Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Burt Sexual posted:

This makes no sense. They ignored the stuff in front of them?

The cashier didnt push the button to make the conveyor belt convey the stuff to him and it was still down toward the other end.

As for the receipt checker not seeing the asparagus I dunno, it was on top of some other stuff but it was right there in plain sight.

I made a drawing of what happened

part (1) i have reached the checkout lane, there is a group of people in front of me who have a cart full of stuff but nothing on the conveyor belt. I place some small items (peaches, asparagus) on the conveyor belt at the far end, since I can't move any closer to the cashier because of the people, and leave the large items (TP, other stuff) in the cart.

part (2) the cashier moves my cart up, takes my costco membership card, scans the stuff in the cart, pushes a button, and the credit card reader beeps and I remove my card. He hands me my receipt and my costco membership card and I notice that the conveyor belt was not rolled forward with my other items. I inform him politely and he rings them up too in a seperate transaction (two receipts!).

part (3) I reach the receipt checker at the exit door, I hand her both receipts and explain why I have two. She looks at all the stuff and counts it, then asks whether I got asparagus. The asparagus is on the upper basket/kid seat part of the cart on top of the box of peaches, I point to it and say "yeah its right there" and she bids me a good day and I leave to my parking spot which was really close to the entrance (yeah!) and drive home.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hakimashou posted:

The cashier didnt push the button to make the conveyor belt convey the stuff to him and it was still down toward the other end.

As for the receipt checker not seeing the asparagus I dunno, it was on top of some other stuff but it was right there in plain sight.

part (1) i have reached the checkout lane, there is a group of people in front of me who have a cart full of stuff but nothing on the conveyor belt. I place some small items (peaches, asparagus) on the conveyor belt at the far end, since I can't move any closer to the cashier because of the people, and leave the large items (TP, other stuff) in the cart.

part (2) the cashier moves my cart up, takes my costco membership card, scans the stuff in the cart, pushes a button, and the credit card reader beeps and I remove my card. He hands me my receipt and my costco membership card and I notice that the conveyor belt was not rolled forward with my other items. I inform him politely and he rings them up too in a seperate transaction (two receipts!).

part (3) I reach the receipt checker at the exit door, I hand her both receipts and explain why I have two. She looks at all the stuff and counts it, then asks whether I got asparagus. The asparagus is on the upper basket/kid seat part of the cart on top of the box of peaches, I point to it and say "yeah its right there" and she bids me a good day and I leave to my parking spot which was really close to the entrance (yeah!) and drive home.

Incredible, I hope you posted this on Costco.com/comments

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Burt Sexual posted:

This makes no sense. They ignored the stuff in front of them?

It tends to happen when the cashier has several people in a row either not have a cart or not unload anything onto the belt.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Valth001 posted:

It tends to happen when the cashier has several people in a row either not have a cart or not unload anything onto the belt.

Or if you're 7 hours into your shift and your brain is turning into mush from performing the same repetitive task for the 150th time.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

where was all this in relation to the urinals and the ceiling?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Laterite posted:

where was all this in relation to the urinals and the ceiling?

I was gonna ask how is this situated with the food court

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna need some more views on the play here. Doesn't look like both knees made contact with the ground.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 18, 2019

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

There was a second cashier!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
OK I've prepared an Incident Map that I hope can bring more clarity especially in light of these questions:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
man you got so much room after the registers and before the food court. ours is seriously like maybe 2 cart-widths, but with the line and stuff at the food court its like 1 cart and usually blocked with people standing around, and getting out is awful. its' a terrible design and i wish they'd revamp and put the food court outside or something.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

OK I've prepared an Incident Map that I hope can bring more clarity especially in light of these questions:

im sorry this drawing is totally disorienting without the location of the rotisserie chicken and BEEF areas

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It is pretty spacious yes but also the map is not strictly drawn to scale.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

im sorry this drawing is totally disorienting without the location of the rotisserie chicken and BEEF areas

Those areas are on the other side of the store (diagonally) from the incident area.

Like imagine you're above the store and just behind the back left corner of it as it would be orientated when you came in, looking across the longest diagonal from that point to the opposite corner (if the store had no roof) you'd be looking right at the food court/ incident area. The point to your immediate left is the bakery and along that same wall a ways is the beef area and then the rotisserie chickens.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

hakimashou posted:

I have never seen a Costco with this layout and its hurting my brain. Every one I've been in you check out, have the food court straight ahead (except for one that is outdoors) and you exit to your left to get the receipt person.

I have the opposite problem almost every time. I don't use a cart because I carry all my items in my hands like a man and without fail they'll scan my poo poo on the belt and then also start scanning the next idiot's cart. Or they'll put my stuff in the next idiot's now empty cart if that idiot put all his poo poo on the belt.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
That map could very easily be my local Costco. The one I go to is laid out almost exactly like that at check out right down to the location of the onions and tire center.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

:thunk:

I'm gonna need you to highlight the bitchin sauce.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Inspector 34 posted:

That map could very easily be my local Costco. The one I go to is laid out almost exactly like that at check out right down to the location of the onions and tire center.

