Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dominic Deegan is not on screen, so all the other characters are asking, "Where is Dominic Deegan?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s cool that the torn page is written in like 100 pt text so we can read it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Put me down for "Dominic Deegan is alive in some way"

I’m gonna raise you that Dominic is technically dead, but when he saw “everything” once he lost his magic he saw something that made him want to puppetmaster Snout and that dead woman together.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The character will magically heal from their disabilities once it becomes too difficult for Mookie to write around.

That or he'll start showing thought bubbles and make every other character telepathic, like Jon from Garfield.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snout spoke while in the... elemecca? Whatever the gently caress place the final battle took place. So weird magic loving with his deaf/mute thing is already established. At least I think that was Snout?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
That was Bort. He could speak but he was incoherent, more so than every other Deegan character.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Ague Proof posted:

The character will magically heal from their disabilities once it becomes too difficult for Mookie to write around.

That or he'll start showing thought bubbles and make every other character telepathic, like Jon from Garfield.

I hate that this is exactly what will happen.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Supposedly this entire storyline will be completely without dialogue: http://www.dominic-deegan.com/about-dominic-deegan/

quote:

The Legacy of Dominic Deegan is set 200 years after the events of Oracle for Hire. A deaf mongrelman called Snout stumbles upon a mysterious scrap of paper, and his curiosity drives him to search for clues regarding an obscure librarian from a centuries-old city across the world. Snout must determine if he can trust what he sees, reads, and learns in his quest for the untold fate of Dominic Deegan.

Note: This entire story is told from Snout's perspective, so there will be no dialogue on any page.

Dunno if that means it's just a short one-shot or if he's committed to an entirely new epic storyline without any dialogue.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Supposedly this entire storyline will be completely without dialogue: http://www.dominic-deegan.com/about-dominic-deegan/

Dunno if that means it's just a short one-shot or if he's committed to an entirely new epic storyline without any dialogue.

It is almost certainly the latter. I suspect Mookie will continue to cheat by using writing and if/when other characters are introduced sign language, telepathy, etc.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

There's a new page but don't bother, the story is not advanced at all and nothing is explained.

The most notable thing about this page is that Snout's, uh, snout, looks completely different in every panel. Mookie's only consistency as an artist is his inconsistency.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

God, what the gently caress? If there's one thing Mookie ought to be able to draw by now, it's snouts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Invisible Clergy posted:

If there's one thing Mookie ought to be able to draw by now, it's snouts.
:vince:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

not good or terrible but insanely dull

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I believe everyone actually backing this kickstarter is secretly hoping the 50K stretch goal is not reached.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Apparently this comic was also a stretch goal that wasn't reached, but he did it anyway.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

How much do we have to pay to stop him?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Awfully tempted to get super high and read through starpower this weekend.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Better idea, get super high and read through Dr. McNinja.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

Good luck. I tried that (minus the super high) and only got halfway into the first issue. I'd describe it as really boring Mass Effect + Green Lantern fanfiction.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh hello

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I love you

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pawg From Produce
Feb 11, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Pawg From Produce fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 18, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There it is

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 18, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We all knew it was only a matter of time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's the final showdown with whoever the evil jock villain turns out to be.

Panel 1: A dead woman, rear end up.

Panel 2: The deaf, retarded monsterman is on his last legs after an impressively incoherent fight. He waits for the finishing blow to come.

Panel 3: Suddenly, the triumphant villain looks off-panel

Closeup of a cane.

Closeup of a scarf.

"Kept you waiting huh?"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mordja posted:

"Kept you waiting huh?"
The audience unanimously projects a 'No' into the comic

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

God, it's loving perfect. Well done.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Big rear end wizard is alive, y’all.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

But she's bleeding and half dead. Mookie is still into it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Oh that was never a question, the inktober he references was mostly made up of blood (or ink as he puts it, in one the ink is red and she’s rising from a tub) covered witches.

I prefer the snouts to that profile of the witch (but not Snout’s snout).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TheHan posted:

I prefer the snouts to that profile of the witch (but not Snout’s snout).

It was only just now that someone mentioned it that I realised why I was bewildered seeing that panel this morning. I was thinking to myself "why is this confusing me? It's a normal face?"

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
I like how she has no visible wounds at all, just random streams of blood. And because of the art, I can't tell if she's supposed to be wounded, just covered in blood, or what. This is gonna be a fun ride. :allears:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

I like how panel 5 is blatantly someone else's face completely.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah it's clear how tortured Mookie's art is when he actually has to try. Take an anatomy class or two, duder.

I even hate his signature. It's like the way an 8 year old might sign things because he thinks it looks cool that way, but will spent minutes getting it JUST right instead of just banging it out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I actually had the ring sound effect and continue song play in my head.

Edit: And the page is still loving Goatse. I love you.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Lastest hit single by Santana "Dead Basket Woman"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Is his art getting worse or is it just because he's attempting to go outside of his comfort zone of side view talking heads?