Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've only had to use a VPN to sign up the first time, but after that I've been able to access it from any device (phone, HTPC through a web browser, Plex, etc), anywhere, without one. Needing the VPN for the signup process, though, was enough hassle that I stuck with the Network way longer than i needed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://411mania.com/wrestling/12-ecw-supershows-to-be-added-to-wwe-network-on-monday/

quote:

WWE Network News reports that Monday’s classic content drop on the WWE Network will include twelve ECW supershows. This includes November to Remember 1994, which has never been shown anywhere in its entirety. Only clips were shown on weekly TV at the time. Here’s the full list:

2/05/1994 – The Night The Line Was Crossed [Duration: 02:07:29]
Terry Funk defends the ECW Title against Shane Douglas and Sabu in a Three-Way Dance. Plus, Public Enemy, The Sandman, and more in action!

05/14/1994 – When Worlds Collide [Duration: 01:45:13]
Terry Funk and Arn Anderson take on Bobby Eaton and Sabu in the main event. Plus, 911, Public Enemy, Kevin Sullivan and more in action!

06/24/1994 – Hostile City Showdown 1994 [Duration: 01:54:30]
Cactus Jack goes one-on-one with Sabu in the main event. The Tazmaniac battles The Pitbull in a Dog Collar Match. All this and much more!

08/13/1994 – Hardcore Heaven 1994 [Duration: 01:49:13]
Cactus Jack takes on Terry Funk in a legendary main event. Plus, Public Enemy, The Pitbulls, and many more take to the ring for action!

11/05/1994 – November to Remember 1994 [Duration: 02:29:18]
Ron Simmons challenges Shane Douglas for the ECW World Title. Plus, Public Enemey is in action, Dean Malenko faces The Tazmaniac, and more! – This event has never been released in its entirety, although portions aired on ECW’s weekly TV at the time.

04/08/1995 – 3 Way Dance [Duration: 01:46:29]
Public Enemy battles two formidable duos in a Three-Way Dance main event for the ECW World Tag Team Titles.

09/16/1995 – Gangstas Paradise 1995 [Duration: 01:40:03]
Mikey Whipwreck and Public Enemy get locked up inside a true Gangstas Paradise with New Jack, The Sandman, and an unexpected competitor.

12/29/1995 – Holiday Hell 1995 [Duration: 02:34:50]
Cactus Jack takes on Sabu in an Extreme Death Match. With Tommy Dreamer on his heels, Raven challenges The Sandman for the ECW World Title.

01/05/1996 – House Party 1996 [Duration: 02:25:00]
Public Enemy and The Gangstas take their rivalry to the streets. Konnan challenges The Sandman for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

02/03/1996 – Big Apple Blizzard Blast 1996 [Duration: 02:27:27]
The Sandman and Too Cold Scorpio battle The Gangstas in the main event. Plus, Cactus Jack, Raven, The Eliminators, and more in action!

04/13/1996 – Massacre on Queens Boulevard 1996 [Duration: 02:17:37]
The main event sees Too Cold Scorpio and The Sandman battle The Gangstas and The Headhunters in a Three-Way Elimination Tag Team Match.

04/20/1996 – Hostile City Showdown 1996 [Duration: 02:17:56]
Shane Douglas challenges Raven for the ECW World Title in the main event. Rob Van Dam faces Sabu. Plus, Brian Lee, Taz, and more in action!

Really interested to hear what people's takes are on the Night the Line Was Crossed main event since I'm sure a lot of people have never seen it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

These would be so loving good to watch if they weren't going to be edited and sanitized to hell with all of the music replaced.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Didn't ECW normally release their ppvs on vhs? What's so special about November to Remember 94 that it apparently never has been released?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrBling posted:

Didn't ECW normally release their ppvs on vhs? What's so special about November to Remember 94 that it apparently never has been released?

ECW didn't run Pay Per Views until 1997

They ran TV tapings and "Supershows" from 1993-1996 - and even after they started running PPV they kept doing Supershows anyway to draw house show crowds

The idea was that highlights from the Supershows would be cut up for TV and you could buy the whole show on VHS for $30

November to Remember 1994 also had its main event end in 2 minutes after Chris Benoit broke Sabu's neck - Heyman panicked and sent out 2 Cold Scorpio to replace Sabu and the fans weren't happy - that's probably why the footage was buried for 25 years

If an ECW Supershow wasn't released on VHS it was probably terrible

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 14, 2019

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've only had to use a VPN to sign up the first time, but after that I've been able to access it from any device (phone, HTPC through a web browser, Plex, etc), anywhere, without one. Needing the VPN for the signup process, though, was enough hassle that I stuck with the Network way longer than i needed to.

