Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Nthing loving migraines, so glad you had one instead of a stroke though. I get painless migraines that come with ocular auras and the first time I got one I was convinced I was going blind. Lots of fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Faerie Fortune posted:

Its called a Hemiplegic Migraine and it mimics the symptoms of a stroke almost exactly, which is worrying as poo poo if you don't know that's what's happening. I'm glad I went to the hospital to make sure but spending four hours in triage with some of the most irritating people in the universe was not how I was planning on spending my Sunday afternoon!

Christ, and here I was thinking migraines were already bad enough. I haven't had one in a few years now at least, thank god, and I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious even though it sucked. :gibs:

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

Patrovsky posted:

Did you also get Scallop a sausage in bread?

I wish.

I always end up going after the sausage sizzle is finished for the day.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

There was a galah at the vet yesterday and she was ADORABLE. She wasn’t really into scritches but she would hold my finger in her hand :3: :3: :3:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Serra, I stay under the covers for a few hours after I wake up because my legs are messed up. You are supposed to do adorable things to keep me occupied.

Get out of there. That isn't a nest.

(Big Surprise : She laid an egg a few hours later.)

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Is it bad that the first thing I noticed in that comic is that the bird's toes are wrong? Parrots have zygodactyl feet, dummy

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

EVIL Gibson posted:

Keep those shells in! Free calcium. Birds eat them in the wild when they feel the food supply to feed the chicks might not be enough. Also when the chicks hatch, first thing they do is eat the shells to get those minerals back.

Break up the shells so they dont have to rip it up to fit in their beaks.

Let it cool so its not burning your finger when you stick your finger in. Serve it at this temperature and not cold.

Got it... I will just break up the shells then into tiny bits then. I think I will add a little coconut oil to cook the egg with also. I have some chop to add in the am so I think I am good to go :) I think probably tomorrow I will try this, so we will give an update on what the two food critics think of it :P

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Guys, science has confirmed that cockatoos can dance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjr8MsB1qo
(actually the naming of Snowball's moves is very :3: )

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jul/08/cockatoo-choreographs-his-own-dance-moves-researchers-believe

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

That bird's a better dancer than I am.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

oh my gosh I love him so much look at him go!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Nothing quite like busting a move with full on fluffy puffinchops.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I joined the bandwagon and made terra her own omelette

I think she likes it you guys

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Y'all are making me crave eggs.

old blurry pic of banane eating eggs. :3

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Vogue made me laugh out loud.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

those happy chops, omg

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Vogue made me laugh out loud.

Made me think of The Birdcage and "Madonna! Madonna! Madonna!"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

There's a brief related article where the Guardian's actual dance critic reviews Snowball's moves lol

quote:

He’s got the “foot lift down swing”, which is where things start getting interesting, a combination move involving some serious coordination of body-swinging and leg-lifting. This bird’s balance is rock solid, 10 out of 10 for core stability. And my favourite, the side-to-side sway, where this dude of a cockatoo drops his cool and is all embarrassing-dancer-at-the-disco. A step that could be accompanied by some gentle jazz hands, if Snowball had hands. Or maybe a phone waving in the air, but again, the hands. His grand finale is the “vogue”, nothing like actual vogueing (because, hands) but a head sway side to side, with, am I imagining it, just a little bit of sassy attitude? And one foot raised upwards as if to casually say, I’m owning this.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Omelettes for birbs, omelette for me!

Mine: cabbage and carrot, cheese, salt and pepper, garlic seasoning. Theirs: cabbage and carrot, eggshell.
They've so far refused to touch it. I slaved over a hot stove for you jerks.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

yeah ngl I didn't try the omelette thing because I know exactly how it will pan out.

Charlemagne: will accept a piece, consume it, probably enjoy it, but as I don't eat egg dishes and will thus be eating something else, denounce it as the inferior choice and start trying to eat what I'm eating instead.

Amadeus: will grab the piece, fling it, yell BABY in annoyance that I dared give him something so gross and inedible, and bite me.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

It could've gone either way with these two. I know Sera likes egg, and is happy enough to steal some of mine. I was so proud that I got such tiny omelettes to fold properly, too.

I'll leave it out for them for a bit, in case they change their mind. They may.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pookie thinks omelettes are ok but she'd much rather eat pancakes.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RoboRodent posted:

I was so proud that I got such tiny omelettes to fold properly, too.

:laffo: I'm sorry girl, you did good

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

yeah ngl I didn't try the omelette thing because I know exactly how it will pan out.

