Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Maybe they preload it with a dog & drink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I went to book a car and the price Costco had was about $100 more than what kayak.com had - any benefits to Costco rental vs on kayak?

You get to support Costco?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Or when it gets to -50F with windchill. That dog will be absolutely cold in under a minute.

Lol who waits that long to eat a dawg??

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I went to book a car and the price Costco had was about $100 more than what kayak.com had - any benefits to Costco rental vs on kayak?

Free second driver but otherwise nah. Many credit cards have a collison damage waiver (insurance for rental cars, for damage to the rental vehicle) with rental car purchase, and your own auto insurance covers liability for your use of a rental vehicle, so don't buy the very expensive insurance offered by the rental company (unless you need it).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Lol who waits that long to eat a dawg??

:hmmyes:

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I just rented a car for a trip out of Boston. Costco at the airport was more expensive than other sites at the airport, but Costco at rental agencies downtown were cheaper than anything else. Try looking at different locations. Other than that, 2% cash back if you are executive and the free 2nd driver as mentioned above.

I will say this about 'co travel: if you are trying to figure something out and call them on the phone, they are great. I booked my honeymoon to Bora-Bora through them and spent probably about 3 hours on the phone with the agent looking at different dates and answering whatever questions she could. We wound up saving some money by moving the trip around by a few days and she was able to get us an amazing room upgrade for only $200 for the 5 days we were in Bora.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The new Costco pizza sucks now. Write to your local and complain

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JK Fresco posted:

The new Costco pizza sucks now. Write to your local and complain

I’ve been saying this since the start of the thread.

I’m glad everyone else’s Costco’s are finally catching up to the lovely pizza.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

What did they change on the pizza?

edit - oh poo poo, last week my wife got a Combo Slice at our regular Costco - Heather Ridge, Laguna Niguel, CA - and said that the cheese was weird

but this past weekend, I got a plain slice at the Costco on Cabot Rd, Laguna Niguel, CA (an extremely inferior Costco in both layout and clientele), but the pizza seemed normal as always

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 10, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
The crust sucks now

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The crust has always sucked though?

I grew up in the Pizza Belt.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Costco pizza has never been something I’ve enjoyed. Dog and chicken fingers and fries or dog and poutine 4 life.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Costco pizza has never been something I’ve enjoyed. Dog and chicken fingers and fries or dog and poutine 4 life.

I was gonna say... then I realized Canada.

The Costco pizza used to be hands down the best pizza for the price now it’s still a good deal but I’d rather pay more for a better crust.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Canada also gets the wings too which are super great.

Another thing I avoid are the pastrami sandwiches, they look so sad under the heat lamps and possibly crawling with listeria

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've never had Costco pizza. :(

Just a dog every time. :)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've never had Costco pizza. :(

Just a dog every time. :)
smart. great value. you arent missing much.

when did they change pizza? it honestly was just sort of so-so, sometimes hit or miss, before. if it's actually worse now, then yikes.

i'm guessing it must be some cost-saving measure to make the court more profitable. they keep doing stupid poo poo like trying to turn it into a profit-center and add more items that no one wants (all conveniently much more expensive than a $1.5 dog), and it's gunna keep failing every single time. i think the days of the $1.5 dog are probably limited, i'd be surprised if it's not $2 dog in the next few years.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Cheese pizza is communion for vegetarians because what the gently caress is the Al Pastor salad anyway? Olives and banh mi vegetables? It's wrong.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The deli pizza was always a pretty decent value, but the take and bake was terrible. It also probably varied depending upon how busy your local was. Mine is constantly cranking them out so they were more fresh than some of the food courts I've been to.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

binge crotching posted:

The deli pizza was always a pretty decent value, but the take and bake was terrible. It also probably varied depending upon how busy your local was. Mine is constantly cranking them out so they were more fresh than some of the food courts I've been to.
yeah take and bake surprised me how much worse it is. its been that way as far back as I can remember, at least to 2004. i have no idea what the gently caress they're doing with that.

I feel like the pepperoni was often just a greasy slog with soggy crust and toppings that just slid right off in a pool of grease, and often undercooked slightly. however, when you got a slice of pepp where the crust is still holding up, the cheese is nice and brown and pepperonis are curled and crispy all holding together, it's really quite good for the price :discourse:.

unfortunately, that's just too rare. the cheese is more consistently a little better because its less greasy so it ends up more having nice browned cheese and a cooked crust. It was good value for a nice rainy day when the mood struck and your hungover/hungry or have kids in tow begging for 'za, but... there was like never anything outstanding about it so if they genuinely made it worse, lol.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I got the take and bake pizza once and it uncorked my bowels with the force of a thousand firehoses

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Quick! Everyone drive to their Costcos and report back

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I’ve never had their pizza so I can’t compare!!!

But I’d eat all the lovely pizza if it would get my local Costco to stock Wild Planet or King Oscar sardines. The seasons ones they have suckkkkk!!!!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Costco has AirPod 2’s for $145! Grabbed a pair and love them.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

The deli pizza was always a pretty decent value, but the take and bake was terrible. It also probably varied depending upon how busy your local was.

For us (mid-Atlantic at the time) the take and bake was awesome until 2014 or so when the crust became yecch

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

*places a $12.99 wildflower bouquet on the 'co chili placard* Dog bless...

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hed posted:

For us (mid-Atlantic at the time) the take and bake was awesome until 2014 or so when the crust became yecch

I live in the mid atlantic now and miss the gently caress outta papa murphys take n bake

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wtf is a take and bake

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Whooping Crabs posted:

I live in the mid atlantic now and miss the gently caress outta papa murphys take n bake

I live in Ohio and I miss those places.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

wtf is a take and bake

It's where they make a pizza but don't cook it, so that you can cook it in your own oven. You can also buy them with SNAP benefits because they're not a hot prepared food

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

You can also buy them with SNAP benefits because they're not a hot prepared food

OHHH it makes sense now

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Iron Crowned posted:

It's where they make a pizza but don't cook it, so that you can cook it in your own oven. You can also buy them with SNAP benefits because they're not a hot prepared food

And they are actually really good. I miss having one near me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

El Jebus posted:

And they are actually really good. I miss having one near me.

I know! Who doesn't love a fresh hot pizza with good ingredients?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

wtf is a take and bake

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
this woman has devoted her life to visiting costcos around the world. Godspeed to a true believer, she has visited 214 costcos as of this month.

https://thecostcoconnoisseur.com/

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Take and bake is great, and is usually higher quality and cheaper than chain delivery places.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Peachfart posted:

Take and bake is great, and is usually higher quality and cheaper than chain delivery places.

Many chain delivery places are just heating up their own brand take and bake and charging you for it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Scornful Sexbot posted:

this woman has devoted her life to visiting costcos around the world. Godspeed to a true believer, she has visited 214 costcos as of this month.

https://thecostcoconnoisseur.com/

I've only been to about 7 or so.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I've bought plenty of the oven ready pizzas before and even complained about them being too HYUGE to fit in my oven in this thread before. I never called them take n bakes though.

:thunk:

I just called them oven ready pizzas. Take and Bake has a nice ring to it! I legit thought people were talking about chicken bakes with some new weird slang.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

FogHelmut posted:

I've only been to about 7 or so.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hahaha this rules

Adbot