Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You shouldn't apologize. One side doesn't want people to be summarily executed for the suspicion of a misdemeanor, the other is fine with that.

Point out the people in GiP who think people should be executed for misdemeanors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Even with the "good" shoots, anyone would be hard pressed to say every one of those was absolutely necessary to prevent the cop's death. There used to be an idea that cops were doing a necessary job that carried some level of risk for the sake of public safety, but that has gone out of the window for the idea that even the slightest risk to the cop needs to be met with deadly force.

Over an average year, cops kill about 1,000 people while about 75 of them are killed (excluding traffic accidents). If even the slightest bit of required added restraint resulted in 10% more cop death but saved 10% of killed suspects, that's still a net savings of 92-93 lives. But of course every cop in the country would be howling about the imposition because the reality is that public safety just isn't a real priority.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
repeal the second amendment, disarm cops, beep boop problem solved

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

repeal the second amendment, disarm cops, beep boop problem solved

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hell just disarm cops

the working class must be armed by any means necessary, after all, and as we all know cops aren't working class, they're class traitors serving bourgeois interests

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Professor Bling posted:

hell just disarm cops

the working class must be armed by any means necessary, after all, and as we all know cops aren't working class, they're class traitors serving bourgeois interests

what the gently caress does arming the "middle class" accomplish?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

what the gently caress does arming the "middle class" accomplish?

The working class is not the middle class.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

The working class is not the middle class.

bad quote but yeah, what does arming the working class accomplish? They have access to guns now and they are getting hosed worse than ever

Edit : working to make this the double containment zone :cheers:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

bad quote but yeah, what does arming the working class accomplish? They have access to guns now and they are getting hosed worse than ever

Edit : working to make this the double containment zone :cheers:

It works within the context of a marxist uprising which is what i think Prof Bling was going for.

Outside that context not so much.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it actually makes quite a bit of sense if "working class" people live in areas where cops have a long response time if they're even going to show up in a way to where someone would call them in the first place

for most people a gun is better than a cop

Edit: that was literally the county sheriff's recommendation to my mother when she moved out of town: "yeah response time is like 45 minutes, so just buy a gun"

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 12, 2019

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

McNally posted:

Outside that context not so much.

Or when the clan is engaging in a voter suppression bombing campaign, or the local sheriff is beating poll watchers and stealing ballot boxes to protect incumbents.

Both of which have happened within a human lifespan in the U.S.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Steezo posted:

Or when the clan is engaging in a voter suppression bombing campaign, or the local sheriff is beating poll watchers and stealing ballot boxes to protect incumbents.

Yep. Duh me.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Steezo posted:

Isn't the klan an example of an "armed working class" itself though? Not that klan leadership wasn't almost completely overlapping with the political leadership of that area, but plenty of the rank and file were/are just blue collar racists.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Isn't the klan an example of an "armed working class" itself though? Not that klan leadership wasn't almost completely overlapping with the political leadership of that area, but plenty of the rank and file were/are just blue collar racists.

More class traitors since they were working to suppress other members of the working class.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Lincolns VP pardoning traitors after Lincoln was assassinated has been one of the worst things to happen to this country. Followed by the rear end in a top hat after Grant.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I get bored rolling through these tiny hick towns in the carolinas with thrir own PDs. Occasionally im borex enough to look at their salaries. How is 35.7 starting as a non certified recruit on the road co.pare to other places? I remember the last cop thread said they make trash. Im not thinking about joining just that bored working.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
nypd starts at 42.5, but you get a mulligan if you shoot someone in a stairwell

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tryzzub posted:

mulligan? more like a bonus, medal, and nice paid vacation

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Tryzzub posted:

You get triple if you make it downstairs after the second plane hits

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Professor Bling posted:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ing/1698540001/

Presented without comment because any honest comment I'd make on this would probably end up with me banned.

gently caress, the "disability" he's getting his pension for is the "mental issues" he got from straight up murdering a man.

gently caress.