Yeah after the initial sign up you can renew or cancel from a Canadian IP without hassle. They take PayPal as a payment method and don’t check that it’s tied to a Canadian bank account.

As morally dubious as giving money to the WWE is, it’s a hell of a lot better than giving any more money than is absolutely necessary to the Rogers/Telus/Bell cartel. Definitely cancel that poo poo and switch to the real Network if you’re comfortable watching WWE programming in 2019.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/1150859465463402496

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
So is this network update going out one platform at a time?

Like Xbox, then later that day ps4, then roku etc?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm not sure, but apparently they'll be introducing the tiered-pricing shortly afterwards.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
That’s really smart. The product is so good right now I really want to pay more then $10 a month.

The last 2 months fxx has been showing Simpson’s seasons 1-8 on Monday and tuesdays. I’ve been watching more of that then raw and sometimes smack down every week.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
It just updated on roku. After banging around for the last few minutes it seems really cool. Now when you choose an event you can select what match or segment you want by hitting the down button. A saturday night episode even separated a 30 second taped freebirds promo and the 30 second reply from Terry Taylor and Greg Valentine.

It basically broke down the episode into a 17 part playlist that allows you to skip the next match/segment if you want. I looks like you can also add individual matches to a playlist, but I haven't figured out how to do it with my remote, there's a flag on the corner of each thumbnail. I think if I had a play station controller it would be easier to figure out.

When you select a wrestler from the glossery it only shows a few ppvs they were in, but doesn't go directly to that match. Maybe as the update rolls out they'll change that. I checked out Sid and it only showed wwf ppvs he was on. No wcw or Raws.

I found DDP, Vinnie Vegas (kevin Nash) and Scotty Flamingo (Raven) vs Buff, Johnny B Badd and Brad Armstrong from saturday night.

If I can figure out how to add stuff to a playlist I'm gonna be really happy.

E: Benoit matches are listed as “opponent” in singles action. Or triple threat for world title at wrestlemania xx

Basically if the description of the match is vague and Benoit was around at the time he’s in the match.

The American Dream fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 25, 2019

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to name him if people don’t want to see his segments? I don’t think Chris Benoit as a surprise opponent peppered throughout is a great idea

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah it’s a dumb half measure where they can’t/won’t remove him entirely but don’t want to be seen to be promoting a known murderer

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
They're less concerned about individuals not wanting to see Benoit and more about the bad PR of advertising/acknowledging his presence. Granted, everyone who knows anything about wrestling knows about the Benoit murders, we all know he has matches on the Network, but this is how the WWE does things, they just don't talk about certain parts.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Some other glaring issues such as no "See All" in the All Shows area of Originals meaning a very long scroll, and a few like issues elsewhere.

Needs work but it's a fine direction to go in.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My Roku app didn't update. Do I need to reinstall or something? Also non-HD broadcasts give you black bars on the sides of the screen now (at least on my tablet) which is really jarring and obnoxious.

Nevermind, it worked once I checked for update.

Yeah so non-HD broadcasts just don't full screen anymore. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty loving awful. I'd rather just stretch.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 26, 2019

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah so non-HD broadcasts just don't full screen anymore.
Good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I think black bars on either side of the screen are so, so much loving worse. It looks like absolute poo poo, even though the 2/3 of the screen you can still see look better I guess.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think black bars on either side of the screen are so, so much loving worse. It looks like absolute poo poo, even though the 2/3 of the screen you can still see look better I guess.

You are objectively 100 percent wrong about this one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

We found it, the one person on earth who wants to see a stretched out King Kong Bundy squash Slenderman Delivery Jones.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I have a 65 inch tv, I’m ok with losing like 4 inches on each side.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The American Dream posted:

I have a 65 inch tv, I’m ok with losing like 4 inches on each side.

It stretches the image out and makes it look like poo poo. You’re wasting your big tv.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

The correct image with the intended aspect ratio does not in fact look like absolute poo poo. The pillarboxing is not optimal, but saying the proper 4:3 image looks like poo poo is quite simply wrong.

If you prefer stretched widescreen and are used to it, I'm not gonna try to pressure you to switch to 4:3 on everything (even though as a video guy, stretched 16:9 actually hurts my soul and I die a little inside whenever I see it) because I know it won't help. Maybe if you watch enough 4:3 stuff on the Network, you'll quickly get used to the 4:3 image and won't even notice the pillarboxing after a while! :)

The_Rob posted:

It stretches the image out and makes it look like poo poo. You’re wasting your big tv.
I think their point was "I have such a big TV it doesn't matter if I have black bars on the sides" so they were agreeing with us

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Doc M posted:

The correct image with the intended aspect ratio does not in fact look like absolute poo poo. The pillarboxing is not optimal, but saying the proper 4:3 image looks like poo poo is quite simply wrong.

