Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Preston Waters posted:

Mods should ban this poster for mental health discrimination.

Not cool when it's an adolescent.

Jake Lloyd is well past being an adolescent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jake Lloyd goes on InfoWars, gently caress him

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sanguinia posted:

Jake Lloyd goes on InfoWars, gently caress him

Not the same jake Lloyd

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Speaking of him, did he ever recover from all that awful poo poo he went through years ago?

I don’t think he made much of anything in terms of movies after TPM.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gonz posted:

Speaking of him, did he ever recover from all that awful poo poo he went through years ago?

no.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

More high rez shots of the Sith Trooper.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I guess JJ learned his lesson with regards to script leaks prior to TFA. At this time in 2015, practically the whole script was out there and cobbled together by the internet into a storyboard that was about 80% accurate.

drat you, Disney disinformation campaign and these lame, vague leaks and drips.

Well, poo poo.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Gonz posted:

I think maybe one movie but he mostly ended up doing voice acting. I don't know what was worse for him, the bad writing in TPM or how horrible the fanbase was to him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

I think maybe one movie but he mostly ended up doing voice acting. I don't know what was worse for him, the bad writing in TPM or how horrible the fanbase was to him.

Probably the latter. Imagine being held responsible for George Lucas’ absolutely terrible writing at every convention you go to, for something as ultimately meaningless as a science fiction fantasy movie.

And on top of that, you’re a kid. It’s no surprise he ended up the way he did. I just looked up some articles about him, and apparently he was diagnosed with schizophrenia a few years ago, which I believe is something you’re born with.

Didn’t realize it was that bad. Yikes.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Gonz posted:

Apparently the First Order really likes putting M-16 front sights on the top of their guns. I think this fellow's weapon looks like it's based on a MP7, but I could be wrong.

Edit: No, looking at it closer the grip is angles, where that of an MP7 is straight.

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 11, 2019

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
That gun looks pretty bad, very busy, looks like a sci-fi box gun with poo poo bolted on

Also jake and George did nothing wrong, it’s the fans that are loving retarded and hating on kid anakin is the reason ppl like RLM and the like get nothing but distrust from me.

Also.. well jake was a kid actor and they rarely turn out ok. Might be some fault in the parenting and those kids barely being able to have normal childhoods who knows

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gonz posted:

Probably the latter. Imagine being held responsible for George Lucas’ absolutely terrible writing at every convention you go to, for something as ultimately meaningless as a science fiction fantasy movie.

And on top of that, you’re a kid. It’s no surprise he ended up the way he did. I just looked up some articles about him, and apparently he was diagnosed with schizophrenia a few years ago, which I believe is something you’re born with.

Didn’t realize it was that bad. Yikes.

You're born with schizophrenia, but it typically doesn't manifest itself majorly until late teens or twenties.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Gonz posted:

All these shots are of a toy/model, not from the movie, right? I mean it'll probably look basically the same but still

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So are the Sith Troopers more Palpatine bullshit? Because I'm pretty sure Kylo Ren doesn't identify as a Sith, he's a "dark nationalist" or "force realist" something like that.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, jeeze, a red stormtrooper, shut up and take my money Disney :rolleyes:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just read an article in the last two weeks that it’s going to be awhile before they change the current FastPass system because they spent like a billion dollars on the current one and it’s going to take time to fix it

This is getting off topic, but he’s talking about a different thing. At Disneyland, if Galaxy’s Edge was full, you joined a virtual queue that’d ping your phone when you could enter the land. There’s no indication Hollywood Studios will have it. They actually re-made an area, possibly to serve as a queue for Galaxy’s Edge. And honestly if several thousand extra people come to the studios but can’t get into Galaxys Edge, there isn’t enough to do in that park to occupy them. So they may decide to let them die of heat stroke in a queue.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

More like poo poo trooper because Star Wars suxxxxxxx

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
ROTS had a more divers palette of clone troopers than the entire sequel trilogy. How can they be so lazy with the sith troopers is beyond me.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
The proto scout troopers of kashyyk and the national guard of coruscant are real cool

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TLJ had those Sith guards for Snoke or whatever, who also dressed in bright red. That has been a symbol of the Imperial Royal Guard since RotJ.

So possibly those are soldiers loyal to Snoke or whatever the deal is with Palpatine in this movie

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

FlamingLiberal posted:

TLJ had those Sith guards for Snoke or whatever, who also dressed in bright red. That has been a symbol of the Imperial Royal Guard since RotJ.

