Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I picked an old vet with tons of stats in the fourth to make you feel better!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Next year I'll get some alternates and kick these snails if they take 6+ hours for the first pick. I think that's what SFB does, I was just too slammed to remember to do it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

pmchem posted:

I picked an old vet with tons of stats in the fourth to make you feel better!!!

I spent a 2nd on Dalvin Cook last year and still haven't gotten over the burn.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Dracula seems to be moving pretty quick except for these two middle people

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

I spent a 2nd on Dalvin Cook last year and still haven't gotten over the burn.

I feel you, been there with players. He seems healthy and in a better spot right now than a lot of other guys so I rolled with him.

First 5 rounds of this draft, it’s virtually impossible to draft a bad team on paper. I look forward to talking mad poo poo about your wasted 10th rounder though!!!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Next year I'll get some alternates and kick these snails if they take 6+ hours for the first pick. I think that's what SFB does, I was just too slammed to remember to do it.

Chasereamer just autodrafted his second in Frankenstein. Think he’s our only problem owner.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hauser1921 is half an hour away from his second time-out in the Death division.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hauser1921 is half an hour away from his second time-out in the Death division.

I've been tapping the top of the sand timer as hard as I can (I'm on deck)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm eager to see if it autopicks by total projected points (Mahomes) or top rank (Bell, whom I really want)

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
I made my first pick in Medusa division. KingLucas is up.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm eager to see if it autopicks by total projected points (Mahomes) or top rank (Bell, whom I really want)

In Medusa the two autopicks so far were both top rank. Still trying to make it through the first round.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm usually better at big picture stuff, but I've been busy spearheading the marketing for my book. So I just said, "hey after the first two rounds, everything will smooth out," utterly missing that STARTING THE DRAFT WITH INSANE DELAYS IS A BAD WAY TO START.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
FINISHING HIS CRUEL WORK UPON DAVID JOHNSON, "MEAN" DRUNK NERDS SETS HIS SIGHTS ON HIS NEXT OPPONENT. LIKE A GUN POINTED AT A MESSING-AROUND OLD LADY, HE FIRES UPON "HEY" JOE MIXON. "PUNCH" DRUNK NERDS UNLEASHES A RIGHT CROSS COMBINED WITH A LEFT BALL SQUEEZE. BLUE IN THE FACE, JOE "COOL" MIXON STAGGERS BACK, VULNERABLE TO COUNTERATTACK. "CHEAP" DRUNK NERDS REACHES INTO HIS POCKETS, NO DOUBT FOR A DIRTY TRICK. OUT COMES A HANDFUL OF SAND, HE SWINGS IT TO THE SIDE OF JOE "TRICKY DICK" MIXON'S HEAD, HOPING TO IMPEACH HIM OF HIS TITLE. THE HAND GOES INTO THE OTHER POCKET, OUT COMES A ROLL OF DIMES WHICH DRUNK NERDS FLINGS IN THE FACE OF "COTTON-EYED" JOE MIXON. DRUNK NERDS LOOKS DOWN, CONFUSED... HE REALIZES HIS PANTS ARE ON BACKWARDS! "SLOPPY" DRUNK NERDS MUST STRIKE QUICKLY, AS HE IS ABOUT TO GET THE STEAMING HOT REVENGE OF "CUPPA" JOE MIXON. MIXON SWINGS, NERDS NO-SELLS IT, THEN GRABS MIXON'S HEAD AND PERFORMS A STONE-COLD STUNNER ON JOE "COLD STONE CREAMERY" MIXONS!! OUT COLD, "ICED" JOE MIXON IS THE NEXT VICTIM OF DRUNK NERDS.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 11, 2019

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kittle in the first, Ertz in the second. Tremble before my tight end stable.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How far along are the other drafts? Medusa has 4:45 left on pick #9.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 11, 2019

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Top of the third in Bat - I’ve got corner pick and they got submitted just before we went to sleep.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
That was a hard pick to make. But, it seemed the value was too great for me to pass on in the 4th.

1.05 - TE Travis Kelce
2.08 - RB Joe Mixon
3.05 - RB Leonard Fournette
4.08 - QB Aaron Rodgers

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pain of Mind posted:

How far along are the other drafts? Medusa has 4:45 left on pick #9.

Dracula is up to 4.09, which is me. I just woke up and will make the pick when I get to work in a bit.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Medusa division, I'm considering putting anyone who times out on the first round on autopick, instead of waiting for a second timeout. Anyone object?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Frank is two hours away from timing out on two successive picks. Not even to the mid 2nd round yet.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Cervixalot posted:

Frank is two hours away from timing out on two successive picks. Not even to the mid 2nd round yet.

Hobostew made his first round pick, in his defense. Isn't he a goon?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Hobostew made his first round pick, in his defense. Isn't he a goon?

No, but he's my best friend. Is he taking too long? I'll call him if he is, hes in Vegas right now and probably lost track of time

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

No, but he's my best friend. Is he taking too long? I'll call him if he is, hes in Vegas right now and probably lost track of time

That's where I know him. He wasn't getting me mad because I know he's good. He has two hours, so let him know

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I'm having trouble trying to justify reaching for a mid tier te. It makes me feel gross

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I'm having trouble trying to justify reaching for a mid tier te. It makes me feel gross

Just close your eyes and think of Will Dissly.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

Just close your eyes and think of Will Dissly.

Also a great way to prolong lovemaking

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also a great way to prolong lovemaking

I thought that was Matt Schaub.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I never expected to be in a position to draft DJ and now I'm panicking.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ughhhh, Tyreek, Kupp, and Cooks all went. So, I had to go with Ingram. Who is gonna have a big year. But I was kinda planning on WR there.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
wooo got my picks in at the turn in medusa, see you all in 18 days when it comes back to me at the 3/4 turn.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Hobostew is back on the clock. So far, everything is going according to plan.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I wish you nerds in Frankenstein would use your SA names on there so I know who is who.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Not to be a pain some more, but you might want to give him a little nudge we already went through 12 picks in the 2 hours since he picked and he's back on the clock so he might not have been expecting to be on the clock anytime soon.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

VietCampo posted:

Not to be a pain some more, but you might want to give him a little nudge we already went through 12 picks in the 2 hours since he picked and he's back on the clock so he might not have been expecting to be on the clock anytime soon.

Doesn’t everyone get email notifications when they are next then again when they are on the clock?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

jabro posted:

Doesn’t everyone get email notifications when they are next then again when they are on the clock?

Yeah but this guy is in Vegas likely vacationing and could be in loud places or be wasted.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yeah, i wouldn't have said anything but Drunk Nerds did say he was in vegas so he's probably not checking his emails.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

poo poo I barely ever check my email when I’m not on vacation.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

89 posted:

Ughhhh, Tyreek, Kupp, and Cooks all went. So, I had to go with Ingram. Who is gonna have a big year. But I was kinda planning on WR there.
I took Kupp and Tyreek. In retrospect, I probably should have had some coffee before I drafted a guy who could get suspended and a guy who may not have working legs.

My plan was to grab a QB and hope for a guy like Cooks to be there but that did not pan out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dkj posted:

Yeah but this guy is in Vegas likely vacationing and could be in loud places or be wasted.

Oh it’s that guy. Okay then it’s understandable but all the others better be right alongside him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I poked him. He's on a job so he might not be able to check emails but if he looks at his phone he'll see it's his turn