Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had to look it up because "Antisocial Organizations" is kind of vague. From what I dug up, it means they went to Yakuza parties and accepted money from the Yakuza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
Hard gay yakuza party sounds like a GREAT time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

I had to look it up because "Antisocial Organizations" is kind of vague.

That’s Japan-bureaucracy-speak for organized crime yes. It’s the standard Japanese phrase and English translation to my knowledge.

And yeah this has already led to various TV programs getting the temporary hook. Watching people tap-dance around is amusing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Man I wish Kookie would have lasted longer on Documental S3. But his comeback as a Zombie was loving amazing.

Has anybody fansubbed the other seasons of Midnight Diner?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
TOOS

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
the amount of foreskin play in documental s3 is astounding

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I watched Season 6 of Documental unsubbed and it was outstanding, I hope it gets subbed in a timely matter

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So I just started season 2 of Documental and I wanted to know if Strawberry Candy is a play on words in Japanese or was it funny because it was random?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ultraman Taiga is off to a fun start! His henshin video is dymanic and fun for the old Taro fans. I like that there is borrowing of powers from other Ultras, but not costume changes to combine like the past few series.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 6, 2019

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

koshmar posted:

So I just started season 2 of Documental and I wanted to know if Strawberry Candy is a play on words in Japanese or was it funny because it was random?

I believe it was just random English words that Jimmy going was for. It may have some other reference though.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RealFoxy posted:

I watched Season 6 of Documental unsubbed and it was outstanding, I hope it gets subbed in a timely matter

How many seasons of Documental are out already? I'm always shocked at finding "new" stuff that has been out for years in other countries.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

How many seasons of Documental are out already? I'm always shocked at finding "new" stuff that has been out for years in other countries.
Season 7 just launched. Season 6 has a sizable female cast and they all blow it out of the water

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RealFoxy posted:

Season 7 just launched. Season 6 has a sizable female cast and they all blow it out of the water

gently caress these can’t come soon enough

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

It looks like the guys over at TeamGaki are prepping to release the final three parts together? I mean it's been quite some time now so I'm not holding out hope for anything amazing, but parts 8, 9 and 10 all slowly but surely moved over to "Quality/English Check" which is the last step before prepping for release. So whenever they get through that task in 4 months they'll probably release the last couple of parts all at once and last years Batsu Game will finally be watchable from start to finish without me having to guess what's going on.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Parts 8 and 9 just came out.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been waiting for the Endo singing part for a long time and it finally appears at the end of part 9. It's funny since we've known about it ever since we saw the incredible Tonbo challenge.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

And 10 just came out too, so it's done!

E: Have I forgotten it or was there no Jimmy this year? Also it's nice to see Heipo make an actual appearance, seems he's doing better now. :unsmith: Adding him to the nighttime segment was a really smart idea.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 13, 2019

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Don't die, little thread!

Someone posted this on the Gaki reddit and it has a few things I'd not seen. The Matsumoto/Matsuko Deluxe date is a good one.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Anyone been watching anything good lately?

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
New Terrace House series came out on Netflix recently! Tokyo 2019-2020. Kinda different vibe from Opening New Doors, I'm like 5 episodes in and there's been so many dates.

Nothing groundbreaking yet but I'll check in more if it gets real good.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

New season of terrace house definitely gets better.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I heard rumor that they weren't even really living in the house this year, which kind of bummed me out. I know everything that happens on the show is scripted as hell, but the fact that they actually lived together made it such that some authenticity would still seep through.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I think they only have to live together maybe half of the week? Who really cares though

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Acer Pilot posted:

I think they only have to live together maybe half of the week? Who really cares though

Everything You and Torichan ever told me is a lie :negative:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

This was subbed recently, a sort-of Kiki episode of GnT where the guys get a set of ingredients and have to cook something out of them.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This was a funny episode.

I'm eagerly waiting for a subbed version of the table games episodes 4 and 5 which aired last summer.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah the tabletop games episodes are gems and I hope someone subs the new ones.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20190606/p2a/00m/0et/004000c

Congrats to Yamachan!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Man, Wednesday Downtown can be downright ruthless with some of the pranks they pull. The one where they stalk Kuro-chan through Twitter is nuts and loving hilarious.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Two different bus sightings this year. One had an icon with one of those square-top black graduation hats, and then one detailing in English some sort of institute probably for higher learning.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

People suggested some kind of athlete thing to go with the 2020 Olympics theme, but guess they're going for university (school theme again)? After all, we've already had high school and teachers.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I was in Japan recently and saw an episode of something called DOCTOR-X which looked amazing. Is that floating around subbed anywhere?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Nessus posted:

I was in Japan recently and saw an episode of something called DOCTOR-X which looked amazing. Is that floating around subbed anywhere?

It looks like it was on Amazon Prime in the US up until just recently. Right now, the show page says "Our agreements with the content provider don’t allow purchases of this title at this time," so who knows when or if that'll ever get straightened out. I'd have to imagine there are rips doing the rounds in pirate land.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It’s probably because they just started a new season, which only makes sense in the land of Japanese TV rights.

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Two different bus sightings this year. One had an icon with one of those square-top black graduation hats, and then one detailing in English some sort of institute probably for higher learning.

Graduation hats is mostly a university thing in Japan so it’s probably to do with that.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

New Gaki board game episode

Part 1
Part 2

When Matsumoto slid the "1" card to the table I almost passed out from laughing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This year’s Gaki was pretty drat funny, but also rewards a bit of knowledge of Japanese celebrity scandal.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

New Gaki board game episode

Part 1
Part 2

When Matsumoto slid the "1" card to the table I almost passed out from laughing.

Super, I love these.

I actually picked up Ghost Blitz (known as Blitz over here) after seeing it featured on the first table game episode and it's really fun with friends.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I also bought ghost blitz because of these segments. It's a fun game to play with family. Also got speed cups too. Fun as well but I'm terrible at it.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

The first two parts of the batsu are up over at TeamGaki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They seem to be mixing things up too. They also did a new Kiki episode very recently, but it hasn't been subbed yet.