If you prefer stretched widescreen and are used to it, I'm not gonna try to pressure you to switch to 4:3 on everything (even though as a video guy, stretched 16:9 actually hurts my soul and I die a little inside whenever I see it) because I know it won't help. Maybe if you watch enough 4:3 stuff on the Network, you'll quickly get used to the 4:3 image and won't even notice the pillarboxing after a while! :)

I think their point was "I have such a big TV it doesn't matter if I have black bars on the sides" so they were agreeing with us

I sure hope so

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Okay let me rephrase. The image itself doesn't look like poo poo. I acknowledge it looks cleaner. But especially on smaller screens like my tablet for example, it feels really loving strange to feel like I'm watching in a tiled window or whatever when every instinct in me is to (theoretically) hit maximize so I don't have this really distracting black space.

Is that better? Admittedly I phrased it awkwardly.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Updated the app on my Fire TV and I really wish I hadn't. Watchlist is nowhere to be seen, search is worse, as if that was even possible, collections are gone. What a half-arsed job.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay let me rephrase. The image itself doesn't look like poo poo. I acknowledge it looks cleaner. But especially on smaller screens like my tablet for example, it feels really loving strange to feel like I'm watching in a tiled window or whatever when every instinct in me is to (theoretically) hit maximize so I don't have this really distracting black space.

We understand, you're just in a forum with people who care about aspect ratio being correct more than they care about the entire screen being filled up.

It's an argument as old as time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I get it but it hits the same spot of my brain as when i go to my wife’s parents house and they have a 60 inch 4K tv and only watch standard def. or when someone’s computer doesn’t have Adblock.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I bought a 69 inch tv and goddamnit wanna use all 69 inches.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nice

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Take it to the New Japan thread, Coach.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

What is the “free tier” someone mentioned on the conference call?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, where is all the vault stuff now? Specifically the Hidden Gems stuff. I can't find any of it now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

So, where is all the vault stuff now? Specifically the Hidden Gems stuff. I can't find any of it now.

Weirdly, I can't either. From what I can tell you can still find it if you search specifically for it, but it's not in its own section anymore. Same with the Collections. It's a massive overhaul, so maybe they're still shifting some stuff around?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Weirdly, I can't either. From what I can tell you can still find it if you search specifically for it, but it's not in its own section anymore. Same with the Collections. It's a massive overhaul, so maybe they're still shifting some stuff around?

Looks like I am not alone. From the replies to KO, it looks like maybe certain sections aren't updated properly yet. I don't see Nitro episodes either.

https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/1154899286716534785

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

Looks like I am not alone. From the replies to KO, it looks like maybe certain sections aren't updated properly yet. I don't see Nitro episodes either.

https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/1154899286716534785

All the WCW stuff is there. Just go to In-Ring and WCW, there should be a section for PPV, Nitro, Thunder, etc.

Some of the stuff is there but out of order though, like the Clashes of Champions, so I think they're probably just still working on moving some stuff around.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 27, 2019

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Anyone else a Canadian subscriber? In Canada you have to access the network through a cable provider, but it looks like the website and app removed the ability to login through your TV provider. This means I can only access the network via what's airing live on the cable channel. I'm cancelling if this isn't fixed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dacap posted:

Anyone else a Canadian subscriber? In Canada you have to access the network through a cable provider, but it looks like the website and app removed the ability to login through your TV provider. This means I can only access the network via what's airing live on the cable channel. I'm cancelling if this isn't fixed.

Gonna howl with laughter if they forgot about this and it causes them to haemorrhage subs in Canada

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Dacap posted:

They seem to have changed how it works. I have a US account, but it's been asking me to login through a Canadian cable account when I try to login, so I suspect it has something to do with location detection in the browser. Do you have yours disabled or are you running through a VPN or proxy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TealShark posted:

They seem to have changed how it works. I have a US account, but it's been asking me to login through a Canadian cable account when I try to login, so I suspect it has something to do with location detection in the browser. Do you have yours disabled or are you running through a VPN or proxy?

I'm mostly referring to the ios app, so no proxy or vpn. I'm talking to both the network and Rogers on Twitter and Rogers confirmed it's not working for them either, but it seems to work in browser. Looks like Canadians can't access it through apps anymore, at least for now

Gaz-L posted:

Gonna howl with laughter if they forgot about this and it causes them to haemorrhage subs in Canada

Also this, LOL