Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SpecialForm12/status/1151384223271571456

https://twitter.com/TrnMinhThun18/status/1151386627597463552

There appears to be some minor boobplate incorporated into the armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oh drat

https://twitter.com/InKDexpereince/status/1149361144659759106

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol, there are pikachu comparisons already.

https://twitter.com/NerfNews_jp/status/1151492534901723136

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
please don't fridge her please don't fridge her

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It seems one of the themes might be dealing with and overcoming prejudice, with the references to the secondary riders hating HumaGears, which are the commonplace AI that are being turned into the monster-of-the-week by terrorists.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, is our main Rider going to be a super prototype HumaGear, or will it be a secondary Rider?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pyroi posted:

So, is our main Rider going to be a super prototype HumaGear, or will it be a secondary Rider?

Probably the former given that his dad apparently had connections to the original project and his unique Driver.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cool, she'll be a cute racist. canceled.

I'm kidding. Sorta, I mean sentient robots sounds kinda cool, shooting them out of hand sounds like police brutality. This'll be a weird show to process.

Kinda like Ultraman Taiga. At least they made the villain a total dickweed. Popping the girl's balloon, I hope Tagi kicks your spleen out, Tregear. Anyway the whole civilian agency outsourced to handle governmental matters seems pretty illegal, especially over a cheap dinner(they said meat on a stick, right? That's like the whole family eating for $20 kind of meals). At least go for the conveyor belt sushi. poo poo, I'd take whatever the going rate is for hanging out with alien gangsters for a steady supply of sushi. This show gives me the munchies.

Also Taiga is super destructive. There's no way they got that blast radius cleared in time. I think it was Max that had the bit where there earth defense force dude that always quotes the ultraman vow is giving the ultraman poo poo for wrecking the city. Except this time the admonition is replaced with horror. Because holy gently caress, Ultraman just killed the dockside insurance policy. And maybe midtown's too. They'll name the impending financial crisis after you, Taiga. And your lovely pet just killed hot cocoa night for the local orphanage, too.

And what's up with the transformation kit? It looks like recolored Naruto stuff. Ninja arm shield and shurikens. Plus a bracelet and a ring because, gently caress it, we're just throwing this poo poo in a vending machine and hoping for the best. At least the vinyl figs will be rad.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 18, 2019

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I can't believe the whole series came and went and nobody told me Ultraman R/B was pronounced "Ultraman Rube."

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Don't forget the composite Ultraman G/R/B, pronounced 'Groob'

All three Ultrapersons had to fuse in the movie to form Groob, who was in turn the only being powerful enough to beat the stuffing out of Treagar. No doubt Taiga is gonna have to do the same thing.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I can't believe the whole series came and went and nobody told me Ultraman R/B was pronounced "Ultraman Rube."

I mean that's in the opening song

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What a R/B

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Oh boy, bad awkward jokes. That is going to be a struggle to translate, and I can already see the petty shitstorm coming from the TV-N crowd for changing anything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Eponymous posted:

Oh boy, bad awkward jokes. That is going to be a struggle to translate
Did you never watch the O-T sub of Kyoryuger? They consistently knocked it out of the part.

Eponymous posted:

I can already see the petty shitstorm coming from the TV-N crowd for changing anything.
And their tears will be delicious. :munch:

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

PMush Perfect posted:

Did you never watch the O-T sub of Kyoryuger? They consistently knocked it out of the part.

Oh, agreed, I'm just not envying the effort required.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

they need to make direct sequels to the anime Godzilla trilogy and Shin Godzilla or else this makes no drat sense

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status/1151919639439519745

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
so reiwa is the era of garbage godzilla

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shin Godzilla is fantastic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's like how Shin, ZO, and J are classified as Showa, but in the other direction timewise

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Elfgames posted:

so reiwa is the era of garbage godzilla

?????????????

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

It's like how Shin, ZO, and J are classified as Showa, but in the other direction timewise

Honestly you just have to look further back.

Return of Godzilla is a showa rear end showa movie made in the showa era of the showa year 1984

They still officially consider it a Heisei movie because it kick started the Heisei Era

eventually

The truly disheartening thing is that Toho considers the anime Godzilla movies Godzilla movies at all

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ignis posted:

I mean that's in the opening song
That's how I found out! I was at a local festival and some preschool boys did a dance to the R/B opening (loving adorable) and that was the first time I'd ever heard it since I don't watch Ultraman (yet.) I had never considered how it would be pronounced but I would never have expected Roob.

