Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Clint needs to give the people more of what they want: LGR Foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
He got fat as hell over the years.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's the gratuitous flamethrowered cheese and bread combos with a side of chips.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

It's the gratuitous flamethrowered cheese and bread combos with a side of chips.

This post really makes me wish for another LGR Foods vid.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bK1Lww3hY

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

YouTube needs a playback speed option quicker than 2x

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

You get a hundred and forty one thousand years and you're out in eight!
Am I wrong in enjoying Tech Deals' videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2LdvqBxph0

He's probably the least coolest guy in PeeCeeVideoReviewLand, but I admire his appeal to those that want just enough technology to run a game in a plausibly pleasant way.

He has the stare of someone that could probably be diagnosed with something psychological and the haircut that could make a Turkish barber vomit, but I dig the earnestness. Am I alone?

e: link was broken

apropos man fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 3, 2019

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

apropos man posted:

He's probably the least coolest guy in PeeCeeVideoReviewLand, but I admire his appeal to those that want just enough technology to run a game in a plausibly pleasant way.

his hair pissed me off the second i started watching it for some reason.

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

EVIL Gibson posted:

his hair pissed me off the second i started watching it for some reason.

It's a uniquely coiffured piece of art.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

apropos man posted:

He has the stare of someone that could probably be diagnosed with something psychological and the haircut that could make a Turkish barber vomit, but I dig the earnestness. Am I alone?

Yeah I actually like some of these super long winded guys as I play this stuff in the background and just go back and reply parts if I hear anything important.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Tech Deals is like the infomercial that's on when you turn the hotel TV on at 2AM in some southern city. It's got that budget "filmed in an office, not a studio" look that makes it amusing/entertaining in this dreaded "your boy comin back atcha" era of YouTube. Except unlike the infomercial he is arguably useful buying advice.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Everything about it looks like an adult swim style parody, but then the jokes never come and it's just earnest PC building advice and there's this weird moment where you realize no, you're not going to laugh.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
...how

I mean I don't care what people look like that give me tech news, but come on washing your hair a week in advance is not asking much

Happy_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 4, 2019

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Or just put a goddamn hat on for videos if you want to have disgusting hair that comes down to your eyes.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Christ on a bike. If that guy has a PO box listed I'm going to mail him some Head and Shoulders.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Just get him on whatever routine Buildzoid uses to overclock his hair.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

apropos man posted:

Dude owns. Duke Nukem haircut in a polo and veneers the man in single handedly keeping the 90's alive.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

snickothemule posted:

Dude owns. Duke Nukem haircut in a polo and veneers the man in single handedly keeping the 90's alive.

that teethy grin bothers me so much

mewse
May 2, 2006

buglord posted:

that teethy grin bothers me so much

Extremely punchable face

apropos man
Sep 5, 2016

snickothemule posted:

Haha. Nailed the haircut description that I so clumsily grappled with. LoL.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That idiot isn't really a Youtuber at all, but there's no other suitable thread for this...

https://boingboing.net/2019/06/07/ars-technica-writer-peter-brig.html

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/peter-bright-charged-soliciting-sex-minors/

Whoopsie. :yikes:

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 8, 2019

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/DrPizza/status/1026470959363051520

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ars Technica nooooo

I assume they have already scrubbed all his articles from the site

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
nah, they fired him i guess when he was arrested but all of his articles are about microsoft so uh vOv

i didn't realize his twitter handle was @drpizza until i saw atomicthumbs tweeting about it this morning, and this is firmly going in the bucket of "this simulation sucks". loving dr pizza? really? loving really writers? this is the best you can come up with?

kudos to him for falling for [Honeypot] Open honeypot looking for people to fall for this obvious honeypot Posted by: fbiagent0034

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wait wait wait... Peter Bright of Ars Technica was arrested for pedophilia? I mean one look at his photo and you'd instantly say "no loving poo poo" but lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
How will ars ever find somebody else to copy and paste Windows patch notes into articles? :ohdear:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Phone posted:

i didn't realize his twitter handle was @drpizza until i saw atomicthumbs tweeting about it this morning, and this is firmly going in the bucket of "this simulation sucks". loving dr pizza? really? loving really writers? this is the best you can come up
To be fair, he had that nickname for years before this pizza gate bullshit already.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

To be fair, he had that nickname for years before this pizza gate bullshit already.

pizza=cp has been around far longer than pizzagate

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheese+pizza

since 2010 at least

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

There were allegations a few years back that multiple people at the top of the organization were involved in something extremely unsavory. At the time I just dismissed it as sour grapes from someone who got fired or something, but now I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

K8.0 posted:

There were allegations a few years back that multiple people at the top of the organization were involved in something extremely unsavory. At the time I just dismissed it as sour grapes from someone who got fired or something, but now I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come.

What organization? Ars Technica?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

repiv posted:

pizza=cp has been around far longer than pizzagate

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheese+pizza

since 2010 at least
TIL.

Well, Whoops Part Two.

--edit:
Actually, there's people on the Ars forum complaining that it's a stupid nickname, dated around September 2000, so eh.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Combat Pretzel posted:

--edit:
Actually, there's people on the Ars forum complaining that it's a stupid nickname, dated around September 2000, so eh.

Hang on, lemme dig up my regdate 2000 ars technica forum account so I can necro it with "MODS KNEW"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Catching up on Computex stuff and this is why I love Tech Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1XwvUdcjQ

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Just chiming in to say Linus sucks and I hate his stupid face and voice

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
That fat piece of poo poo was known to be an edgelord. I read the FBI indictment and it makes me want to puke.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I couldn't find a better thread to post this in but holy poo poo the Tech Report site redesign is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwfulllllllllllll.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

That's ok, techreport itself has become pretty awful since Wasson left. It's unfortunate. I hate to see it die this death because it used to be a really unique and useful site, but these days it's just a really generic tech site. When was the last time they were the first ones to hit on any bit of technical news or anything, the way Wasson used to?

Quality tech sites really tend to be driven by a single person, and once they step back from that driving role the sites never are able to stay relevant.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Just chiming in to say Linus sucks and I hate his stupid face and voice

On the flip side Anthony from LTT has been garnering a cult following for his smooth voice and non-annoyingness. I don't mind Linus that much and Anthony is great.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Jay from Tek Everything is a pretty sweet dude. He covers tech and home entertainment, but has a pretty big interest in ITX productivity & gaming builds. He sorta fell off the side of the earth in the past year, but it looks like he's back to producing stuff. In the age of whacky youtube personalities, its nice to see folks who are natural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Purgatory Glory posted:

On the flip side Anthony from LTT has been garnering a cult following for his smooth voice and non-annoyingness. I don't mind Linus that much and Anthony is great.

It helps that Anthony clearly knows his poo poo and is apparently king nerd of their office.

I like Riley too because he’s a normie who Linus tries to dunk on