Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There's a new internet critic with only four videos that did a very good video on Umbrella Academy.
It's not a total endorsement, but if you hated the series or didn't give it a chance this might give you the perspective of someone who did. Heavy exploration of how the characters were affected by their abuse, and a great section where the critic analyzes every woman on the show's make up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZZB1aU24Og

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/d0nnykong/status/1151215797919862785

:thumbsup: Trending Gamer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
how much longer until boogie goes full jontron

there's clearly something percolatin' just under the surface there

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

JordanKai posted:

I remember watching some of his videos all the way back in the early Escapist days. It seems his production values haven't improved much since then.

This isn't even the first video where he's beaten that scare chord into the ground.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Leal posted:

Wait they're making a moving of KotOR?

I guess I'll actually step in a theatre for the first time since becoming an adult and watch it so I can bitter about the things they did wrong from the game.

I don't think it's specifically a KotOR film, just a film that is taking place during the Old Republic setting/time frame. There's a bunch of comics and stuff in the setting that doesn't directly deal with Revan or The Exile.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

get that OUT of my face posted:

I can see the bottom falling out of Star Wars pretty quickly, to the point where it could be a footnote in Disney's ever-growing catalog of IPs in a few years. It seems to resonate far less with kids these days than Marvel does. I'd go as far as to say the main audience for new Star Wars movies are millennials and Gen X, and it feels like it has a bigger following among the latter generation because we grew up with the prequels and increasingly CGI-filled redos of the classic trilogy, followed by years of critiques telling us how bad those were.

Also, Marvel has a treasure trove of storylines and characters to mine. While it's possible to make a Star Wars story that isn't the usual, it's hard. And they're not going to go to the extended universe because those have been declared to be non-canonical.

Star Wars does have some built in limitations that I think the EU was running up against (ie needing to contrive another major conflict for the story to revolve around so that the "Wars" in the franchise title makes sense). And I do wonder if Disney has any long term plans for how to diversity the potential stories that could spin out of it.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The first half of a KOTOR movie would need to be running around Taris, followed by Dantooine and maybe one of the map planets to keep up with the pacing if the game

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Invictus posted:

how much longer until boogie goes full jontron

there's clearly something percolatin' just under the surface there

You mean expresses abhorrent opinions, gets dropped by all his friends, stays quiet for a year or so, then quietly goes back to work as if nothing happened? I don't see him shutting up for more than two weeks, so no go.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

The first half of a KOTOR movie would need to be running around Taris, followed by Dantooine and maybe one of the map planets to keep up with the pacing if the game

Peragus :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm the masochist who likes Peragus, fight me. It was better than Telos, which only gets good once you reach the hidden academy and confront Atris.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Boobie1488 does it again

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I read the commeents on that Boogie thing and frankly I'm confused as gently caress. Why don't people just talk normally

...So, here's something odd. True Geordie, person I've menshied various times in thread, has new podcast with total oval office:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVNXiNAS2tc

This is one of those weird ones where I'm interested in the content quite a bit, even though there's so much negative lol. I mean, Dan Bilzerian is Dan Bilzerian, guy who was born into fucktons of money and flaunts the poo poo out of it all. He's a complete oval office and basically proud of it -- you couldn't tell this loving dick nothing, because as far as he's concerned he doesn't even need to prove that he's some true alpha chadgod who swims in pussy and money and that's all there is to life. True Geordie can't help sucking his dick, and his partner Lawrence sits there in a kind of strange amused disgust. You can hardly identify with anything here, but there's still something enticing that makes you keep watching. Weird, lol. You'd almost want to be this fuckface for a day, just for the curiosity of it. What is it all about to be as big a rich oval office as Dan Bilzerian?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Kim Justice posted:

You'd almost want to be this fuckface for a day, just for the curiosity of it. What is it all about to be as big a rich oval office as Dan Bilzerian?

Personally, I would be afraid of breaking my tiny toothpick legs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm the masochist who likes Peragus, fight me. It was better than Telos, which only gets good once you reach the hidden academy and confront Atris.