Binary Badger posted:

Don't forget the composite Ultraman G/R/B, pronounced 'Groob'

All three Ultrapersons had to fuse in the movie to form Groob, who was in turn the only being powerful enough to beat the stuffing out of Treagar. No doubt Taiga is gonna have to do the same thing.
Groob is a wonderful name. But also why did they go with G(reen I assume?) instead of Y(ellow) for the Primary colors? I guess then they would've ended up as R/B/Y Ruby and there's already enough shows pronounced Ruby through weird acronyms. But this could've been a good one!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Why is Zero-Ones armor a much less aggravating shade of yellow in that poster, but everywhere else its that hideous highlighter green-yellow?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

JUMP! (it's the transformation sound)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h1L7B5Huq8

According to Google translate...

"Jump! Authorization!
Progrise! Jumping is rising! Rising Hopper!
A jump to the sky turns to a Rider Kick."

It's very different from the usual catchy songs, it's very mechanical but I dig it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That text-to-speech sounding last bit is kind of bad but I love everything else up to then. I wonder what other poo poo they're gonna have it say.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The text to speech bit loving rules

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Waffleman_ posted:

The text to speech bit loving rules

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Yeah that's something I cannot WAIT to holler at when seeing it in action, got the same weird energy as the horror scream that Rogue had. Getting pretty excited about Zero One tbh, looks like its got a ton of potential

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want there to be different TTS phrases for different Riders/forms.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can't believe Microsoft Sam is now a Kamen Rider belt

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

I want there to be different TTS phrases for different Riders/forms.

Knowing how these things work, there probably will be. Especially since the whole "jump" thing with this announcement likely comes from Rising Hopper, so any other would use different actions or whatever they go with.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I was getting a little sick of the belts singing at us when used in Zi-O. A more mechanical sound fits the more serious tone and robot theme.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah there's definitely gonna be unique TTS call-outs for each form. And I'd like it better if it was silly and consistent with the other sounds but the other sounds are cool as hell and funky and energetic. And then squirreled away right at the end there's the quick stiff, awkward soundbite that sounds like some intern ran the line through Google Translate and the aforementioned TTS program. Maybe it'll grow on me, I love the hell out of the rest of the sounds, but I can't accept the last bit as good yet.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 19, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ganbarizing stuff in the newest update. No Grand Zi-O summon shenanigans, I hope he uploads that as another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJuOdkZWsk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

With the TTS thing we're stupid close to a Hatsune Miku/Kamen Rider crossover. gently caress and yeah.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Considering Miku has done crossovers with Precure and Pripara I'm shocked we haven't seen on for Rider or Sentai

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Considering Miku has done crossovers with Precure and Pripara I'm shocked we haven't seen on for Rider or Sentai

On another note, since it’s basically the unofficial third entry in the SHT block I’d kind of like to see a crossover between Precure and Sentai and/or Kamen Rider one day (though Futari Wa did apparently have a pair of audio dramas where they teamed up with the Dekarangers and the Magirangers respectively).

Not entirely sure how it’d work but the easiest way to go about it would probably just be to make both groups animated.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Abaranger’s crossover with a cartoon did “animated rangers” and “cartoon character invades the live action world and battles a monster” and I can assure you the former option is better.

I wonder if Shout will skip that episode due to all the trademark concerns given that Toei Animation was adapting a manga. It’s got to be a bigger minefield than Decade showing up on Shinkenger.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 19, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Abaranger’s crossover with a cartoon did “animated rangers” and “cartoon character invades the live action world and battles a monster” and I can assure you the former option is better.

I wonder if Shout will skip that episode due to all the trademark concerns given that Toei A inaction was adapting a manga. It’s got to be a bigger minefield than Decade showing up on Shinkenger.

Crayon Shin-Chan also did a few crossovers with Den-O and Fourze (with both parties being animated), so there is some precedent if Toei ever wanted to try that particular concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ultraman Titus is cheesy and amazing and I love him. I like his henshin shot. I’m looking forward to seeing Fuma’s next week