Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I only recognize egm and sexybamboe from that team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

gorgc is a swedish pubstar who's been toying around with going pro a few times but never quite making it. Think he was like top10 rank at one point. Stormstormer is an upandcoming mid pubstar I think?

e: "Stormstormer has 10,000 games in Dota and 2500 games on invoker. " :yikes:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Congrats gorgc

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Are we finally witnessing the return of enter god mode

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
If you don't know gorp you neither know dota nor yourself.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The Korea + Gunnar stack in SEA closed quals are currently 4-0.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It would be good and cool to see Grimstroke single-handedly win a TI main event set for a team, IMO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
These are the saddest Chronos.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I am glad that SB + dark seer offlane does not seem to do much, because in pubs it would be pure cancer.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Letting Sven free farm for 20 minutes is a great way to get into TI.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
SEA region has been crazy. The March stack is sitting at first place while Mineski also made the the top 4. They were so close to getting eliminated, but they really stepped up. Biggest upset was BOOM ID getting knocked out from groups imo.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Gorgc is a decent streamer and it was cool to hear full comms during the qualifying.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

gorgc is a swedish pubstar who's been toying around with going pro a few times but never quite making it. Think he was like top10 rank at one point. Stormstormer is an upandcoming mid pubstar I think?

e: "Stormstormer has 10,000 games in Dota and 2500 games on invoker. " :yikes:

Stormstormer played on Waga stack a while back.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Navi currently getting Slarked

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

succ posted:

Gorgc is a decent streamer and it was cool to hear full comms during the qualifying.

hes mostly a chill dude but when he tilts, he tilts hard and its pretty funny

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sugar free jazz posted:

hes mostly a chill dude but when he tilts, he tilts hard and its pretty funny

Didn't he recently tilt so hard he smashed a monitor

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheRat posted:

Lol yes

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveDreamySaladStoneLightning

Whats funny is that google pulls up multiple instance of this happening

https://www.twitch.tv/gorgc/clip/ObliqueSpicyMartenAMPEnergyCherry?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If Gambit wins this game does it set off a huge tiebreaker mess for the CIS playoff seeding? Guess if Nemiga wins also.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Haven’t been following cis since work but holy poo poo there’s drama:

https://twitter.com/GambitEsports/status/1148228740922691585

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
what happened?

edit:
https://twitter.com/BeyondTheSummit/status/1148185279250874369

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

They're going to flog him like a hog, right?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My man fuckin rage quit out in a TI qual and might not even make playoffs

E: what’s worse is that they also lost to eliminated team: flytomoon. Goddamn

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
SA qualifiers are almost guaranteed to be won by a Peruvian team this year because of packet loss lmao

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Libertine posted:

If Gambit wins this game does it set off a huge tiebreaker mess for the CIS playoff seeding? Guess if Nemiga wins also.

Yeah, if they both lose there are no tiebreakers, if one of them wins they presumably play a nice, clean GSL bracket, and if both win all hell breaks loose.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

TheRat posted:

yea it owned

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Maximum tiebreaker chaos avoided, and it actually looks like there won’t be any at all.

Gambit — ranked #13 in DPC, 7-8 finisher at Epicenter, clear favorites in the CIS qualifier — came into today 3-1, lost all three games, and is out of TI.

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 8, 2019

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

rjmccall posted:

Maximum tiebreaker chaos avoided, and it actually looks like there won’t be any at all.

Gambit — ranked #13 in DPC, 7-8 finisher at Epicenter, clear favorites in the CIS qualifier — came into today 3-1, lost all three games, and is out of TI.

The biggest implosion of all time. I feel so bad for fng

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
At the end of the day, Gambit lost to mid Silencer and that says a lot about the team.

More relevantly, Gambit drafted extremely badly and hardly picked any of the heroes they had success on in the past.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
gonna hazard a guess that the team environment was not good even before afo decided to shoot himself in the dick publicly

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/1148300820464586752?s=19

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I still can’t believe that gambit died this way lmao

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Because every region has the insane amount of money bags that China has lmao

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

That's cool and bringing new talent into the game is good imho

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

tote up a bags posted:

That's cool and bringing new talent into the game is good imho

I mean, it also gives those teams a monopoly on new players and basically means you can't ever have new teams emerge on the scene. There's a reason why Valve should be the one in charge of this kind of stuff rather than a collection of teams.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sampatrick posted:

I mean, it also gives those teams a monopoly on new players and basically means you can't ever have new teams emerge on the scene. There's a reason why Valve should be the one in charge of this kind of stuff rather than a collection of teams.

China has been the best region to develop talent for quite some time so you’re pretty wrong here friend.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Yeah and the alternative is “nothing lol”, soooooo sure yeah create an actual minor league Dota scene

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It's really telling on oneself to frame requests to the company that many essentially depend on for their livelihood as "crying"

I don't think anyone is asking Valve for a development league anyway. People want more equitable prize distribution, for the minors to be an end unto themselves, and for the DPC to leave some air for development leagues to exist

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

China has been the best region to develop talent for quite some time so you’re pretty wrong here friend.

Uh based on what? Like, financially sure, but in terms of finding new players, that's basically never been true. Chinese contracts are also extremely draconian and have extremely severe penalties for trying to leave. Giving established Chinese teams even more power over up and coming players seems like a huge mistake to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't think Valve gives a poo poo about growing Dota anymore, to the extent that they ever did care