Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Most people use scissors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
War and Peace is much more approachable than it is reputed to be, just a lot more time and events are covered than a typical novel. More like a multi season television show than a movie.

The thing to claim to have read to hate on russian communists is The Gulag Archipelago, which is incredibly long, detailed, and absolutely gut wrenching.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

Cat looks dope with a mohawk.

Seriously, this cat's haircut owns. I don't even know how they did that, it doesn't look like it was originally a long-haired cat

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phlegmish posted:

Seriously, this cat's haircut owns. I don't even know how they did that, it doesn't look like it was originally a long-haired cat

It looks like they just brushed him a bunch then made a sort of wig from the brushed out hair.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Facebook Aunt posted:

It looks like they just brushed him a bunch then made a sort of wig from the brushed out hair.

Yeah, it's a thing. Also hats made out of their own brushed hair:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Fools Infinite posted:

The thing to claim to have read to hate on russian communists is The Gulag Archipelago, which is incredibly long, detailed, and absolutely gut wrenching.

If you can't get your hate on for the Bolsheviks through Solzhenitsyn, just try Shalamov. Why not just read Shalamov if you wanted to be lazy, it's mostly short stories. "Comrade Injector" is two paragraphs and scathing.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I enjoyed watching this cat in Jojo's Diamonds are Forever

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Fools Infinite posted:

War and Peace is much more approachable than it is reputed to be, just a lot more time and events are covered than a typical novel. More like a multi season television show than a movie.

I'd say it's more like an extended universe style collection of movies. A multi-season TV show still follows the same relatively small cast of characters.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Parrotine posted:

I enjoyed watching this cat in Jojo's Diamonds are Forever

It's Diamond is Unbreakable, JEEZE

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The real difficult to read russian book is The Brothers Karamazov compilation. Trying to follow that all the way through Dostoevsky's tortured imagineering on the dangers of secularism in late-Czarist Russia, without any knowledge of Russian aphorism, social rules or nicknaming conventions was torturous.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It was always the naming conventions that got me. I couldn’t keep track of who was who

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

What a clever way to decide what friends to cut out.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

there's a Forklift News Network, for christ's sake

https://www.forkliftaction.com/

Finally, some uplifting news.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/oliviabradley88/status/1148958211531268099

https://twitter.com/mikelivorio_/status/1149005251267239937

Inch High Incel Guy

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jim DiGriz posted:

Finally, some uplifting news.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Inch high the incel guy
*guitar riff*
*incel rules*
Inch! Inch! Inch! Inch!
Inch high the incel guy

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/SIDECHAIN3D/status/1149070307099123713

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah, it's a thing. Also hats made out of their own brushed hair:

my utmost respect to people who can make a hat from fur, put it on a cat, and have it sit long enough for a photo. my cats rush to chew up the brush before i can even put it away.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

Inch high the incel guy
*guitar riff*
*incel rules*
Inch! Inch! Inch! Inch!
Inch high the incel guy

Genuinely, guy should be on a watchlist, he's prime terrorist material - short temper, angry at the world and everyone in it, huge chip on his shoulder

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, that restaurant is going to get a big boycott when the Lollipop Guild hears what happened.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drone_Fragger posted:

Genuinely, guy should be on a watchlist, he's prime terrorist material - short temper, angry at the world and everyone in it, huge chip on his shoulder

There's some small comfort that if he does do something heinous and the Feds need to search high and low for him, they can rule out half of the possibilities from the start.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Calm down a little, man

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

huge chip on his shoulder

It's actually not that huge, but perspective...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Calm down, a little man

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Johnny Aztec posted:

I call bullshit that he read War and Peace. gently caress, I am incredibly skeptical of anyone who has claimed to read it.

I’d be more interested in it if Tolstoy kept his original title for it: War, What is it Good For?

Absolutely nothin’

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/80skillerqueen/status/1148985212732354560

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stop! You've disobeyed the law and posted stolen images!
Source: https://www.buzzfeed.com/pedrofequiere/disney-villain-face-swaps-that-will-destroy-your-childhood

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Like I give a gently caress about BuzzFeed losing clicks.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Tony Snark posted:

There's some small comfort that if he does do something heinous and the Feds need to search high and low for him, they can rule out half of the possibilities from the start.

:master:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gaston is prime avatar material.

Edit: And Yzma.

Edit: And Tiana.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

*ralph wiggums stiffly through a window into the thread, picks himself up, and words tumble out of his mouth like so many turd pellets from a goat* The Buck Stops Here

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Gaston is prime avatar material.

Edit: And Yzma.

Edit: And Tiana.

Hot Jafar is pretty great.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Drone_Fragger posted:

Theres no excuse for being an angry incel, but based on his rant, you just gotta lol at this poor bastards chances trying online dating. OKCupid said a 5'2" dude had to have a listed income over 250k/yr to get the response rate of a 6ft guy making minimum wage. This lovely little gently caress looks to be even shorter than that AND he looks poor, AND he dresses like hes 12.

Even in the event he got "stop being an rear end in a top hat" pills and learned to dress himself, i dont know how i'd suggest he actually go about finding a partner, standard online dating just aint gonna work. Dude just needs to join a monastery or something.

But yeah, he is totally gonna try to shoot up a place, lets hope he gets plugged by a security guard and dies without hurting anyone like that other rear end in a top hat did recently.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Theres no excuse for being an angry incel, but based on his rant, you just gotta lol at this poor bastards chances trying online dating. OKCupid said a 5'2" dude had to have a listed income over 250k/yr to get the response rate of a 6ft guy making minimum wage. This lovely little gently caress looks to be even shorter than that AND he looks poor, AND he dresses like hes 12.

Even in the event he got "stop being an rear end in a top hat" pills and learned to dress himself, i dont know how i'd suggest he actually go about finding a partner, standard online dating just aint gonna work. Dude just needs to join a monastery or something.

But yeah, he is totally gonna try to shoot up a place, lets hope he gets plugged by a security guard and dies without hurting anyone like that other rear end in a top hat did recently.

Short guys can get women very, very easily outside of dating sites if they have a good personality. Look at how many people want to gently caress Peter Dinklage. Dude is 4'4 and he oozes charm with the voice of melted chocolate.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Short guys can get women very, very easily outside of dating sites if they have a good personality. Look at how many people want to gently caress Peter Dinklage. Dude is 4'4 and he oozes charm with the voice of melted chocolate.

I mean yeah short guys aren't just doomed but Dinklage is a famous, successful actor so he's not really a great example.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Short guys should realize most women are short(er than the average guy) and aren't assholes who care about height.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

I mean yeah short guys aren't just doomed but Dinklage is a famous, successful actor so he's not really a great example.

I'm pretty sure Dinklage would still pick up girls easily even if he wasn't famous. Have you seen an interview with him? He's got the perfect "whiskey and cigar by the library fireplace to show you the diamond necklace he bought you" thing going on in a condensed package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Jerry Cotton posted:

Short guys should realize most women are short(er than the average guy) and aren't assholes who care about height.

But if it's not women prejudging them because of their height, then it might mean there's a problem with their personalities or lifestyles or something. That seems unlikely.