Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
RIP oldsuckgaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Picslaeder or however you spell his name just ghosted his team and Young Suck voluntarily forfeited. That was their last game of the day but I'd be surprised if they actually play tomorrow either

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Raylalisa

Shame for Young Suck. Shame I didn't switch to stream two earlier as well!

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Undying out???

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Why do the disruptors kept splitting up

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
When did these bots learn to stagger skills

EDIT: Skill usage is still all over the place.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 12, 2019

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the offlaners in this COL vs JStorm game are just having their lane in bot river. that owns

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

lurksion posted:

When did these bots learn to stagger skills

EDIT: Skill usage is still all over the place.

The dirty secret of last bot ti was results would vary every time you ran it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Reality Sinner posted:

The dirty secret of last ti was results would vary every time you ran it

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
lmao I mean the game is pretty much won, but maybe you should not solo suicide into fountain for no reason before the gg call

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I really really am excited to watch the china matches. They were good, but the whole thing is kinda dragged down by having a couch of Kyle/Purge/Basskip (and I actually love Basskip).

Tonight, they have helped it out by adding Nahaz to those three. :) :) :)

whyyyy

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Im already sick of every single one of Kyle's sentences being some sort of derail about making GBS threads on Nahaz over some random topic. Basskip and Purge clearly wanted to talk about the games/drafts last night and I know Nahaz will too but Kyle is just so obnoxious

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is a cabal going to be sundered

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is a cabal going to be sundered

Don't test me I'll do it

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Im already sick of every single one of Kyle's sentences being some sort of derail about making GBS threads on Nahaz over some random topic. Basskip and Purge clearly wanted to talk about the games/drafts last night and I know Nahaz will too but Kyle is just so obnoxious

Kyle has been terrible, and Purge has been jabbing at Kyle back constantly, and it just makes me like Purge less

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Kyle is as good an analyst and caster as he was a captain :)

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Morph is gonna build aghs and then turn into Skywrath Mage and it will be extremely stupid

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Had a bunch of people in the Dota 2 thread laugh at the 1-4-1 Skywrath build. Told them a ton of high-rank skywrath spammers and top leaderboard players did the build and they just sort of stopped responding.

Aster's Skywrath has 1-3-1 skill build. Looking down at my high horse at all these pitiful haters.......

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Had a bunch of people in the Dota 2 thread laugh at the 1-4-1 Skywrath build. Told them a ton of high-rank skywrath spammers and top leaderboard players did the build and they just sort of stopped responding.

Aster's Skywrath has 1-3-1 skill build. Looking down at my high horse at all these pitiful haters.......

:hai:

I'm also convinced that ancient seal cooldown is the way to go tbh

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 12, 2019

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Skywrath W does nuts damage now and is huge range, what else would you max on support?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Red Red Blue posted:

Skywrath W does nuts damage now and is huge range, what else would you max on support?

People think you max Q because uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I don't understand why you would go Waveform Attacks Enemies when you could transform into your own Leshrac and have double diabolic edict going

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

I don't understand why you would go Waveform Attacks Enemies when you could transform into your own Leshrac and have double diabolic edict going

He's going Daedelus because his goal is to transform into Ember Spirit, not Lesh. Daed Ember is great and in a very similar regard, Daed Waveform Attacks are great

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

He's going Daedelus because his goal is to transform into Ember Spirit, not Lesh. Daed Ember is great and in a very similar regard, Daed Waveform Attacks are great

I mean that's cool and all but like how does that change the game? Morphling didn't lack damage this game, they just needed lockdown for the AM. Being a Daedalus Ember is cool but couldn't you just be a Shadow Shaman instead? Or like an Axe or something? Idk, I'm obviously much worse at DotA.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GranDGranT/status/1149534822336884736

DotA rules

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Ambivalent posted:

Kyle has been terrible, and Purge has been jabbing at Kyle back constantly, and it just makes me like Purge less

:smith: purge is my favorite dude and this makes me sad.

But also, he's terrible at math and sometimes it's painful to watch him struggle to do multiplication.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

I mean that's cool and all but like how does that change the game? Morphling didn't lack damage this game, they just needed lockdown for the AM. Being a Daedalus Ember is cool but couldn't you just be a Shadow Shaman instead? Or like an Axe or something? Idk, I'm obviously much worse at DotA.

