Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

Hahaha this rules

some pizza consulting firm probably charged $50,000 for that graphic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I've bought plenty of the oven ready pizzas before and even complained about them being too HYUGE to fit in my oven in this thread before. I never called them take n bakes though.

:thunk:

I just called them oven ready pizzas. Take and Bake has a nice ring to it! I legit thought people were talking about chicken bakes with some new weird slang.

Are you getting these from pizza places or just regular store?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

A little bit old but wanted to make sure people know that rental car companies* will allow a renters spouse to drive for free so if you're only needing a second driver for your husband/wife then Costco's free second driver doesn't help you out.

*at least any one that I have ever booked with

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Costco sells take home pizzas from the deli area. Not frozen and big. Probably way too big. I just always called them oven ready pizzas.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco sells take home pizzas from the deli area. Not frozen and big. Probably way too big. I just always called them oven ready pizzas.

You just always been wrong bitch.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Papa Murphy's in our city just closed, they had been open less than a year. There's none in SoCal anymore in fact.

Their pizzas were more expensive than the pre-cooked and delivered places though? Didn't make sense to me.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
:smith:

It's not delivery. It's self loathing.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FCKGW posted:

The Papa Murphy's in our city just closed, they had been open less than a year. There's none in SoCal anymore in fact.

Their pizzas were more expensive than the pre-cooked and delivered places though? Didn't make sense to me.

Papa Murphy's is way cheaper than any delivery place near me, other than like Dominos and they're garbage plus Papa's pizza is like double the size.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

we have a few papa murphys up in sonoma county that have been there a really long time--and last I checked they still are. Honestly the only way to eat PM was with those pretty good mail-coupons. paying the List Price is for suckers. iirc you could get like an xxxl for $6.99 or 2 for $10 type deals. Even if you dont have a coupon, their pizza was still a little cheaper than delivery unless it''s also Dominos + coupons.

I actually rather liked PM's red sauce, toppings and cheese were fine; however, their crust was kinda lovely though. still i liked it a fair amount growing up.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think it's kinda easy to leave the pizza in there too long and gently caress up the crust since Papa Murphys (only?) has thin crust pies. Once you cook it in the same oven a few times you can get the pie just right.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

One is all you need.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think it's kinda easy to leave the pizza in there too long and gently caress up the crust since Papa Murphys (only?) has thin crust pies. Once you cook it in the same oven a few times you can get the pie just right.
No, they have a variety of crusts. I believe they even have some gimmick stuffed-crust stuff

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

My dad has a membership to both Costco and Sam's Club, and he excitedly told me that they're opening a BJ's nearby.

My dad plans on having 3 separate warehouse club memberships.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Big Boomer Energy on that man.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

FilthyImp posted:

Big Boomer Energy on that man.

TBPH I often wonder about what I could get at Sam's that I can't get at Costco...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

TBPH I often wonder about what I could get at Sam's that I can't get at Costco...

More irritated at the people that’s for drat sure.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
There was a period of time in my life when I had both Sam's and Costco. The only time I opted for Sam's over Costco was when I needed to pick something up quick and wanted to get in and out, Sam's Club lines are way shorter and the one at my place had self checkout.

Those few cases were not worth keeping the Sam's Club membership so now I'm 'Co only!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My parents had both BJ's and Costco, and surprisingly enough cancelled the Costco.

The Costco in Rego Park, NYC is uncharacteristically terrible. They tried their best to make due with the space that was available, but it's just not a very good location for a big store like that. The worst part is that it's part of a large mall, so the Costco is forced to use mall parking, which you have to pay for.

So, combine paying for garage parking with a smaller than average store and higher than average crowds and it turns into a miserable experience. There's more Costcos in NYC, but they're kind of far and a pain to get to, especially when BJ's is 10 minutes away.

As a kid, we'd drive 45 minutes to a long island price club once a month for our bulk needs, but once BJ's moved in, it just wasn't worth it anymore.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Argyle posted:

My dad has a membership to both Costco and Sam's Club, and he excitedly told me that they're opening a BJ's nearby.

Your father is an apostate. Shun him.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

FogHelmut posted:

Outdoor food court > indoor food court

All of Costco is holy ground

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Argyle posted:

this is a man refuses to drive anything that doesnt have an american made V8

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I have Sam's and Costco. They are in many ways the same place. Most of the items are the same, just packaged differently. Avocados come in 5 packs at Sams, 6 pack at Costco. Those bag salads, exact same brand but Costco is double the size/double the price of the ones Sams has. Though Sams has more varieties. I assume Kirkland and members mark brands are coming outta the same factories.

Sams is way faster for checking out in store because of their app. At the gas pumps though I swear somehow the slowest people in the world always get in line before me at Sams.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Guillotine the Walton family or at very least don't give them your money IMO.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

This.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Izod Underwear, Pilgrim Pride chicken strips, app checkout.