It's almost like there is a small number of standard layouts that are used for each store

Current coupon item reviews:

Coconut almonds: these should be called coconut bombonds because they're so hecka bomb. Final grade: A

stonefire naan bites: INFERIOR to the larger full size naans for some reason, more bready or something? Final grade: C-

craisins: amazing if you like dried cranberries. The value is off the charts as it's basically half off- $4 off $8. Final grade: A- based on price if you like cranberries

vitamin water zero: Vitamin water zero kind of loving sucks. The Kirkland Vitarain (basically the knockoff vitamin waters) are way way better and cheaper. Final Grade: C-

stainless steel paper towel holder: not bad but again, basically poo poo compared to the king of paper towel holders, the Simplehuman tension holder, which is lifechanging. Final grade: N/A buy the simplehuman

smart water: I don't know what smart water is, nor do I trust it. Final grade: smart water?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

It's almost like there is a small number of standard layouts that are used for each store
stonefire naan bites: INFERIOR to the larger full size naans for some reason, more bready or something? Final grade: C-

yeah i bought these last sunday when i picked up more bitchin' sauce and haberan cheese block and some misc stuff. they're like, really floury-tasting or something. they're edible, but not great. it does not work at all with the bitchin' sauce either, which is kinda disappointing. idk might be fine if i made a curry to dip into.

also my costco carried these strawberry filled croissants with powder sugar next to their plain ones. i think i'd probably give it a B-/C+. you get 8 of them for a buck or two more than you pay for the 24-pack of plain, so less value there. the strawberry filling is like, rather super runny and idk kinda offputting. they aren't that sweet, which i think is fine, but would be better if they were like an almond croissant with a thicker marizpan+raspberry filling instead

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Xaris posted:

also my costco carried these strawberry filled croissants with powder sugar next to their plain ones. i think i'd probably give it a B-/C+. you get 8 of them for a buck or two more than you pay for the 24-pack of plain, so less value there. the strawberry filling is like, rather super runny and idk kinda offputting. they aren't that sweet, which i think is fine, but would be better if they were like an almond croissant with a thicker marizpan+raspberry filling instead

Almost bought these last week, good to know they are meh.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
My Costco in Hawaii is an outdoor food court old design. We check out and the the tires and ice and coffee grinding are along both sides of a huge isle as you exit to the left, the one here in Washington has the inferior interior food court and it sucks trying to both order food and exit the store, although obviously the one here on the mainland has 100% more variety.

Washout fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 18, 2019

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I ate two mothafuckin dogs last week

One with just ketchup, for the child in me
One with ketchup, mustard and relish for the man in me
When I’m on my deathbed, bring me a plain dog with nothing, I want to taste the juicy all beef dog and soft bready bun purely once more before I go

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also am I crazy or is the cheese pizza better than the pepperoni? I swear the pepperoni has like 3x less cheese the regular plain cheese pizza

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Also am I crazy or is the cheese pizza better than the pepperoni? I swear the pepperoni has like 3x less cheese the regular plain cheese pizza

There's 10oz more cheese on a whole cheese than on the pep.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Compare the calorie counts. The cheese and pepperoni are comparable, it's coming from somewhere (it is more cheese).

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus
Digital membership cards are coming. You didn't hear it from me.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do you guys not order the combo pizza? Maybe I'm just always in DEAL MODE at Costco but I almost never get just pepperoni or cheese. Pizza places have probably trained me to overvalue a variety of toppings

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bigchops posted:

Is a Mobile app that will actually keep me signed in coming too?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bigchops posted:

I’ll keep my plastic card around to flash fervently and triumphantly whenever I enter the hallowed halls.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 18, 2019

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you guys not order the combo pizza? Maybe I'm just always in DEAL MODE at Costco but I almost never get just pepperoni or cheese. Pizza places have probably trained me to overvalue a variety of toppings

I mean I’m not all ewww vegetables yucky or something but I never got why someone would want bitter green and red peppers on something like a pizza

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Is a Mobile app that will actually keep me signed in coming too?

Not empty quoting.

Also, a mobile app that’s more than just a wrapper for the mobile website.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Toxic Mental posted:

I mean I’m not all ewww vegetables yucky or something but I never got why someone would want bitter green and red peppers on something like a pizza
If you think bell peppers are “bitter” do you go into shock drinking lemonade or eating key lime pie?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I normally get with toppings but I had my first cheese slice at Costco in like 20 years and dear lord that's a Lotta cheese

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

david_a posted:

If you think bell peppers are “bitter” do you go into shock drinking lemonade or eating key lime pie?

I looked up the taste profile of bell peppers on google. Yup they're described as bitter. Sorry that offended you.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Coredump posted:

I looked up the taste profile of bell peppers on google. Yup they're described as bitter. Sorry that offended you.

Do you not know what vegetables taste like?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Bell peppers are bitter. They don't magically become not bitter because they're not as bitter as a lemon.

That's like saying a peach isn't sweet because it's not as sweet as a slice of cake.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Maybe raw bell peppers are bitter but cooked peppers are almost sweet.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
peppers suck rear end on pizza, sorry but it’s true.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Maybe raw bell peppers are bitter but cooked peppers are almost sweet.

It also depends heavily on the color I suppose.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

peppers suck rear end on pizza, sorry but it’s true.

also true

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I’m not the one offended someone called a bell pepper bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Coredump posted:

I’m not the one offended someone called a bell pepper bitter.

I'm not offended by called bell peppers bitter, but rather that you had to Google the taste profile of a loving vegetable