Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Absolutely this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What is wrong with y'all The Dark Order rules, and I can't wait for them to get spooky with the best friends.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Has there been a submission win in AEW? I feel like they don't bother with submissions at all yet.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1150954512762527745

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The tragic attention tweet from colt

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Finally, they’re putting the Road To videos on the official AEW Youtube. Always thought it was weird that their best promotional material was going on another page.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Would love to have a crystal ball to see if Stu Grayson gets split off as a single.

They could do this but I hope they don't. Stu is a good wrestler but without a great act to distinguish him, he's, like, Lance Archer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The tragic attention tweet from colt

all tweeting is attention seeking.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I think Colt had a point; that's a super dated reference for those of us in their mid 30s plus, let alone some 22 year old. Does MJF just watch TV Land as much as he can?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

smikey posted:

I think Colt had a point; that's a super dated reference for those of us in their mid 30s plus, let alone some 22 year old. Does MJF just watch TV Land as much as he can?

gotta get your material from somewhere

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
MJF being a dated heel? Nooooooo never

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

smikey posted:

part of a good pompous bully gimmick is to make jokes that aren't funny but to still laugh at them yourself because you are a bully

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Colt is MJF’s dad so he’s allowed to critique.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

officer colt cabana is

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCikfJmTMp8

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
colt cabana is a never was loser and punk is right in suing him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGiJMwHsMQk&t=819s

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
marko stunt is going to turn on ABAHD and then become mini jf because he never got to ride luchasaurus

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to say ABAHD are my favorite tag team ever. Also aew has grabbed the attention if my non-wrestling fan friends.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Thank you for linking this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Just popping in to say ABAHD are my favorite tag team ever. Also aew has grabbed the attention if my non-wrestling fan friends.

I thought it was funny my friend who never watched AEW saw a boy and his dinosaur and his only question was "Do you think he really has a master's degree?"

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Medieval History, lol.

Of course he became a wrestler.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jonny Nox posted:

Medieval History, lol.

Of course he became a wrestler.

Imagine being a tall buff nerd who gets to wrestle as a dinosaur. He’s a true aspirational story imo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What is wrong with y'all The Dark Order rules, and I can't wait for them to get spooky with the best friends.

Seriously any stable that combines Chris Jericho with The Super Smash Bros is great.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BeaPriestley/status/1150707999654023169

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So did BR Live fix their app yet where it dumps you out of the show if you are on a time delay and it finishes, forcing you to wait a few hours to watch the rest of it?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1150998749465833472?s=19

Presumably this gets defended in AEW a bit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think that's a great idea, more Joshi wrestling in more places please!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Does TJPW have wrestlers working a lot of other promotions or is it pretty limited?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not the most well versed on DDT but I know they recently had an inter-promotional feud with Sendai Girls with matches happening on shows by both companies.

Not sure how it would work with weekly TV though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I posted this on the Fed Thread, but it seems to fit here too.

https://youtu.be/20s8u_iPm-w

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I've seen a lot of people talking about the Joshi's being a rough equivalent to WCW Cruisers in that they're a unique thing that will help AEW's product stand out both aesthetically and in-ring. That joshi fed belt and the idea that AEW might have defenses of their titles make me wonder: are the Joshis going to be largely uninvolved with the actual women's division for the AEW women's belt?

Like, if the Joshi division is the Women's Tag Division and their singles wrestling is limited to their own indy fed belts while the AEW Mainline women are the ones in the singles women's picture, it's not the end of the world. But if on the other hand the AEW Women are the core of both the women's AND women's tag divisions and the Joshis are basically doing exhibition matches and only every wrestle for their own belts... that I would not like.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sanguinia posted:

I've seen a lot of people talking about the Joshi's being a rough equivalent to WCW Cruisers in that they're a unique thing that will help AEW's product stand out both aesthetically and in-ring. That joshi fed belt and the idea that AEW might have defenses of their titles make me wonder: are the Joshis going to be largely uninvolved with the actual women's division for the AEW women's belt?

Like, if the Joshi division is the Women's Tag Division and their singles wrestling is limited to their own indy fed belts while the AEW Mainline women are the ones in the singles women's picture, it's not the end of the world. But if on the other hand the AEW Women are the core of both the women's AND women's tag divisions and the Joshis are basically doing exhibition matches and only every wrestle for their own belts... that I would not like.

i'd hope not. it seems like they're including western/non-joshi fed aligned westlers in with the joshis which is encouraging. nyla rose has experience working the joshi style herself so it makes sense that she was the first of the "mainline" roster to be involved in a non-tag match with them, and aja/awesome kong seems to indicate they're going to be mixing it up. i guess we'll see once the women's title actually gets unveiled and we see who's challenging for it, and i'd like to think we're in for a YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA reign sooner or later. it'd stink big time if they ended up like wcw's luchadors tho, i agree.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I don't think they'll try and run the Joshi as separate from the other women and they would be silly to do so, why limit the available range of opponents for your wrestlers? The (now mostly non-existent) brand split in WWE was a big mistake that divided a still small division at a time they were trying to push the idea of the women's division as on an equal footing with the men's. AEW would be foolish to do the same.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wonder if the idea right now is to introduce them in their own silo, see how the reaction is to them and their style, and then if all the business interests line up, start integrating them more and more.

These are wrestlers that aren't under contract to AEW. I'm sure there are limits to what you can have a Shoko or a Yuka do.

Hopefully everyone's seeing how much the fanbase has loved the Joshis thus far and they keep it going.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that 'joshis will be the wcw cruiserweights' quote from somebody who wasn't even part of aew was really taken too far in what it meant and i am going to tombstone piledrive it right here with this post. raaaaahhhh! rainmaker on that comparison!!!! i pin the wcw cruiserweight quote for the 1... 2... 3! it's done, for good! it was simply about showing something cool and different to a larger audience. and now that poo poo is yesterday's stanky trash

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hell yeah Cavauro! Kick that quote right in the rear end!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress, that quote just got jobbed the gently caress out, total burial :stare:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress, that quote just got jobbed the gently caress out, total burial :stare:

Cavauro should take that quote under his wing and teach it to be an rear end-kicker while it carries his belt around and wears his shirt

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

that 'joshis will be the wcw cruiserweights' quote from somebody who wasn't even part of aew was really taken too far in what it meant and i am going to tombstone piledrive it right here with this post. raaaaahhhh! rainmaker on that comparison!!!! i pin the wcw cruiserweight quote for the 1... 2... 3! it's done, for good! it was simply about showing something cool and different to a larger audience. and now that poo poo is yesterday's stanky trash

***3/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttdNBOG_dxU