Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Yes, that is the black core at the heart of the Empire. I think, embrace Chaos, let the world burn and from the ashes maybe something else will emerge. If not, what was there before was not worth preserving in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We know from being omniscient 3rd-person observers in places like chaos codexes that souls are real and that chaos fucks them up, and that chaos galaxy would be even worse than the imperium.

Hot-take interpretations of dumb fantasy are all the rage these days and it gets annoying. You can say the orcs are the proletariat and Aragorn is ushering in an age of reactionary white terror, but you’d be objectively wrong.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
While we're doing hot takes of dumb fake stuff: being an Ascended being in stargate seems extremely lame. Being possessed by a Goa'uld seems a lot better - you get powers you can actually use, you get jaffas, you get to hang out with Baal, where's the downside?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We know from being omniscient 3rd-person observers in places like chaos codexes that souls are real and that chaos fucks them up, and that chaos galaxy would be even worse than the imperium.

That's not a neutral POV. It was written by someone who wants to push the Imperium as the protagonist.

*Also why would I want to hang out with Baal, I'd execute that cloner to preserve the purity of the Gods.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 01:46 on Jul 15, 2019

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The only reason Chaos is the hellworld it's portrayed as is specifically because the collective sum of all psychically-sensitive races are irredeemably terrible, especially humanity. Every single warp-spawn entity is a direct reflection of a thoughts or feelings, both conscious and unconscious, of thousands of individuals. Trying to "defeat" Chaos by forcing people to not believe in gods was a foolish plan because they never got their powers from people actively worshiping them, they come from humanity being a sentient species with free will. It undermines the whole idea of the Emperor being some sort of god-like super genius because not only was he foolish enough to believe he could just use the force of his will to create a perfect society filled with nothing but rational actors, but the way he went about it only served to empower and entrench Chaos.

So no, the Imperium are the bad guys and the Emperor was not only arrogant prick but also wrong.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They go into a lot of detail about how awesome chaos is and how it will definitely win in the end though.

Non-Warhammer phuo: shows with important child actors should just have the story progress along with their puberty. Stranger Things for example already has time skips between seasons and the most recent season absolutely could’ve canonically been 3 years after season 1.

One of the kids has a goddam beard now irl. They are not getting believe they’re middle schoolers in season 5 in 2021 or whatever.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Look, I find both fantasy demon gods and "real" man-made gods suspect. If I have to choose between a demon of pleasure, and a god that demands me to deny myself, I will choose the demon every time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

While we're doing hot takes of dumb fake stuff: being an Ascended being in stargate seems extremely lame. Being possessed by a Goa'uld seems a lot better - you get powers you can actually use, you get jaffas, you get to hang out with Baal, where's the downside?

You become a passenger in your own body while some arsehole brainslug drives it around enslaving, torturing and murdering people.

Now if you'd said Tok'ra you'd have a point. They're at least willing to share.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cartoons need to stop spreading the idea that there is air inside stomachs, that if you were swallowed by a giant person or a whale or were shrunk down and went inside a normal-sized person's stomach, you could simply stand on a piece of food to stay out of the stomach acid. It's dangerous misinformation.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah, I’m going to believe you and not the magic school bus. rear end in a top hat.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well, for a start, you don't get those things, a cartoonishly evil alien snake gets those things and also your body.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

You become a passenger in your own body while some arsehole brainslug drives it around enslaving, torturing and murdering people.

Now if you'd said Tok'ra you'd have a point. They're at least willing to share.

The Tok'ra aren't exactly innocent/benevolent either. And they're still Goa'ulds, as O'neill points out several times. You just need to find a reasonable one and agree not to put up a fight.

e: remember the time the tokra were going to kill billions of jaffa just to win the war, for example

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Jul 16, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what the gently caress are you nerds talking about?

unrelated to this nerd poo poo: Brian Limond is the only good thing to some out of Scotland, or if you want to be a bitch, Europe as a whole. (you would be a bitch if you wanted to involve Europe in any way)

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Jul 16, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

unrelated to this nerd poo poo: Brian Limmond is the only good thing to some out of Scotland, or if you want to be a bitch, Europe as a whole. (you would be a bitch if you wanted to involve Europe in any way)

he told me I sucked at call of duty MW2 once back when he'd play with random fans. It was a fair statement. I think I went like 2-19 in one of the games.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I liked Trainspotting

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

he told me I sucked at call of duty MW2 once back when he'd play with random fans. It was a fair statement. I think I went like 2-19 in one of the games.