So possibly those are soldiers loyal to Snoke or whatever the deal is with Palpatine in this movie

A bunch of them inexplicably crawl out of the ruins of the Death Star, like the temple at the end of Crystal Skull.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

General Dog posted:

So are the Sith Troopers more Palpatine bullshit? Because I'm pretty sure Kylo Ren doesn't identify as a Sith, he's a "dark nationalist" or "force realist" something like that.

Kylo Ren is a Sith LARPer, playing a game where he imitates his grandpappy. All of his outbursts are just gamer moments.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I like the trooper and i like that they are red.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

When are we gonna get a blue trooper? smdh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

When are we gonna get a blue trooper? smdh

Sith Troopers Red and Blue.

Shock Troopers Silver and Gold

Combat Troopers Ruby and Sapphire

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Make pink Darth Vader canon

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sith Troopers Red and Blue.

Shock Troopers Silver and Gold

Combat Troopers Ruby and Sapphire

There will be a Green Sith Trooper, but it'll only be released in Japan. :negative:

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Bogus Adventure posted:

Kylo Ren is a Sith LARPer, playing a game where he imitates his grandpappy. All of his outbursts are just gamer moments.

Galactic Civil War Reenactor?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I feel like the helmet is the thing that makes the Sith Trooper look lazy. Like, it's the biggest thing that could make it feel distinct, especially if it's supposed to be distinct from the First Order in some way.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I like the helmet, the texturing caused by the lines is cool. Its like a FO and Clone helmet had a baby.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

High Lord Elbow posted:

Galactic Civil War Reenactor?

Heritage not hate

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

Heritage not hate

The War of Outer Rim Aggression

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Barudak posted:

The War of Outer Rim Aggression

:laffo:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Death-stixie

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bogus Adventure posted:

I can kind of see what Disney is trying to do by making a new location that ties into the Sequel Trilogy, but I think it was a bad gamble. People want to live their fantasies from the movies when they go to the attractions based on them. With Star Wars, that means Mos Eisley, the Jedi Temple, Starkiller Base, or the Emperor's throne room. I have zero interest in going to some outpost that shows up in one of the books. Imagine the Harry Potter world without Hogwarts, but set in a brand new borough of New York that tied into the Fantastic Beasts movie.

It's confusing as hell, they decided to create a whole part of the park not based of the locales of the OT, but the ST then it's based of some location we've never seen and probably won't ever see? Why would I want to go to that? It's an area that has nothing that's attached to anyone save for a couple ship that are parked outside that you can't enter.

Also I think the dumbest part of the whole area in Disneyland is that there's a single ride and everything else is just a store where you can buy stuff. I mean, I understand having a bunch of Star Wars merch to sell in themed stores... but people go to theme parks primarily for the rides. Why isn't there 4 or 5 rides to enjoy? I mean poo poo, give me some Podracing, maybe group 4v4 TIE Fighter and X-Wing battles, the loving trench run.

And don't even start with some bullshit about "building the lightsaber" is an experience because I saw video of that lame poo poo and it looks awful. Also why isn't the droid building thing in a giant Sandcrawler?

Well done Disney.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj1d5QpzG-U

Lmao you ain’t kidding

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont know why the hell their isnt a twin coaster with assisted launch where each side "races" the other with a podracing theme. Like, baffling

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also I think the dumbest part of the whole area in Disneyland is that there's a single ride and everything else is just a store where you can buy stuff. I mean, I understand having a bunch of Star Wars merch to sell in themed stores... but people go to theme parks primarily for the rides. Why isn't there 4 or 5 rides to enjoy? I mean poo poo, give me some Podracing, maybe group 4v4 TIE Fighter and X-Wing battles, the loving trench run.

I dunno it sounds like Disney is close to finally perfecting the theme park

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I've never been to a Disney park, but it seems like mostly waiting in lines all day in a huge crowd. Is that accurate? Sounds like a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Flavius Aetass posted:

I've never been to a Disney park, but it seems like mostly waiting in lines all day in a huge crowd. Is that accurate? Sounds like a nightmare.

They have a FastPass system that cuts down on the lines, basically scheduling a time you can ride a ride and wait in a really short line instead. One that I'm shocked other theme parks haven't adopted yet. (Universal Studios here in Orlando lets guests who stay in one of three of their hotels use their hotel key to skip the line, but that makes the trip even more expensive because it's the three most expensive hotels they run.)

It should be noted, however, that the Falcon ride currently doesn't allow FastPasses (and won't in Orlando for a while either). They said they'll add it later.