Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Also I found another 'captured princess' manga.
This princess is more hungry than sleepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
It's like some kinda Bizzaro sleepycastle where the princess actually behaves like a captive but the demons are the ones spoling her.

In other words, it's :perfect:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It's a cross between Sleepy Princess and a cooking manga! Wonderful!!

EDIT: Warning -- The drawing style is a little lewd, though. It's fine if you enjoy that sort of thing, but don't read it at work.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 4, 2019

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Hey folks! I didnt realize this moved to a new thread, hah.

I've found a couple new weird series that probably fit the bill and I didn't see em on the last couple pages, let me know if y'all are already on top of these.

Pseudo Harem
is the story of Nanakura Rin, an incredible actor who also probably has multiple personality disorder, and her crush Kitahama Eiji, who always wanted his own harem. So to butter him up, Rin pretends to be (or maybe is?) multiple girls, so he can have a harem of one. It is unclear how much is just a bit.

Yankee-kun and the White Cane Girl
is the story of the super-macho yankee punk Mori the Black Panther, who everyone in town fears... except a blind girl who runs into him one day and chastises him for being in her way. Finally meeting someone who isn't afraid of him on sight, literally, he tries to get closer to her.

Useless Ponko
is the story of an old man whose wife recently passed away, and the caretaker maid robot his family sent to take care of him now that he's all alone. Except she is a very very old model, and maybe not in the best condition to take care of anyone, especially not a stubborn old fool like this guy.

edit: added images

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 5, 2019

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

gnome7 posted:

Yankee-kun and the White Cane Girl
is the story of the super-macho yankee punk Mori the Black Panther, who everyone in town fears... except a blind girl who runs into him one day and chastises him for being in her way. Finally meeting someone who isn't afraid of him on sight, literally, he tries to get closer to her.

I've been meaning to plug this manga, it's really cute.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm glad it's gotten a couple more translated chapters recently, it's a fun premise.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crasical posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/654888/1
Four, six, three, one.
Another chapter of Meiroku-chan.
Four, six, three, one.
Oh! I forgot about this one! Thanks! :)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Useless Ponko
is the story of an old man whose wife recently passed away, and the caretaker maid robot his family sent to take care of him now that he's all alone. Except she is a very very old model, and maybe not in the best condition to take care of anyone, especially not a stubborn old fool like this guy.

Everyone should watch the film Frank and Robot

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i'm glad it's gotten a couple more translated chapters recently, it's a fun premise.

I like it because even though it's pretty standard cute romance, the author seems to have actually done research on what it is like to be blind rather than working from some vague idea of blindness.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I always wondered what those bumpy strips on the sidewalks in the Yakuza games were for, and now I know.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

I like it because even though it's pretty standard cute romance, the author seems to have actually done research on what it is like to be blind rather than working from some vague idea of blindness.

I'unno, her blurry sight is clearer than what i get when taking off my glasses, even. Then again, panels of indistinct grey shapes would probably not look like anything. Which on one hand is kinda the pooint, on the other hand kind of difficult to pull off in a primarily visual medium.

also WAYYY too few instances of innocuous banter where she goes " oh,i see, i see" in response and he goes awkwardly silent for a few moments thinking "am i supposed to say something to that? should i??? is that allowed" and the dawning realisation that our language is absolutely laden with sight-related words and idioms

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Night Owl Witch
Maya is saying what we're all thinking. dem toe beans.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

useless ponko is good. been reading it since they started translating it

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Rody One Half posted:

Everyone should watch the film Frank and Robot

I really enjoy Ponko, it's very much my thing. It's a sweet and gentle tale, and genuinely heartwarming. Thank you gnome7 for the recommend!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ponko gives me melancholy sadness feelings.
Yankee to Hakujou is loving adorable and I love it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Another surreal daily life manga has appeared, from the author of Girls' Last Tour (but now: less post-apocalyptic (probably)).

Shimeiji Simulation is the story of a girl named Shijima who spent 2 years locked away in a closet, then woke up to find mushrooms growing out of her head. After deciding to try to return to society, she meets/becomes the girlfriend of Majime, a girl with an egg on her head who is very interested in this other girl with food coming out of her hair. They go to school and some weird stuff keeps happening.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 6, 2019

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I'm trying to remember the name of a manga posted here. It was a slice of life about a blond servant girl who magically doubled for a wizard girl whose skin was stained charcoal-black. There was a gothic castle and a whole society of red-clad shadow-people, each with a human-looking double. I thought it had a neat esthetic, but I can't find any combination of search terms to find it again.

CADR
Aug 11, 2017

Squidster posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a manga posted here. It was a slice of life about a blond servant girl who magically doubled for a wizard girl whose skin was stained charcoal-black. There was a gothic castle and a whole society of red-clad shadow-people, each with a human-looking double. I thought it had a neat esthetic, but I can't find any combination of search terms to find it again.

Sounds like Shadows House.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
drat that was fast. Much appreciated!

EDIT: I love the esthetic. It reminds me of the Girl From The Other Side.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 6, 2019

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new Senryu Girl

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Two new High School Tamamo-chan, in which she performs at the school festival.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Way of the Househusband

Always bet on Lucky Ducky.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
An unexpected SPY x FAMILY special chapter!

The family spends an uneventful day at the aquarium.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New Way of the Househusband

Always bet on Lucky Ducky.

The lack of a punchline at the end encapsulated how I feel about rain, just ruins any day.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
New one that just popped up: The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today, about a woman who has a very large cat taking care of her and her apartment.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

L-O-N posted:

An unexpected SPY x FAMILY special chapter!

The family spends an uneventful day at the aquarium.

"Getting worked like a dog..."

Big fuckin' mood, Twilight. Big fuckin' mood. :sigh:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new Senryu Girl

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

grape is my favorite herb,or at least my favorite swisher flavor.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Fly - Tondemo Teleport Girl Yumi's about a girl that can teleport, but she teleports to random places at random times.

So she gets into random situations that are sometimes comical:

And sometimes horror:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:yeah:
(Otherside picnic, not the other tweet I can't remove)
https://twitter.com/jnovelclub/status/1148044762882007040

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

L-O-N posted:

Fly - Tondemo Teleport Girl Yumi's about a girl that can teleport, but she teleports to random places at random times.

So she gets into random situations that are sometimes comical:

And sometimes horror:

The art here is weird but I like it. Yumi's a really capable girl in a way nobody should ever have to be.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sinky posted:

Honestly, both of these sound amazing.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

sinky posted:

quote:

Next, continuing our _utter dominance_ of the Yuri sci-fi English novel market...

Now I'm really curious because my first reaction was: "are there enough yuri sci-fi novels to make it a thing?" but maybe :thejoke:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

lunar detritus posted:

Now I'm really curious because my first reaction was: "are there enough yuri sci-fi novels to make it a thing?" but maybe :thejoke:

Qualia the purple

E: https://mangadex.org/title/9114/qualia-the-purple

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There's quite a few series.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

lunar detritus posted:

The joke is probably mostly the fact they've also just recently released the full translation of Side-By-Side Dreamers, another yuri novel by the same author.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That sounds like a Roadside Picnic (which was adapted as Stalker) reference.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

MonsieurChoc posted:

That sounds like a Roadside Picnic (which was adapted as Stalker) reference.

They are basically in the Zone, so yeah. There's a manga as well, which I thought the tweet was about but it's actually the LN.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Night Owl Witch
Maya and Mameyama run into the most deadly of foes. Real-estate ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Interrogation Princess learns about baozi.