Telos had the glorious robot revolution, which was a big mark in its favour.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/NiallSnipars/status/1151225198818947073

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:goofy:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/NiallSnipars/status/1151241145822957568

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lmao what a legend

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Boogie is foreverbad but this gaslighting twitter weirdo kid somehow comes across as the bigger douche here 🤔

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Boogie is foreverbad but this gaslighting twitter weirdo kid somehow comes across as the bigger douche here 🤔

https://twitter.com/NiallSnipars/status/1151262265678675968

I mean hell :same:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Darth Walrus posted:

Telos had the glorious robot revolution, which was a big mark in its favour.

B4D4 is totally complicit. T1N1 is just a psychopath.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Pfft, I had the personality issues before I touched a computer

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

In love with this.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Making a joke is totally worse than being a an obvious big racist, misogynist manipulator.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Now that I'm able to understand these posts better it's pretty freaking funny that the guys actually convincing people that this is some sort of deepfake. That's the real fun here as opposed to Boogie's ramblings.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Gnome de plume posted:

More accurately it would be the main character barely being able to survive Taris on account of being weak and easily killed, followed by instantly powering up massively when they became a Jedi, because you don't want to waste those level ups on the boring regular classes and save them all for the Jedi ones. Then the rest of the movie becomes a fun romp with lightsabers.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

stillvisions posted:

More accurately it would be the main character barely being able to survive Taris on account of being weak and easily killed, followed by instantly powering up massively when they became a Jedi, because you don't want to waste those level ups on the boring regular classes and save them all for the Jedi ones. Then the rest of the movie becomes a fun romp with lightsabers.

It would be 25% Pazaak by weight.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
A new one hit wonderland, this time about "The Night Chicago Died" by Paper Lace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtY38uMTil0

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

jaclynhyde posted:

It would be 25% Pazaak by weight.

With digressions into racing so they can actually get some money.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ryuga Death posted:

A new one hit wonderland, this time about "The Night Chicago Died" by Paper Lace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtY38uMTil0

glory be

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jim Sterling tore into SolSeraph, which was hyped as being the grand return of ActRaiser. You know that he either hates a game or thinks that it's completely unremarkable when he goes off an a minute-plus tangent about other games. It also didn't help that he hurt himself trying to do a funny voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwNIqWoUXk

Sure, it looks terrible, apparently controls terribly in the platformer parts, and seems to be a complete slog in the overworld/tower defense parts, but at least it's not teeming with microtransaction mechanics. That's how you know I've been watching too much Jim.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SFDebris has done a review of Pacific Rim.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9TzqNQBmr0

Mark Brown talking about how to make Dialogue driven gameplay fun.

Also SEGA pulled Alpha Protocol from Steam because the music rights expired. And they're holding onto the IP rights even though they're doing jack poo poo with the property.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 17, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Abolish copyright

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Heck yes.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Yogscast CEO very sad he is a sex pest and decides to step down

Mark "Turps" Turpin posted:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I’ve stepped down as CEO of the Yogscast. When I recently said we expected the highest levels of professionalism from our talent, I need to be held to those standards too.

I have sent some inappropriate messages to several members of our community and I’m deeply embarrassed about this error of judgement. There’s no justification or excuse for my behaviour. I was in a position of considerable responsibility and you all deserved better from me. If you’ve been upset by my actions, I’m very sorry.

Regretfully yours,

Turps

"Inappropriate messages" are allegedly showing off genitals in a video to a 17 year old girl amongst other things.

Popoto fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 17, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gigguk made a great video about why you should watch Attack on Titan and catch up because it's really, really good, and the next season is going to be the final season and include everything up to the finale of the manga. Video has spoilers sprinkled throughout it for the first 3 seasons of AoT(does not explicitly spoil season 3.5 which just concluded outside of vague mentions), but only a couple really significant ones outright out of the dozens of major things that happen throughout the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1I78uRiDI&hd=1

It's a shame the anime had to take a 4 year break and thus grind the unbelievably strong hype train for the series to a near-total halt, but I'm glad word of mouth is really doing a great job of getting people back on board especially now.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 17, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

im not gonna watch it because the title makes no sense.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Was voice actor/TOME creator Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi known to be a sex pest? Stumbled onto this:

https://twitter.com/lashiec/status/1151624138999717888

I wonder if Nick Rieketa is prepping the GoFundMe now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Why is the name PsyGuy familiar