Shadow Shaman is all single-target lockdown and you can't do that vs Ember AND Antimage. You grab the Ember and AM abyssals and kills you, you grab the AM and Ember quad remnants you to death. They weren't lacking damage only because of the Morphling, so you can't have him giving up that damage for utility. Transforming into Ember lets you do that damage from a safe distance, he's just the most valuable hero in the game to be, it's just way better to be him than any teammate and in that case the teammate talent is useless so why not get the waveform one

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Really been enjoying the SA and NA cast couches.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Goons also used to poo poo on Shadowblade relentlessly when it was actually super good and ended up getting nerfed several times.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Shadow Shaman is all single-target lockdown and you can't do that vs Ember AND Antimage. You grab the Ember and AM abyssals and kills you, you grab the AM and Ember quad remnants you to death. They weren't lacking damage only because of the Morphling, so you can't have him giving up that damage for utility. Transforming into Ember lets you do that damage from a safe distance, he's just the most valuable hero in the game to be, it's just way better to be him than any teammate and in that case the teammate talent is useless so why not get the waveform one

Idk, I still don't really get it. If you're an Ember, you have no way to kill AM or Ember so it doesn't matter that the damage you deal is safer. You have Linkens and BKB, you're really well situated to be relatively safe if you can stunlock one of the Aster cores. You can also Waveform in and use Call if you want an aoe stun. I just don't understand how you can ever kill Ember or AM if you're not turning into a hero with lockdown.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Kyle losing his mind already

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Ambivalent posted:

I thought sleep deprived Kyle and sleep deprived Purge talking poo poo while Basskip desperately tries to steer them back to dota was a cute dynamic v:shobon:v Not sure if I hate myself enough to listen to Nahaz though.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
This game has gone 80 min and is probably going to go another 80

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
This always happens when I decide to watch one more game before bed.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
im so glad that sven didnt have buyback

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I really appreciate that game ending because someone was too aggressive after 90 minutes.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I think that Kyle gets poo poo unnecessarily because part of his role on panels is to fill down time with noise and obviously a lot of that noise is going to be nonsense but it's still better than awkward silence while waiting for the next game.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alchenar posted:

I think that Kyle gets poo poo unnecessarily because part of his role on panels is to fill down time with noise and obviously a lot of that noise is going to be nonsense but it's still better than awkward silence while waiting for the next game.

Nah, Kyle thinks that he's the designated funnyman in every group that he's in and tries to one-up every person constantly to the point where he doesn't care about what other people are talking about, he just needs to say something. Nahaz told one dad joke, Kyle immediately starts interrupting discussions to tell four of them. Repeat ad infinitum.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Alchenar posted:

You can look at literally every other hub to see them filling time in better ways. Kyle just has... like, the sense of humor, the interests, the political acumen, of a 14 year old kid who found google. Or an NPR listener. And wants to demonstrate that, Actually, He Knows Things Now. And he does it even when the games are playing. And then, yeah, he tries to like, jab at other couch people and ~roast~ them in ways that don't land, or that would maybe work better if he knew the target better, or if everyone knew how to roll on after. He doesn't know when to let a conversation drop, or will pull a discussion back to a previous topic once he comes up with a killer joke for it. It just... really really uneven, but it's like he's aggressively mashing all his 'Socialize' buttons at once and holding them down.

gosh, I dunno, this is way too much analysis, but its mega bad and it is not some 'ah, it's just because he is burdened with filling time.' It happens during casts, between games, whenever.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Newbee eliminated. Quite a fall from ti7 finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Ambivalent posted:

You can look at literally every other hub to see them filling time in better ways. Kyle just has... like, the sense of humor, the interests, the political acumen, of a 14 year old kid who found google. Or an NPR listener. And wants to demonstrate that, Actually, He Knows Things Now. And he does it even when the games are playing. And then, yeah, he tries to like, jab at other couch people and ~roast~ them in ways that don't land, or that would maybe work better if he knew the target better, or if everyone knew how to roll on after. He doesn't know when to let a conversation drop, or will pull a discussion back to a previous topic once he comes up with a killer joke for it. It just... really really uneven, but it's like he's aggressively mashing all his 'Socialize' buttons at once and holding them down.

gosh, I dunno, this is way too much analysis, but its mega bad and it is not some 'ah, it's just because he is burdened with filling time.' It happens during casts, between games, whenever.

He and his bro were homeschooled which explains a lot.

Dunno, I find him trying really hard and falling flat on his face more often than not funny instead obnoxious because it feels genuine or at least he's selling the persona very well.