Hope this dude is haunted by his memories for life. Hope he gets woken up at night by the imagined sounds of a man sobbing for his life. I hope this man wakes up to sleep paralysis every day and hallucinates a corpse on his hands and knees crawling over his paralyzed body. ”Please don’t kill me”

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Deathy McDeath posted:

Hope this dude is haunted by his memories for life. Hope he gets woken up at night by the imagined sounds of a man sobbing for his life. I hope this man wakes up to sleep paralysis every day and hallucinates a corpse on his hands and knees crawling over his paralyzed body. ”Please don’t kill me”

He will wake up smiling every time he remembers the events, and the disability checks will be his boat money when he takes a job with some small town sheriff who sees his murdering past as a resume builder.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol at the idea of that cop actually feeling bad about what he did.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Black sheriff's deputy vs white mall cop in standoff at IRS office
:thunk:
https://www.theroot.com/watch-white-security-guard-pulls-gun-on-black-cop-in-f-1836356876

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
More like Mall Ninja security dweeb needs to puff his chest out.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

1 count of menacing? He was also brandishing, public endangering, and a bunch of other poo poo I'm sure.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
that security guard ain't right, tell you what.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawasaki Nun posted:

that security guard ain't right, tell you what.

Now I'll have you know that the security guard went through a strenuous 20 hour course by an OPOTC certified instructor and fired a rigorous 38 round course of fire. He knew what he was doing.

He didn't

Edit: I forgot to add there was a 1 page written test

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

how are they all such whiny little bitches?

https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153442666815901696
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153459422020042752
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153468019844116481
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153673249881935874
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153675277060300805
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153703443162288129
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153717563479621632
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1153866485606965248
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1154085310810034176
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1154120880588333056
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/1154385411445100544

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I look through that twitter account and all I see is somebody really, really angry at POC.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
This entire loving thing is stupid. Dousing the officers is stupid as gently caress. Anyone that does it can get charged for at least disorderly conduct. At the least. If they resist, add on that charge. If they strike the officer while resisting, add another.

However, all the assholes saying that those guys should've went after whoever did it are stupid, too. It's a losing battle. Two guys surrounded by an entire neighborhood. They go to take one into custody, he might start to fight. His friends might join in. You are forced to use force and it escalates. Now you're outnumbered 10-1 and your only option is to go lethal. Yea you could use spray but that will only get you so far. And it's loving water, not rocks.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. You'll get criticized from both sides no matter what you do. Better to err on the side of restraint than to get into a huge brawl or possible OIS over some water when there's just the two of you.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Probably the most cop thing possible lol

gently caress cops

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All cops are that SBA account.

All of them.

gently caress cops.

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 25, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Professor Bling posted:

gently caress, hitting thosecops with bricks would have been far better than just water.

gently caress all coos, gently caress the NYPD in particular, and someone buy those cop-dunkers a fuckin beer.

Literally all cops are pieces of poo poo on par with that SBA Twitter account.

gently caress, dude. I thought when we try to keep abusive husbands from beating their wives we were doing some good for society.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chichevache posted:

gently caress, dude. I thought when we try to keep abusive husbands from beating their wives we were doing some good for society.

Taking your friends out camping for a weekend to get them out of the house isn't "doing good," hth

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Professor Bling posted:

Taking your friends out camping for a weekend to get them out of the house isn't "doing good," hth

That was a good burn and I'm glad I teed it up for you, but the point still stands that there is a need for law enforcement in our society. And I'd like to think that those of us on SA are good cops and good people.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Cops probably wouldn’t be getting doused with water if they were welcome members of their community rather than an external occupying force but I guess that doesn’t let enough people play soldier dressup

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

Cops probably wouldn’t be getting doused with water if they were welcome members of their community rather than an external occupying force but I guess that doesn’t let enough people play soldier dressup

:same:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Internet Wizard posted:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Internet Wizard posted:

it also doesn't help recruitment when job requirements include "has no priors" and "doesn't smoke a weed" and "can afford a four year degree"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Many departments are so short they're making exceptions for 4 year degrees and even if you've smoked weed in the past. A lot of departments are so shorthanded their guys are doing mandatory overtime 1-3 times a week just to cover the bare minimum of bodies.

If all departments got rid of the "never smoked weed" or "haven't smoked weed in 3 years/1 year" requirement, there would be a lot more bodies to fill those spots.