Charlemagne: will accept a piece, consume it, probably enjoy it, but as I don't eat egg dishes and will thus be eating something else, denounce it as the inferior choice and start trying to eat what I'm eating instead.

Amadeus: will grab the piece, fling it, yell BABY in annoyance that I dared give him something so gross and inedible, and bite me.

Ama is such a diva :allears:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Y'all are making me crave eggs.

old blurry pic of banane eating eggs. :3
How's your new one doing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Of course he yells BABY, don't you see that he can't get no satisfaction?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

FactsAreUseless posted:

Of course he yells BABY, don't you see that he can't get no satisfaction?
lmbo

Also I am lying out at the beach and just opened my eyes to an enormous (looking) seagull standing over me threateningly :whitewater: :whitewater: :whitewater:
e: you guys might like my beach towel

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 9, 2019

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Serra just laid another egg.

On me.

She has now laid two eggs physically on me.

Her vet appointment is soon, but I’m going to have a picture of my anti nesting solution.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Look at this smug nesty bird. She has been refusing to stop laying eggs and just deposited one on me.

My solution? Egg crates! Oh the irony!

She is still sleepy from laying the egg, but in her cage now. She is doing a few minutes of staring at the floor, then a few minutes napping.

So help me if she instantly goes down there and starts ripping everything up...

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

FactsAreUseless posted:

How's your new one doing?

He's good! He's still not cool with fingers but if I approach super slowly I can scritch him (he makes whichever cheek being pet go super fluffy and he tilts his head, which I take as "go on"). Same with stepping up - I have to approach super slowly.

He did not eat the eggs I offered him today. :(

Also Serra just wants to be a mom. :(((( (with you)

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
Scallop's bird vet visit went well.

General health check, blood test, and dna sexing. Vet was very happy with his health and my care of him.

I originally wanted to get his wings clipped but was talked out of it. The vet also suggested a second cockatiel since I'm at work all day, not something I was planning on but the cage is big enough for two. So once gender is confirmed I'll look at finding a friend for him.

One thing I need to change is the diet. He's still on seeds but I alternate between a seed reward and pellet reward, so he knows pellets are food. I switched out the main seed bowl with pellets and moved the second bowl with a small amount of seed. He immediately started eating the pellets, so I'll call that a win. I'll monitor his weight for a few weeks as I start taking the seeds away.

Scallop did manage to escape at the end of the examination, flew up into the ceiling and came crashing down. This was after blood was taken and he had been handled by the vet (was not happy, I know what his screech of pure hate sounds like now). Once he was home all he wanted was head scratches and to puff up next to me while making his baby bird groans. I'm guessing he was a bit sore.

Also there was someone with a GCC at the vet, it was such a cutie. It seemed pretty puzzled that my shoe box was making bird noises.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
So, we made the birdie omelets this morning...apparently, the food critics said HELLS to the NAW and threw it everywhere and complained bitterly until they had an early lunch.

They were forced to eat PELLETS instead of a yummy breakfast....oh the horrors.

I got yelled at with "NOT OK" and "Was it yummy??" in increasing volumes as they systematically threw it out of their bowls. At least the lowly offering of birdie bread was acceptable.

Sigh.

Just what I needed...2 birds channeling Gordon Ramsey :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Disco Salmon posted:

I got yelled at with "NOT OK" and "Was it yummy??" in increasing volumes as they systematically threw it out of their bowls. At least the lowly offering of birdie bread was acceptable.

Sigh.

Just what I needed...2 birds channeling Gordon Ramsey :(

I genuinely cannot stop laughing at this right now, fyi

e:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 10, 2019

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/3RMqYOw.mp4
Sound!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

If you aren't following tiel twitter how are you even living

https://twitter.com/terrathetiel/status/1148899623425249280?s=19

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Terra is indeed a pro follow

Also, had a silly idea, googled it, and found someone had done it already.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Wh..What kind of bird is that? I need dancing rubber duck.

and lol, Pesto keeps attracting this pretty dark dark brown pigeon to the balcony. :3:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

aww, thanks you guys! :3: I'm glad terra's antics amuse everyone else as much as they amuse me!

Please enjoy more baby tiel pictures

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/NamVSsM.mp4
Turn on sound!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I genuinely cannot stop laughing at this right now, fyi

e:

thats almost exactly how it went down too lol I made it up to them this am tho...i gave them their usual brekkie with EXTRA birdie bread with birdie syrup on it. (Crushed berries over top)

The overlords were pleased with my small offering, and much beak smacking was observed, with occasional "mmmm's" thrown in. I MIGHT be forgiven...

.... for the moment

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 10, 2019