Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Costco let me down. I buy my fully loaded cart of stuff. Wait as the door person checks my receipt and my stuff. She informs me that I bought two of an item but the cashier only charged me for one.

She looks at me like I'm trying to steal. I reply "ok, what do I do now?" I have to drive my cart all the way back, and they ring me up at an un-used register, while everyone is staring at me.

Look at this guy trying to steal from Costco!!!

Then I get to wait in line again for the receipt person to check my poo poo.

Costco, you've let me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Man corrupts Costco as an institution, but Costco itself is infallible and divine.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

For the 5-8 gallons I usually fill up, any sort of line for gas is an immediate nope. Might be a different story if you have a giant SUV and drain the tank all the way every time.

People at the Costco I go to still haven't figured out that the hoses are set up so you can use any pump. I love seeing lines of 2 or 3 cars while there are also open pumps.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SA Forums Poster posted:

Costco let me down. I buy my fully loaded cart of stuff. Wait as the door person checks my receipt and my stuff. She informs me that I bought two of an item but the cashier only charged me for one.

She looks at me like I'm trying to steal. I reply "ok, what do I do now?" I have to drive my cart all the way back, and they ring me up at an un-used register, while everyone is staring at me.

That sounds completely reasonable.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
The balance is complete: I once got all the way home and couldn't find 2 bottles of margarita mix on my receipt. They had never scanned them in my cart. Sorry you got the bad side of the coin

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

SA Forums Poster posted:

Should have just chucked the un-paid-for item at the receipt monkey and high tailed it out if there.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I don't usually go back unless the item is like super essential.

Just means I get to come back another day :shepspends:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
The double charged me on some cantaloupe a couple weeks ago and the receipt checker caught it. I had to stand there at the door for 10 minutes while they sent a runner with my card to refund it. I guess I'm glad I didn't pay for something I didn't get though.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Anyone used costco travel for theme parks? My wife really wants to go to Universal in Orlando and was thinking about booking it through them.

We looked at it when we had our honeymoon in NZ, but just decided to get tickets and rent a camper ourselves since it was cheaper even though it didn't include as much stuff.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

SA Forums Poster posted:

Wow, they made you pay for something, how terrible of them.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I always use costco travel to book rental cars. It's just cheaper

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Anyone used costco travel for theme parks? My wife really wants to go to Universal in Orlando and was thinking about booking it through them.

We looked at it when we had our honeymoon in NZ, but just decided to get tickets and rent a camper ourselves since it was cheaper even though it didn't include as much stuff.
If its like a complete package, probably avoid it--from what I heard it's decent if you absolutely want to do zero work and have kids and want to get put into "resorts" and the package includes exactly everything you'd want and utilize, but it's fairly pigeon holed and could be paying more than if you went with something more tailored to your needs. you might get stuck on certain flight brands that suck, and hotels that are way more than you need (all-inclusive "family friend" resorts), and maybe too big of a rental car that you don't need.

They also sell admission ticket packages for theme parks by themselves by the gift-card area that are probably about the same price so you aren't getting a discount on admission vs those. A theme park vacation seems pretty easy to setup yourself but i could see the appeal in something like say, going to bahamas via costco travel vacation package with the kids or something where you absolutely don't even want to think about logistics at all and everything included is what you want, and that's perfectly OK.

The rental car service makes sense the most to use yeah

e: also Orlando Studios really sucked when i went in 2001 and was super boring, go to disneyworld instead. maybe its changed but what i've heard its they're mostly doubly down on "'sit in a chair 3d simulators and get shaken around a little bit with a crappy movie tie-in" rides

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 15, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Peachfart posted:

Wow, they made you pay for something, how terrible of them.

Pretty sure its more that they made him lose face in front of everyone

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Xaris posted:

e: also Orlando Studios really sucked when i went in 2001 and was super boring, go to disneyworld instead. maybe its changed but what i've heard its they're mostly doubly down on "'sit in a chair 3d simulators and get shaken around a little bit with a crappy movie tie-in" rides

Disney is all about those now too.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Do you people with receipt checker stories only buy a handful of items at a time or something? I've never had one of them do more than give my cart the most cursory of glances and quickly swipe a highlighter across my receipt while staring dully behind me at the line of carts stretching to eternity.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

Do you people with receipt checker stories only buy a handful of items at a time or something? I've never had one of them do more than give my cart the most cursory of glances and quickly swipe a highlighter across my receipt while staring dully behind me at the line of carts stretching to eternity.

They are very good at their job.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Mondian posted:

It really depends on the person doing the receipt checking. If you have someone who takes the job seriously they'll usually just check for expensive items and if any duplicate charges on your receipt match up with what's in your cart. But sometimes you'll get a 70+ year old person checking your receipt who just doesn't give a poo poo and will just blindly swipe the highlighter on your receipt.

The receipt checkers basically want to make sure the cashier didn't gently caress up, because like 95% of the time when they have to send you back for something it's not even your fault. And anytime that happens they take note of the cashier who made the mistake, and if it happens too many times with that person they'll get in trouble.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

No one will even remember it happened tomorrow.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
This Costco membership savings event is horseshit

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe he's looking at it all wrong and everyone was amazed at the VIP service he got when they opened a register just for him.