I did a groupon for Sam’s a couple of years ago and stocked up on the first two. I still have a package of unopened underwear just ready to go. No more chicken strips though and the Costco Panko ones are meh.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

FCKGW posted:

Papa Murphy's qualifies for food stamps because since you bake it its legally considered a kind-of grocery. Their entire business model is based around this loophole.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
They also sell raw cookie dough and they are very good for after pizza.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

For IaaS and PasS, shouldn't these be inverted? PaaS would be like the Seinfeld 'make your own pizza' restaurant where they provide everything from the oven to the ingredients and you just build and bake yourself? IaaS would be like you rented an airbnb and picked up pizza supplies at the store.

E: Papa Murphy's was fun as a kid but as an adult you realize local place > everything. I think PM is also hitting up the food stamp market too. All the locations near me are in poor parts of town.

E2: Stores just can't handle pizza. I don't know why. I eat at Whole Foods every day and even then I still avoid the pizza - it just sucks.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 13, 2019

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Izod Underwear, Pilgrim Pride chicken strips, app checkout.

I did a groupon for Sam’s a couple of years ago and stocked up on the first two. I still have a package of unopened underwear just ready to go. No more chicken strips though and the Costco Panko ones are meh.

I, too, got on the Sam's Club Groupon to check it out.

I bought a pair of trash cans and one of the lids broke around 4 months after owning it. I took it back to the store since they still carried it and asked to swap it out but they said no, I had to ship this $45 metal trash can across the country to get a warranty replacement.

I never went back after that.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Saw a cursed article on 5 REASONS TO NOT BUY GAS AT COSTCO and they were all really dumb reasons

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Saw a cursed article on 5 REASONS TO NOT BUY GAS AT COSTCO and they were all really dumb reasons

the only good reason not to is if it it's a like 15+ miles away and you arent even going to the 'co to shop. sometimes 'co gas is like $3.69 and regular stations are like $3.80. if your filling up a typical 15-20gal car, congrats you saved like $1.5 but now just spent a gallon going there and back, and also waited in a slow line for 15 minutes

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

the only good reason not to is if it it's a like 15+ miles away and you arent even going to the 'co to shop. sometimes 'co gas is like $3.69 and regular stations are like $3.80. if your filling up a typical 15-20gal car, congrats you saved like $1.5 but now just spent a gallon going there and back, and also waited in a slow line for 15 minutes

One of the reasons was IF YOU ONLY GET A MEMBERSHIP FOR GAS ITS NOT WORTH IT

Who the gently caress does that

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I got gas for $2.51 at Costco on Friday. It was about $2.89 everywhere else. It was also the first time I ever had to wait in line for gas. A whopping ten seconds.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Costco gas is $3.19 right now, my local gas station is $3.85. it's a 10 mile drive that is on my way to work. drat straight I'm filling up at Costco every single time.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The Slack Lagoon posted:

One of the reasons was IF YOU ONLY GET A MEMBERSHIP FOR GAS ITS NOT WORTH IT

Who the gently caress does that

you clicked and they got paid. the circle is complete.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Slack Lagoon posted:

One of them was YOU MIGHT NEED TO WAIT LIKE 10 MINUTES

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
About to go 'co. Might try out the newly installed self checkout. Definitely not waiting in a 15min+ line for gas, that's just dumb.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

One of them was YOU MIGHT NEED TO WAIT LIKE 10 MINUTES

For the 5-8 gallons I usually fill up, any sort of line for gas is an immediate nope. Might be a different story if you have a giant SUV and drain the tank all the way every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

For the 5-8 gallons I usually fill up, any sort of line for gas is an immediate nope. Might be a different story if you have a giant SUV and drain the tank all the way every time.
basically how i feel yeah, i'll hit up the gas if i'm there before the store is opening, or if there's no line at all or i'm truly just about empty. but i also drive cars with small tanks (mini coop s, prius company car) mostly so i never need much and ain't worth saving $1.

anyways went to costco today, not as busy as I thought given i got there late (10:30) but it was pretty swarmed by the time i was leaving. bought like 72 muffins and 72 bagels along with a bunch of chips and stuff for a school's summer camp program, only came out to be like $125--pretty nice to feed a shitton of kids on the cheap (it gets reimbursed anyways so w/e). for myself, bought the bitchin' chipotle sauce, living lettuce, yannis haberano cheese, tillimook 2013 reserve chedder (so good), a pack of these new strawberry-jam filled croissants, and a crate of sparkling water. the filled-croissant things are ok, but imo probably not worth it given you can just buy the pack of the regular ones for cheaper (and much more of them) and fill them with w/e you want.

gunna try making some grilled cheese with the habanero cheddar for dinner and dip it in some bitchin' sauce.