Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jay & Silent Bob just somehow... works for me. It looks decent and brings me back to my early 20's binging his poo poo and listening to DVD commentaries of him.

gently caress DVD - Kevin Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nice to see David Dastmalchian and Kevin Smith working together after their random meet cute in the pedicure place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG-LE6TCLD0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2m3KF26fOE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I guess it’s trailer day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqVVswa420

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Some of that footage looks loving wild. I'm all here for Tom Cruise's never ending stare down with death.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 18, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

you know when you really boil it down to the most base level, this new Top Gun and that new Jay and Silent Bob are basically the same movie. Relics of a past era who refuse to give up the glory despite being anachronisms.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

Some of that footage looks loving wild

Halfway through all I’m thinking “did Tom Cruise really loving learn how to actually fly a jet fighter for this?” The takeoff and the flight over the mountains looked so real.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Did they shoot any of it in large format? I checked imdb and at least it's being mastered in 4k, so it should be worth watching in imax anyway.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Halfway through all I’m thinking “did Tom Cruise really loving learn how to actually fly a jet fighter for this?” The takeoff and the flight over the mountains looked so real.

i had that thought too and then i thought "honestly he probably just learned that in his spare time years ago in the hopes that they would eventually make this movie"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Miles Teller as Anthony Edwards's son is actually really good casting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I would not be surprised if he did.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That trailer seems to think that I have a reverential attitude toward the first Top Gun which I do not have.

e: If Tom Cruise did actually learn to fly jets for the role, that's worth the ticket price alone.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 18, 2019

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
"Top Gun and fighter jets are such an 80s thing. No way it would have appeal now-a-days."

*gets sucked right in*

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lol, this is great.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I assumed they stuck him in the back seat of a F/A-18F and made it look like a single seater.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

teagone posted:

Lol, this is great.

And at least a draft was written by Justin Marks, the creator of the underrated tv show counterpart.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Top Gun: Maverick is going to be garbage and I can't wait to see it because I loving love Top Gun.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Zero One posted:

I assumed they stuck him in the back seat of a F/A-18F and made it look like a single seater.

I know he’s a pilot, though I don’t know if he’s rated for a jet plane. He learned how to fly a freaking helicopter though, so I wouldn’t be shocked.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://youtu.be/Um0aZKbpe1Y

Given the whole "turn the cameras inward on Tom as he legitimately pilots a helicopter" thing from MI, I'd put money on those shots being genuine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One note of that score and I was so fuckin IN

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Zero One posted:

Literally the only reason Tom Cruise signed up for this was so that he could fly the plane himself.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

kiimo posted:

One note of that score and I was so fuckin IN

Yep. Once I heard it start, I had a grin on my face haha.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s pretty much Cruise’s thing. He loves doing insane stunts himself, riding motorcycles, and learning to pilot every vehicle on the planet.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Retrowave Joe posted:

That’s pretty much Cruise’s thing. He loves doing insane stunts himself, riding motorcycles, and learning to pilot every vehicle on the planet.

the last 10 years of Tom Cruise's career has just been an extended meditation on his mortality. The man either has a death wish or thinks that he is invincible.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Scientology works!

If you are a millionaire.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tom Cruise should star in a Just Cause film

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gently caress Hollywood’s shameless military bullshit forever

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

tylersayten posted:

Yvan eht nioj!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

tylersayten posted:

Agreed, but... Tom Cruise maaaan.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Tom Cruise sucks and so does Top Gun and so will this sequel

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Peanut President posted:

Tom Cruise the person is crazy and weird and sucks. Tom Cruise the actor owns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Peanut President posted:

When did you lose that lovin feelin

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

Some of that footage looks loving wild. I'm all here for Tom Cruise's never ending stare down with death.
Yeah for real. Seeing him in the cockpit sold me. I'm hype as hell for this movie now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
gently caress that Top Gun crap.

https://twitter.com/universaluk/status/1151960883343581188

It's here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming