone and cut up my arms again and i'm really lost and scared and it's loving hell

happy sunday

Um. I'm late to this, but for what it's worth I hope you're doing ok. I'd offer to invite you over to do something social but you're like a billion miles away :(

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

feedmegin posted:

I think those are mostly different people. 'It was necessary then but has run its course' is a different argument.
i have noticed there are a few people in ukmt who used to post a ton when i first started checking it but only seem to pop up now to dogpile coohoolin and ronja for talking about scotland / anything respectively.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in fairness, scotland delenda est

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hello friends I technically did some magic mushrooms for the first time at my brother's stag do on Friday and got so drunk yesterday I went to sleep early and missed the woman at the pub who took her top off at the table for no reason

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/YzrvbGd.mp4

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

feedmegin posted:

No one wants to hear your ukmt apologia nonsense in here you massive liar.

I've lost my wallet and my Uber 5 star rating.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Hi can I post in here

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sudden Javelin posted:

Hi can I post in here

only if you updog

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Only when I can't downdog

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

NotJustANumber99 posted:

No one wants to hear your ukmt apologia nonsense in here you massive liar.

I've lost my wallet and my Uber 5 star rating.

we're gonna bring factionalism to the chat thread and it's gonna be great

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sudden Javelin posted:

Hi can I post in here

You just did

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i found my wallet and im still 5 satrs in uber panic over

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

Hi can I post in here
confirmed by op you may post over

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

why do HMRC take two weeks to provide official documentation of my job history?

it's all in the loving database just press a button and email me the PDF, it's 2019 ffs

I have to have a background check before I can start my new job and part of the requirement is a five year job history from HMRC. Apparently my 10+ years of payslips and multiple glowing references aren't sufficient proof of employment.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Quote-Unquote posted:

why do HMRC take two weeks to provide official documentation of my job history?

it's all in the loving database just press a button and email me the PDF, it's 2019 ffs

I have to have a background check before I can start my new job and part of the requirement is a five year job history from HMRC. Apparently my 10+ years of payslips and multiple glowing references aren't sufficient proof of employment.

5yrs seems a bit much but I feel your pain re: employment paperwork

I am about to start a new NHS job and the level of paperwork + DBS checks is a bit much imo. I've been in the NHS for years can't you just assume I have still not done a crime

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol turns out HMRC lied when they told me two weeks as I just got home and it's here (ordered it Friday)

Now to wait for the background check people to admit that my payslips aren't lying lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it seems they have pressed the button and emailed you the pdf as requested

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah they've just given you a bigger estimate in case there's a gently caress up so you won't call back to complain if it has taken longer.

I had to give 10 years of references (not just job history) for my last-but-one job, that was great fun, calling up businesses that had moved offices and probably had noone there from when I worked there still at the company, but hey when you have a taleo-based HR system it's gonna be poo poo. Then the place decided to shut down and made us all redundant 9 months later, really worth all that effort for!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it seems they have pressed the button and emailed you the pdf as requested

Well they posted it but yeah. The lady on the phone said it would be at least two weeks, hence why I was annoyed.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lady on the phone lol. Alright grandad last century called and wants it's anecdotes back.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

Yeah they've just given you a bigger estimate in case there's a gently caress up so you won't call back to complain if it has taken longer.
ah, the montgomery scott maneuver

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lady on the phone lol. Alright grandad last century called and wants it's anecdotes back.

If you can find a better way to deal with the civil service I'm all ears mate lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://i.imgur.com/GTQug45.mp4

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We had a big chat in our department a while back about whether any of us had ever actually seen our contract of employment. Turns out nobody could remember seeing or signing anything for years back. The civil service is weird.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

ah, the montgomery scott maneuver

Lol I was gonna say "like scotty in Star Trek" but wasn't sure of my audience

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I dunno how I'd even get ten year's worth of references: Some of the companies I've worked for don't even exist any more.

Who the gently caress would be able to remember what i was doing for them there ten years ago anyway: I certainly don't.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's all just hr departments talking to hr departments, it doesn't have to correspond to "reality" or "sense" in any way

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Yo friends I've just been given some Beta Blockers to stop me from losing my poo poo in the future. I had hoped for some sedatives but b/c of the suicide risk my doc is apprehensive.

ANYWAY
I've never had them before and I'm mega weird and nervous about having a drug that fucks around with my heart when I haven't had any type of physical examination in years. For all my doctor may know I could have mega super bad heart and so I'm not sure what to do. I've taken one now and I guess I'll try a few days and see how it goes but uhhhhh am I gonna die?????

Is there a thread for medication talk anywhere? I have a habit of obsessing over any new meds and I've suddenly been put on a bunch of new ones and WILL MY LIVER BE OKAY? I'm gonna go tee total for now at least and clearly stop any stupid drugs. Funny how I'm okay to smash some mystery white powder from people but be wary abput prescribed medications from a professional. Lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There's a couple of brain-med threads in goon doc https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=183

Beta Blockers are pretty benign, might want to check the leaflets for interactions though. They don't play well with everything.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i know we say this a lot, but please, please do not take drug drugs on beta blockers

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

W weird thing now where I've got to do coke of a key. Maybe it's a landlords thing

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My contract just appeared in my civil service jobs account. I’ve never signed anything either lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if you're on beta blockers you may struggle to get an erection

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
And if you're on an erection you may struggle to get beta blockers

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i know we say this a lot, but please, please do not take drug drugs on beta blockers

Yeah don't worry I only ever do drugs when drunk and I am not drinking and deffo not going near the pub in any way shape or form. It's all poo poo, it makes me feel like poo poo, it makes me do stupid poo poo. It's ruining my life and I need to loving live my dude.

I only took one today and holy gently caress I was able to sit still for a good few hours and just doodle without getting mega stressed or restless or focusing on the poo poo that's happened.

Felt so loving good. Maybe this stuff will really help when I'm going manic yesssss

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I struggle to get an erection. But I was assuming it was the mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Maybe I'll go watch Spiderman