Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Outdoor food court > indoor food court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco can only add on whole pizzas at the checkout. But the self serve kiosk is usually faster anyway, because instead of having two employees running a register, it's just one on a register for people paying with cash, and the other one is freed up to get all the food from kiosk orders.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Got the AirPods 2 from Costco for what seemed like an insane price only to find out they aren’t the wireless charging case. Still a great price Jim bless

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
The dumb people chat reminds me of one of my all time favourite calls we received.
Guy FURIOUS that Costco was charging his credit card twice every time he went. Every time there was a mysterious charge a couple minutes after the original transaction, always for the same amount and he was totally going to sue Costco to the ground for stealing from him.

Turns out the guy got a $1.50 100% beef quarter pound hotdog with drink and refill on the way out after every visit. I do kinda admire his dedication to the dog.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Got the AirPods 2 from Costco for what seemed like an insane price only to find out they aren’t the wireless charging case. Still a great price Jim bless
How much did you pay?

I've never used AirPods and thought they were stupid, but I just got the Jabra Elite Active 65t wireless ear buds with a wireless charging case on friday, and they're so fuckign good holy hell. how did I go with corded earbuds for so long?? stays in well while running and super comfortable, and the freedom of not getting cords loving tangled everywhere is so great. I like that there's a pass-through option so i can sit at my desk and hear if someone talks to me since it pipes outside audio through the microphones--which i can just turn on/off. I went the Amazon Warehouse route for a like-new and got em in great condition for $139. Would highly recommend if someone is the market for some wireless buds

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

They have two case options? I did not notice that before!

I am eyeballing the new powerbeats pro because I like a sealed earbud rather than the more open like the airpod. I have a set of beatsx and I love them. The pros are still a bit spendy though.

Also eyeballed the Jabras at costco this week, they seem too small and easy to lose and it scares me :haw:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Math You posted:

The dumb people chat reminds me of one of my all time favourite calls we received.
Guy FURIOUS that Costco was charging his credit card twice every time he went. Every time there was a mysterious charge a couple minutes after the original transaction, always for the same amount and he was totally going to sue Costco to the ground for stealing from him.

Turns out the guy got a $1.50 100% beef quarter pound hotdog with drink and refill on the way out after every visit. I do kinda admire his dedication to the dog.

Wow he really couldn't puzzle out that mystery for himself?

One time I was the stupid person at Costco according to this one guy due to me using the paper membership card because I was too lazy to get the laminated card. The guy boxing up my groceries gave me a look like I was the biggest idiot he had ever seen and said "it's right over there, it takes two minutes!"

I laughed to mask the tears, paid, got a turkey pesto and left without getting the card.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
why do the costco cart retrieval people not get those electric cart pushing machines? lots of smaller stores have those. seems like they'd need them even more in giant costco parking lot with lines of 40+ giant costco carts

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DELETE CASCADE posted:

why do the costco cart retrieval people not get those electric cart pushing machines? lots of smaller stores have those. seems like they'd need them even more in giant costco parking lot with lines of 40+ giant costco carts

They definitely have them at the location I go to, looks pretty nifty.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

I never really noticed this before...I feel like I've def seen them before. :iiam: Costco is like, the only place where being a "cart pusher" isn't immediately considered a dead end job.

Anyway, gotta go to THE CO' and buy some Kirkland RUM for a tropical island party/wedding.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I never really noticed this before...I feel like I've def seen them before. :iiam: Costco is like, the only place where being a "cart pusher" isn't immediately considered a dead end job.

Anyway, gotta go to THE CO' and buy some Kirkland RUM for a tropical island party/wedding.

I can't say I've even seen an electric cart pusher in years now that I think about it. I suspect they were expensive solutions for problems that didn't exist, so they probably all broke down and were never replaced.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't say I've even seen an electric cart pusher in years now that I think about it. I suspect they were expensive solutions for problems that didn't exist, so they probably all broke down and were never replaced.

Could also be that the manager isn't trying to actively kill the cart pushers by making them overexert themselves. The few years I worked at the good ol' wallymarts, our cart pushers would haul MASSIVE lines of carts by hand. If they were too slow or understaffed they would get one of us sorry saps from the back of house to help push carts until the racks were full. It became kinda like a quiet game of one upping each other on who can take the biggest line of carts in. Aka hurting our backs to look cool :c00lbutt:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Wow he really couldn't puzzle out that mystery for himself?

One time I was the stupid person at Costco according to this one guy due to me using the paper membership card because I was too lazy to get the laminated card. The guy boxing up my groceries gave me a look like I was the biggest idiot he had ever seen and said "it's right over there, it takes two minutes!"

I laughed to mask the tears, paid, got a turkey pesto and left without getting the card.

This is easier said than done. Yeah it only takes like two minutes, but depending on how busy it is you could be standing in line for 10+ minutes before they can even do anything for you.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

The answer I was told when I asked a manager that question years ago was that if they had the electric cart pushers then they would end up paying the cart people less as a result, and they didn't want to do that. But Costco does tell the cart guys not to push more than a certain amount of carts at a time to avoid a greater risk of injury.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Our Costco most definitely has the red electric cart pusher things with the yellow lights on top.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
My Costco does not, and I imagine that it's in part because navigating the parking lot is a nightmare in itself, without needing to factor in 100 cart long lines you have to wait for.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

The Midniter posted:

I don't know if anyone's not aware of this CostcoHack™, but when you're checking out at the normal register, you can ask the cashier to add a hot dog/sausage/pizza etc. to your total order, after which you just need to get in line at the cafe and show them your receipt. No self-serve kiosk required, no cash or additional card swipe necessary.