Sounds like he was just being kind

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

maybe you shoulda like, kissed him

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

maybe you shoulda like, kissed him

I would, but only if he was in his falconhoof costume

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Cartoons need to stop spreading the idea that there is air inside stomachs, that if you were swallowed by a giant person or a whale or were shrunk down and went inside a normal-sized person's stomach, you could simply stand on a piece of food to stay out of the stomach acid. It's dangerous misinformation.

are you trying to curtail the early adolescent formation of vore fetishes or something

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Chewin' the Fat, as available on Yankee Netflix, owns, Scotland in general owns, their accents own especially hard and if their women are as perpetually-horny as media makes them out to be, that owns hardest of all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hamburgers can be too juicy. If it ruins the bun you cooked it lovely.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

People who display cruelty to animals should receive way higher jail times if they commit any other offense, since they're likely psychopaths.

Whether you receive jail time at all should depend on personality more than anything else. There's no real sense in jailing someone who did something wrong but isn't likely to do so again, you're just making rehabilitation more unlikely. Psychopaths and sociopaths can't be rehabilitated so just put them away.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shibawanko posted:

People who display cruelty to animals should receive way higher jail times if they commit any other offense, since they're likely psychopaths.

Whether you receive jail time at all should depend on personality more than anything else. There's no real sense in jailing someone who did something wrong but isn't likely to do so again, you're just making rehabilitation more unlikely. Psychopaths and sociopaths can't be rehabilitated so just put them away.

Phillip K Dick should be taught at a HS level alongside Faulkner, Hemingway and Shakespeare.

It needs footnotes but

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tubgoat posted:

Chewin' the Fat, as available on Yankee Netflix, owns, Scotland in general owns, their accents own especially hard and if their women are as perpetually-horny as media makes them out to be, that owns hardest of all.

While chewing the fat (and indeed Limmy) are 2 of the finest things my country has produced I wouldn't say our woman are known for being particularly horny. They do drink a lot if that explains it though.

Accents here are weird, i especially hate the stereotypical Glasgow accent which isn't sexually alluring at all, ladies from the Highlands have very sensual accents though

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

unrelated to this nerd poo poo: Brian Limond is the only good thing to some out of Scotland, or if you want to be a bitch, Europe as a whole. (you would be a bitch if you wanted to involve Europe in any way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IzVGjWy070

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

even when he's playing a game it plays out like one of his skits

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

JollyBoyJohn posted:

They do drink a lot if that explains it though.
:hmmyes: + :swoon:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Any video game that lets you decorate your house should let you hang pictures of Orthodox Saints on the wall

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Any video game that lets you decorate your house should let you hang pictures of Orthodox Saints on the wall

this but that famous japanese painting of the guy with his hands out instead

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
People are too fragile these days. It's like they're growing up without building any sort of mental defenses anymore so they just constantly break and get depressed or sad or upset

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah they’re all snowflakes am I right

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Collapsing Farts posted:

People are too fragile these days. It's like they're growing up without building any sort of mental defenses anymore so they just constantly break and get depressed or sad or upset

Yeah, it's the kind of condition that's cultivated by not teaching your kids that failure or rejection is a part of life and how to deal with it. people will literally sue for libel if you say they're a dumdum for being such a dumdum, see: maddox

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
People are fragile these days, that's why Voltaire already described the bulk of our civilization diseases.

It's totally not the fault of the system that people grow up in atomized environments without any of the features required to lead a healthy life.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

There are some cases where i'd agree people are being raised in ways I wouldn't agree with, but when people say things like this they are almost always just mad that they got yelled at for calling someone a slur of some sort, which is fine to get offended by because they are objectively offensive.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yeah if only they had the courage to drown their very real problems with alcohol like previous generations.

I blame hippy lettuce for this degenerate wasteland of identity seeking self-aware cry babies

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I read a story about a town near where I used to live blasting "Baby Shark" in a park to get homeless people to stop sleeping in it, and I never heard of it so I started listening to it.

I've listened to the 60 minute loop video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M_FlkAiTSo

and it has played twice now while i'm working and I can't stop. I fear I may have officially gone insane. But my phuo is that it's not that bad. It's catchy. If/when I go to hell, there are much more annoying songs I'd hate to be subjected to for all eternity than this one. Like Love Shack.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
phuo: if you prefer that baby shark or johnny johnny poo poo to love shack on repeat forever you need a lobotomy

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

phuo: if you prefer that baby shark or johnny johnny poo poo to love shack on repeat forever you need a lobotomy

it would probably be for the best

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
We should start building underwater cities and put all our undesirables there, like gamers, homeless people, drug addicts, furries, youtubers etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Collapsing Farts posted:

We should start building underwater cities and put all our undesirables there, like gamers, homeless people, drug addicts, furries, youtubers etc

"instead of dealing with the problems our society faces in these days, we should just push it all to a place we can never see these problems"

really just stick furries under the sea. those degenerates like water sports, i'm sure they'll get a kick out of being able to surf forever.