Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IzVGjWy070

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Thanks for the new av, suckers!

lmfao fantastic

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

sounds like you've had to tell someone this before

It sounds more like someone else told him this and he's desperately trying to keep believing it.

I'm hoping someone posts the listing for the cheaper "cat harness" so we can all compare and save. :v:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you drew Goofy peeing on the ceiling this image would make just as much sense to me.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you drew Goofy peeing on the ceiling this image would make just as much sense to me.

A mouse, afraid of a mouse.

Ducks eating a chicken.

A dog, walking a dog.

At least I think that's what they're going for?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

CannonFodder posted:

The writers of Supernatural know their audience and leaned into it so hard that there's an episode where Sam and Dean go to a Supernatural convention and interact with people who love the characters of Sam and Dean.

Also, monsters show up.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1533530/

They know their audience and give them what they want for 15 seasons and counting.

Didn't they also bring up fanfiction in that episode and the fact the fans wanted the brothers to gently caress?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Ducks eating a chicken.

This part's true to life, all the birds I've raised go hog wild at the chance to eat their brethren when given the chance.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

This part's true to life, all the birds I've raised go hog wild at the chance to eat their brethren when given the chance.

The cockatoo I live with goes apeshit for chicken.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Elohssa Gib posted:

Didn't they also bring up fanfiction in that episode and the fact the fans wanted the brothers to gently caress?

Yes, and the brothers act disgusted by it. Most fans aren't that gross, but there are a handful of psychos who think that the (straight, married) actors who play Sam and Dean are secretly gay for each other, to the point of harassing their actual wives.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Yes, and the brothers act disgusted by it. Most fans aren't that gross, but there are a handful of psychos who think that the (straight, married) actors who play Sam and Dean are secretly gay for each other, to the point of harassing their actual wives.

Some fandom people are crazy. The "Harass the actors and their spouses because the actors don't live their ship IRL" is a terrifyingly prevalent attitude amongst the hardcore shippers.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tashilicious posted:

Some fandom people are crazy. The "Harass the actors and their spouses because the actors don't live their ship IRL" is a terrifyingly prevalent attitude amongst the hardcore shippers.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wasn't said husband James Gunn?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

CannonFodder posted:

The writers of Supernatural know their audience and leaned into it so hard that there's an episode where Sam and Dean go to a Supernatural convention and interact with people who love the characters of Sam and Dean.

Also, monsters show up.

They know their audience and give them what they want for 15 seasons and counting.

TBF that particular circumstance was because god, ultimately. I doubt the same can be said for scooby doo, considering that god went away (i think? it's been a while)

There's also an episode where they meet some high schoolers putting on a Supernatural play.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Supernatural got real bad real fast and just very quickly became a farce version of itself. They ran out of ideas and just started doing goofy dumb poo poo, which is fine I guess

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Supernatural got real bad real fast and just very quickly became a farce version of itself. They ran out of ideas and just started doing goofy dumb poo poo, which is fine I guess

I never was a fan, but I've seen a couple of episodes, where one was a black and white noir movie pastiche, and another was like a Ghostbusters spoof. The thought of people taking the show's lore seriously is baffling to me.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s a show def past its prime but it’s still fun. Time to go, though.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the show was originally supposed to be five seasons. The fact it went fifteen is something of a miracle. But yeah, they have a lot of problems with "where do we go from here" after five years.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's also an anime series of Supernatural, voiced in english by the actual cast.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

TBF that particular circumstance was because god, ultimately. I doubt the same can be said for scooby doo, considering that god went away (i think? it's been a while)

There's also an episode where they meet some high schoolers putting on a Supernatural play.

Also had a pretty good reinterpretation of "Carry on wayward son"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AGQbe9mWZU&t=46s

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, is a duck eating a chicken any different than humans eating cows and pigs? Chickens and ducks are both birds, but not even the same family, and same with us and the mammals we eat...until we start mass-breeding monkeys and apes for food, that is. :chef:
Edit: Ok, just apes, we're not in the same family as monkeys, just order.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

the show was originally supposed to be five seasons. The fact it went fifteen is something of a miracle. But yeah, they have a lot of problems with "where do we go from here" after five years.

Yeah, to the point where the show's main showrunner/creator straight-out said that if people wanted to just watch the first 5 seasons and then pretend that the show ended, that was fine with him, because that was the story he wanted to tell.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0QZP2RKWA

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

They didn't call him Richard Scary for nothing

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, is a duck eating a chicken any different than humans eating cows and pigs? Chickens and ducks are both birds, but not even the same family, and same with us and the mammals we eat...until we start mass-breeding monkeys and apes for food, that is. :chef:

I would be weirdly disturbed by eating an ape, personally. This is the thing that evolutionarily sets me above avians.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what about a bear that had been trained to walk on two legs

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrBouvenstein posted:

We're way closer to old world monkeys than new world monkeys :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

No, because you could make money charging people to see that, something avians have no concept of.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

guys i don't understand this jpeg

please explain further

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

CannonFodder posted:

Also, monsters show up.

How is this poo poo still going on

I didn't even know this show existed until season 8, and figured it was more WB trash poo poo TV, and now we are in the future and that poo poo won't end

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Don't worry, in time it'll be forced to uphold the family tradition and become a cop.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

hawowanlawow posted:

Bear is a real mixed bag as their taste is determined by what they eat. If they eat lots of meat, they get kind of greasy. If they eat vegetables they taste pretty good. There's reports that bears that gorge on blueberries over the summer start turning their meat blue & definitely alters their taste.

I imagine that if some cannibal eats me they'll get notes of Taco Bell Doritos Locos Tacos & Red Bull.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Captain Hygiene posted:

No, because you could make money charging people to see that, something avians have no concept of.

You should check out what crows are up to these days.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Bojack Horseman already covered the morality of cartoon cannibalism

https://youtu.be/y4xytsouUYo

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FactsAreUseless posted:

Someone brought up the Goofy & Pluto thing about them both being dogs a long time ago...the "theory" apparently was that Goofy was considered more humanized/people because he wears clothes. Always got a giggle out of me that the only thing separating lower-animal forms from higher ones in Disney is a shirt or pair of pants.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Someone brought up the Goofy & Pluto thing about them both being dogs a long time ago...the "theory" apparently was that Goofy was considered more humanized/people because he wears clothes. Always got a giggle out of me that the only thing separating lower-animal forms from higher ones in Disney is a shirt or pair of pants.

Checks out.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Scaramouche posted:

Wasn't said husband James Gunn?

They've been divorced for like a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I seem to remember (I think)Neil deGrasse Tyson saying that he asked someone at Disney about this and they confirmed it.