We've done this a couple of times but it isn't like the register kicks over a message to the food court or anything so at the end of the transaction you just hear a gutteral "half pep half combo!!!!!" from the cashier. Then they tell you to show em the receipt anyway because there's a line and they didn't hear the war cry.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My Costco has indoor parking for like 500 cars or more, it’s an enormous warehouse. Is that normal? I’ve only been to one lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

My Costco has indoor parking for like 500 cars or more, it’s an enormous warehouse. Is that normal? I’ve only been to one lol

whoa what

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My costco parking lot has a lot of non euclidian angles and causes madness in the elderly

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah it’s like a building for some warehouse company that went tits up two years in, Costco swept it up the next year. Let me see if I can find a pic, probably not.

E nm my posting goons could play dox the mod with tineye

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 8, 2019

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Almost every one in East Asia that I've been to is like that, but they are always usually multistory shopping areas as well.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah it’s like a building for some warehouse company that went tits up two years in, Costco swept it up the next year. Let me see if I can find a pic, probably not.

E nm my posting goons could play dox the mod with tineye

The Waltham, MA Costco has parking underneath it. It's very tight and there's lots of concrete columns everywhere.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

fordham posted:

The Waltham, MA Costco has parking underneath it. It's very tight and there's lots of concrete columns everywhere.

Nah this is cavernous almost spooky, single ground level but three stories high space. Wide parking spots, lane markers,etc. winter loading is a breeze. It was a warehouse so.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I've seen some things at the food court today... Dude walks up to the soda machine with a plastic bag that I think is actually for ice, but it's empty. He proceeds to fill up the bag with ice from the machine, took like 5 minutes. Then he offered me and my kids his chicken Caesar salad. I declined but he proceeds to dump just the chicken in the trash. So he was just offering the chicken, I guess!

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

priznat posted:

Yeah I am not impressed by the kiosk, there is no real indication that they have your order and the mob of people just crushes up to the counter so you have to fight your way through it to claim your dog once they announce your number.

Really like most things costco related it is the terrible customers that gently caress it up.

I've had mixed results, but things have improved over time. After six months of having them here they seem be mostly dialed in and far faster than the line. My least favorite thing about them is that the order numbers aren't sequential, so you don't have any idea if your order is next or five down the line.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I find the Kiosk has been a lot better. People just wait for the ticket to be called instead of swarming the pickup portion of the counter like animals.

Last night I was at a store with no kiosk and ordered 30 chicken wings and just hung out towards the back cuz I knew it'd be a bit.
Of course the next guy to order 30 wings five minutes after me rushed the counter and I had to remind him he's not the only cocksucker on the planet when he tried to jack my order. Luckily he wasn't a total asswipe and released my chicken once I showed him the timestamp on my receipt and got him to compare.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Grem posted:

I've seen some things at the food court today... Dude walks up to the soda machine with a plastic bag that I think is actually for ice, but it's empty. He proceeds to fill up the bag with ice from the machine, took like 5 minutes. Then he offered me and my kids his chicken Caesar salad. I declined but he proceeds to dump just the chicken in the trash. So he was just offering the chicken, I guess!

Saw a woman do the same bagging up ice thing at my Co. Is this a new trend?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Math You posted:

Last night I was at a store with no kiosk and ordered 30 chicken wings and just hung out towards the back cuz I knew it'd be a bit.
Of course the next guy to order 30 wings five minutes after me rushed the counter and I had to remind him he's not the only cocksucker on the planet when he tried to jack my order. Luckily he wasn't a total asswipe and released my chicken once I showed him the timestamp on my receipt and got him to compare.

I've never heard of wings at Costco, and it somewhat intrigues me. I'm worried they are just going to be premade frozen wings run through the pizza oven though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Olanphonia posted:

Saw a woman do the same bagging up ice thing at my Co. Is this a new trend?

I think a few people mentioned they always see people from some Asian country filling up bags of onions from the dispenser. :shrug:

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

binge crotching posted:

I've never heard of wings at Costco, and it somewhat intrigues me. I'm worried they are just going to be premade frozen wings run through the pizza oven though.

They're only in Canada because we already have deep fryers for fries and chicken strips.

They're good, but not amazing. They come plain so they don't immediately get soggy and are good that way. You get little sauce packages you can use to dip or pour into the bucket and shake

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There's never any ice at my Costco, and normally only one of the three machines produces any. Now I know why.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think a few people mentioned they always see people from some Asian country filling up bags of onions from the dispenser. :shrug:

My grandpa does this at buffets. Except instead of onions it's sesame seed cookies. Old man logic is that: A. I payed for the buffet already and B. It's all you can steal cuz I already paid.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Costco had Birkenstock sandals on the website July 1st. I checked again for them last night... all gone. Holy poo poo those clear out fast.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I saw (organic) Strawberry Lemonade at my Costco a couple weeks ago. Picked up a 2-pack to try it out. It's pretty good, but now I can't find it anymore. Gone already?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
My local food court switched to the new pizza dough.

It’s… not very good pizza. Very not good, even.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lazyhound posted:

I didn't know they were changing their dough. Hmm...Interesting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

The older thinner dough was much better.

I’m not a fan of the thick one.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

FogHelmut posted:

Outdoor food court > indoor food court

When your daily average temperature from April to September are all 95°+ and your humidity is always above 60%, I assure you indoor wins.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Or when it gets to -50F with windchill. That dog will be absolutely cold in under a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I went to book a car and the price Costco had was about $100 more than what kayak.com had - any benefits to Costco rental vs on kayak?