I buy alcohol maybe six times a year and the receipt checkers always check the wine to make sure I didn't swap a cheap bottle for an expensive one. I must look like a guy who steals only expensive wines.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Went to Costco. Looked for Bitchin Sauce. Forgot to actually find out if my Costco actually had some. Felt stupid. Bought some Kirkland Rum and a pair of 32° Mens joggers.

All in all decent trip!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Went to Costco. Looked for Bitchin Sauce. Forgot to actually find out if my Costco actually had some. Felt stupid. Bought some Kirkland Rum and a pair of 32 Mens joggers.

All in all decent trip!

If you have a Raley's/Bel Air nearby, they usually stock it too. Normally in the fancy cheese section.

My church doesn't stock it so I had to go that route.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

DiggityDoink posted:

If you have a Raley's/Bel Air nearby, they usually stock it too. Normally in the fancy cheese section.

My church doesn't stock it so I had to go that route.

Vons sells it aswell. I'm just a dumb dumb and forget to look into these things before hand.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Y’all want to know the secret to stopping the receipt checkers and their bullshit?

Look them straight in the eye as you approach.
Slowly insert the receipt into your mouth as you are maybe 5-10 feet away.
When you are in arms reach start chewing with big overstated movements.
Break eye contact, walk out.
Spit out receipt and throw it away. They log your purchases on your account and you won’t need the receipt ever again.

Works every time, all the time.

iMonarch
Mar 19, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

The sixth result is someone on the 311 forums also saying PBUC. my name is volatile I've been this way a long while I'd surely like to rest but the kirkland sigs get the best of me

Quote from a few months ago, but that's me haha. Trying to spread the good word wherever I am!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Where does Costco get their gas? BP? Citgo?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/744/~/where-does-costco-gas-originate%3F

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Ultimate Mango posted:

Y’all want to know the secret to stopping the receipt checkers and their bullshit?

Spit out receipt and throw it away. They log your purchases on your account and you won’t need the receipt ever again.

You could also show them your receipt and be a normal non-crazy person.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I once bought a single pair of socks and got a dog + refill and when i got to the door I handed the checker the receipt for the dog and she kinda just looked at the socks and me and then just marked the thing off and didn't say anything

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Xaris posted:

tbf the only reason to go to Universal is all the Harry Potter poo poo which, if you're into it, is insanely worth it apparently

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The Mount Olive Italian Plate lunchable-type things in a 5-pack are fantastic, PBUC.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

JK Fresco posted:

I always use costco travel to book rental cars. It's just cheaper

Used Costco to rent at Budget, in Las Vegas.

They had two lines, one for walk-ups, and one for Costco customers. "Woohoo, I thought, we get an express line."

Nope. They kept the walk-up line clear, and pulled someone from the Costco line when there was a free agent. I stood there waiting 70 minutes for the 6 people in front of me to get served, while maybe 20 people were walk-ups. I guess they know we already paid and can go gently caress ourselves, or something.

And then they crammed insurance on my final bill, which I explicitly declined.

Costco customer service took care of it for me... but goddam. Don't rent a car from Budget in Las Vegas, through Costco or otherwise.,

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For the rentals I've needed to do Costco has always been more expensive

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I’m headed to Florida for a long weekend and Costco was about half off of the Expedia type sites.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Ultimate Mango posted:

Please don't do this if you've used too small a slice after a big mud pie

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Please don't do this if you've used too small a slice after a big mud pie

Or if you are slapping down some pig poo poo with some fat fucks.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Snowmankilla posted:

I’m headed to Florida for a long weekend and Costco was about half off of the Expedia type sites.

I'm doing a week I Colorado and the Costco rental was twice the price of what I found on Kayak :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I went to cost company the other day to get some stuff, like 5 things, and some of it I left in the cart and some i put on the checkout conveyor belt.

The cashier just checked out the stuff in the cart but not the stuff on the belt so I was like "stuff on there is also mine" so he had to ring it up and I got 2 receipts!

I got a slice of pizza and then when I was going out the door I gave the recept checker both receipts and explained the situation and she was like "did you get asparagus?" and i pointed to it and was like "yeah there it is" and she said "alright have a nice day!" and I left.

That's my cost company receipt checker story thanks for reading.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hakimashou posted:

I went to cost company the other day to get some stuff, like 5 things, and some of it I left in the cart and some i put on the checkout conveyor belt.

The cashier just checked out the stuff in the cart but not the stuff on the belt so I was like "stuff on there is also mine" so he had to ring it up and I got 2 receipts!

I got a slice of pizza and then when I was going out the door I gave the recept checker both receipts and explained the situation and she was like "did you get asparagus?" and i pointed to it and was like "yeah there it is" and she said "alright have a nice day!" and I left.

That's my cost company receipt checker story thanks for reading.

This makes no sense. They ignored the stuff in front of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I went to BJs yesterday and literally every person in front of me was frantically ripping coupons and the cashier had problems scanning their poo poo so just 3 people took 30 minutes to do. No food court either. Absolutely trash tier.